Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1671266 times)

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2010 on: December 24, 2012, 10:27:49 am »
The only people I've ever heard use the whole "key and lock" argument are the same idiots who try to drag evolution into the matter by some how saying that "Being faithful and only with one man is beneficial to the girl, but it is beneficial to the guy to sleep around".

Of course, the idea is idiotic for several reasons, but that is what I've observed.

I've heard that argument with one man many women polygamy before. Basically they say one-man-many-wives polygamy is good because then you know who the father is, and you get a ton of babies, and they're healthier since the women are younger.
One-woman-one-man polygamy is bad because you don't know who the father is, and she gets "worn out".
(Is it really that hard to get a DNA test? Or plan out the breeding?)

Fucking disgusting.
These people think they're the happy, moral ones, but they view humans like cattle.

I look at these people and think "Wouldn't it benefit the female to sleep around and prevent the males from figuring out who is the father? This would possibly keep multiple around which would give more resources to the child and her".

Out of curiosity, is this a valid view?

That's what I thought, but apparently how well the kids are doesn't matter, it's just how many babies they can pump out.

And yes, I've heard this argument many times before, mostly from MRA's and anti-feminists.
BITCHES! YOU BITCHES! Killing me won't bring back your God damn honey!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #2011 on: December 24, 2012, 04:43:22 pm »
The terms you were looking for are Polygyny and Polyandry. Polygyny is one man married to multiple women, Polyandry is one woman married to multiple men.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2012 on: December 24, 2012, 05:02:35 pm »
The terms you were looking for are Polygyny and Polyandry. Polygyny is one man married to multiple women, Polyandry is one woman married to multiple men.

Oh, well thanks.

Distind

« Reply #2013 on: December 24, 2012, 08:17:39 pm »
I look at these people and think "Wouldn't it benefit the female to sleep around and prevent the males from figuring out who is the father? This would possibly keep multiple around which would give more resources to the child and her".

Depends heavily on social expectations. Speaking from personal experience she'd probably end up with only one surviving male around her(one way or another) in the circles I've known. More base cultures you'd even have the concerns of a male eliminating children to ensure his own recieve all of the resources.

There's a chance of a few staying around a woman sleeping around, but I doubt it. Plus it hardly makes sense for a guy to sleep around when you take child support laws into account. Evolution flunked out of law school maybe. But these are people who think getting laid will do anything other than let them say they've gotten laid, so there's always bit of circumspect logic involved.

Offline Auggziliary

• The Beast
  • Queen of the birdies
« Reply #2014 on: December 24, 2012, 10:52:51 pm »

Depends heavily on social expectations. Speaking from personal experience she'd probably end up with only one surviving male around her(one way or another) in the circles I've known. More base cultures you'd even have the concerns of a male eliminating children to ensure his own recieve all of the resources.

There's a chance of a few staying around a woman sleeping around, but I doubt it. Plus it hardly makes sense for a guy to sleep around when you take child support laws into account. Evolution flunked out of law school maybe. But these are people who think getting laid will do anything other than let them say they've gotten laid, so there's always bit of circumspect logic involved.

This isn't totally related, but sometimes birds will practice weird forms of polygyny. One species (I forgot the name, but it's basically a common finch) will have the male birds mate with many female birds, but he will only "marry" and raise the nest that he sees hatches first. This competition for the male leads to crazy ass female bird fights, such as females smashing other females eggs, or dumping the babies out.

Birds are crazy as shit man.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #2015 on: December 25, 2012, 04:14:38 am »

Not unknown for polygamy too, or in cases when their son is in line to inherit in some manner if one was to go back in time. May even occur if one mother dies, and the man remarries, they may try to murder the original heir so their heir will inherit. I mean, if the mother has decent control of the heir, they usually can control a puppet kingdom or something. And since they've already produced progeny, there's no reason they'll get married off.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline starseeker

• God
« Reply #2016 on: December 25, 2012, 08:08:00 am »

Not unknown for polygamy too, or in cases when their son is in line to inherit in some manner if one was to go back in time. May even occur if one mother dies, and the man remarries, they may try to murder the original heir so their heir will inherit. I mean, if the mother has decent control of the heir, they usually can control a puppet kingdom or something. And since they've already produced progeny, there's no reason they'll get married off.

I think the most common form of polyandry is a wife married to a set of brothers, which would ensure only 1 set of heirs per generation.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fraternal_polyandry#Fraternal_polyandry

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2017 on: January 12, 2013, 11:40:10 pm »
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2018 on: January 12, 2013, 11:48:53 pm »

Maybe because the guy abandoned an actual baby and not a clump of cells?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #2019 on: January 13, 2013, 12:35:49 am »
Not only that, it's a total non sequitur. It's perfectly possible for a woman be pro choice and give a baby up for adoption.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2020 on: January 13, 2013, 12:42:03 am »

Basically a street artist hates how Hollywood loves Islam hates Christianity.  Note that a Burqa covers the whole face what that is a niqab and I put more thought into that then he did.  I assume if you know some of the proper names of Islamic dress you probably are not the target audiace.  But basically he would cover up a "Hollywood Liberal" woman's picture with a niqab.
Just for reference
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 12:44:13 am by kefkaownsall »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2021 on: January 13, 2013, 02:08:19 am »

He makes a good point. Why haven't we retired the Deadbeat Dad trope, along with unequal pay?
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2022 on: January 13, 2013, 02:19:55 am »
Are you serious really no child support.  Also in America man gets custody 50% of time

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2023 on: January 13, 2013, 03:01:54 am »
Are you serious really no child support.  Also in America man gets custody 50% of time

I'm gonna have to ask for a citation on the latter, because...that sounds like somethin pulled out of one's ass and polished up a teensy bit to seem reasonable.

Found this in about 10 seconds via Google.  Dunno if the site's legit or not, but that makes a LOT more sense, given that America is a society where men are the "breadwinners," and are seen as hapless tits when it comes to anything involving children.  Or cleaning.  Or cooking.  Or any housework, for that matter.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2024 on: January 13, 2013, 03:04:15 am »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!