Author Topic: Best Political Cartoons  (Read 1652288 times)

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Re: Best Political Cartoons
« Reply #5535 on: February 29, 2016, 02:42:52 am »
In my personal experience, the phrase "the fix is in" carries negative connotations. Using that to refer to keeping the Gov't from gaining access to all of the phones implies they are pro phone-access.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5536 on: February 29, 2016, 09:38:21 am »
In my personal experience, the phrase "the fix is in" carries negative connotations. Using that to refer to keeping the Gov't from gaining access to all of the phones implies they are pro phone-access.

Pretty sure the bit about the fix being in refers to the GOP refusing to replace Scalia.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #5537 on: February 29, 2016, 09:42:09 am »
I didn't see it like that.  The Gitmo prisoner isn't really portrayed in a negative light, and Apples privacy concerns are represented by the Statue of Liberty.

Did you even look at the comic? The GITMO prisoner has the same "crazy eyes" as the lone gunman few panels later and he is grimacing.

Maybe he's just angry at being locked up without charge or trial.

You're so cute when you grasp at straws
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5538 on: February 29, 2016, 02:49:10 pm »
Except here's a cartoon mocking people afraid of Gitmo prisoners:

And here are some other cartoons he did on the refugee crisis:

As for his views on terrorism:

« Last Edit: February 29, 2016, 02:55:56 pm by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5539 on: March 02, 2016, 07:12:46 pm »

I'm not sure if this actually fits here at all. I suspect it belongs in weird political cartoons. A category which would be wall to wall Dees and the Guardian:

Speaking of Dees - here he is. I have put him in here because while I think he is wrong, and probably certifiable, I find his art kinda awesome.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 11:27:39 pm by davedan »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5540 on: March 03, 2016, 05:29:49 am »
First Dog on the Moon on George Pell's appearance before the Royal Commission.

(click to show/hide)

Warning, huge

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5541 on: March 03, 2016, 04:47:37 pm »
Fuck I love First Dog on the Moon.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #5542 on: March 04, 2016, 08:09:21 am »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5543 on: April 10, 2016, 12:02:43 pm »

Translation: "The immigrants are sucking up all our tax money!"

Obvious reference to Nordea teaching their customers how to hide their money in tax havens and occasionally even telling them to alter documents and change the dates on documents afterwards because the bank certainly did not want to have their customers get caught doing tax evasion.

...And some people still complain about immigrants and think that they are the real threat to well being of Nordic countries.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #5544 on: April 13, 2016, 12:30:55 am »
Just for Niam:

And some more funny ones:

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5545 on: April 13, 2016, 01:16:37 am »
Now that I've seen so many comics and writers compare Trump to Hitler I wish to point out one way in which Trump is better: Having a moustache like Hitler does is now frowned upon merely because Hitler had facial hair like that. If the same applies to Trump this will merely mean that unkempt hair and bad comb-overs will be all but gone. (Unless the person with bad hair is a fan of Trump which is still a win-win situation.)

Hitler also gave a bad name to the name Adolf which is a shame but I am hoping that Donald Duck is recognizable enough to protect "Donald" from suffering the same.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5546 on: April 13, 2016, 01:44:08 am »
Thank you, Davedan.

I am amazed nobody has taken shots at Trump's assistant Robin Himmler. As in, she actually has that name. Did not change that last name. And somehow got through high school with that last name.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5547 on: April 14, 2016, 05:35:20 am »
I'm not sure where to put this (I don't know if it should have its own thread), but...

Anyway, when he was still in power, Harper signed a deal with Saudi Arabia to sell arms to them. Never mind that Saudi Arabia goes out and uses them on civilians.

What does Justin Trudeau do when he takes power? Claims he's stuck with a signed contract and that he would never have negotiated it.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-saudi-arabia-arms-lav-contract-liberals-conservatives-neil-macdonald-1.3534795

There's a catch: Stephane Dion, his Foreign Affairs Minister, just concurred with the memo written by his department's staff on why the deal is A-OK.

Meanwhile, when the Liberals were in Opposition, one of Trudeau's main advisors posted this picture on Twitter:

Somehow, now that his party's in power, all those concerns have gone right out the window.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #5548 on: April 15, 2016, 09:14:19 pm »
Presidential pokemons.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5549 on: April 20, 2016, 10:13:49 am »