Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1672164 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #2655 on: May 10, 2013, 05:30:02 pm »

I... I got nothin'.

Seriously, what the hell did I just read?

(click to show/hide)

Spoilered for NSFW imagery.

What's this even trying to say? That Rabbis like to rape little girls? Where the hell does that come from?

Also, The copy/pasting of that Jewish guy on to stuff is just hilarious to me because of how stupid it is. Isn't the caricature itself also plagiarized from a Nazi propaganda poster?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2656 on: May 10, 2013, 05:31:43 pm »
No keep playing this game Fred.  It amuses us to have you make everyone assume you're a total idiot.

Drive-by insults? Check. No attempt to criticise the actual substance? Check. Refusal to answer my question? Check. Ad hominem attack? Check/

This is flaming, and should be kept to the F and B forum.

Go fuck yourself.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2657 on: May 10, 2013, 05:40:55 pm »
What's this even trying to say? That Rabbis like to rape little girls?

On empty planes, apparently. Which you can't guarantee without a private charter. Even accepting any sort of 'Jews = control all the world's money' conspiracy, this still seems like an unnecessarily expensive way to run a paedophile ring, so I'm still confused.

The whole thing not only makes no sense, but makes no sense on the terms that it sets.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2658 on: May 10, 2013, 06:29:59 pm »
/mod-horns on

Ironbite, you've got a bad habit of flaming Fred outside of Flame and Burn, and while I've been giving people unofficial warnings to knock it off before, you should know better by now.  So, I have to give you an official warning for this now.  Knock it off or it'll get worse.  There's a perfectly good subforum to unleash all hell, so go do it there.

On the other hand...

/mod-horns relaxed

Fred, you share some blame in this, too, for your own behavior, not to mention snipe-backs are just as bad.  You have an increasingly bad habit of rejecting any arguments that disagree with your own notions, and you act like an arrogant jack-ass while you're doing so.  You often complain that people don't address your arguments when they are, in fact, addressing your arguments.  And when someone explains something about American culture to you, you choose to reject it as you have done in this thread.  If I were an armchair psychologist I'd say that you have a superiority complex.

Basically, you're walking flame-bait.  What's saving you from an official warning is that I don't think you're stupid enough to do it intentionally.  That being said, I'm not going to soften my blows.  You want people to stop flaming you?  Stop pissing people off.  Start using honest arguments.  Stop being antagonistic.  If you can't be respectful to your opponents when arguing, get out of the argument.

Of course, in Flame and Burn you're allowed to be more antagonistic, but then people have the right to take out their frustration on you, too, so there you go.

I'm out.

/mod-horns off
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2659 on: May 10, 2013, 08:38:34 pm »
More disgusting anti-Semitism.

Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #2660 on: May 10, 2013, 08:58:22 pm »
It's establishing the Obama-serving-white-interests-just-like-Uncle-Toms-on-the-plantation metaphor. Is that metaphor racist, and why?

It racializes an issue that is political and economic in nature. Obama's actions in continuing the War on Terror aren't related to his race, they're related to his position.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Undecided

• The boring one.
  • Bishop
  • Amateur Obfuscator
« Reply #2661 on: May 10, 2013, 09:44:13 pm »
It's establishing the Obama-serving-white-interests-just-like-Uncle-Toms-on-the-plantation metaphor. Is that metaphor racist, and why?

It racializes an issue that is political and economic in nature. Obama's actions in continuing the War on Terror aren't related to his race, they're related to his position.
It does racialize the issue. But asserting that race is important isn't (necessarily) racist, even if you are in error, and even if the way you do it is highly charged.
You mad, you lose.

People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller
Le doute n'est pas une condition agréable, mais la certitude est absurde.
Voltaire

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2662 on: May 10, 2013, 09:49:03 pm »
Is this the "Atomic Flamethrowing Vagina" thing you were talking about?  I found it independently.

Regardless of how delightfully memetic it is, however, it still qualifies as one of the worst political cartoons in history.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #2663 on: May 10, 2013, 10:48:14 pm »
Are you plumbing the archives of resist.org?
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2664 on: May 10, 2013, 11:01:35 pm »
Are you plumbing the archives of resist.org?
Yup.  There's a goldmine of material to poke fun at in there.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2665 on: May 11, 2013, 04:36:17 am »
Fred, you share some blame in this, too, for your own behavior, not to mention snipe-backs are just as bad.  You have an increasingly bad habit of rejecting any arguments that disagree with your own notions, and you act like an arrogant jack-ass while you're doing so.  You often complain that people don't address your arguments when they are, in fact, addressing your arguments.  And when someone explains something about American culture to you, you choose to reject it as you have done in this thread.  If I were an armchair psychologist I'd say that you have a superiority complex.

Basically, you're walking flame-bait.  What's saving you from an official warning is that I don't think you're stupid enough to do it intentionally.  That being said, I'm not going to soften my blows.  You want people to stop flaming you?  Stop pissing people off.  Start using honest arguments.  Stop being antagonistic.  If you can't be respectful to your opponents when arguing, get out of the argument.

Of course, in Flame and Burn you're allowed to be more antagonistic, but then people have the right to take out their frustration on you, too, so there you go.

I'm out.

/mod-horns off

This is probably ill-advised, but I do feel the need to defend myself here. I've been accused of dishonesty (something I'm always smashed for accusing). I've also been accused of arrogance, deliberately or unintentionally baiting flaming and worse. This is, I think, blatantly unfair. You're mistaking disagreement for arrogance.

If you go back and look, I didn't 'reject' any argument. I made a very long post disputing someone else's argument. Debate. I disagreed and made an argument supporting that disagreement. If that's arrogant, okay, I'm arrogant. But I didn't 'reject' anything.

I would actually describe your insistence that I know nothing about American culture as arrogant.

I disagree with this. It doesn't introduce an emphasis on race at all. Obama's election was widely (and rightly) seen as a watershed moment, the first black man as President would understand the problems facing the African-American community and do something about it. This cartoon is saying that he did not. He continued to serve the interests of the (white) American aristocracy, like an Uncle Tom character (hence the accent).

I don't think that's racist. I think it's wrong, but I don't think using a slavery analogy is racist.

Is this the "Atomic Flamethrowing Vagina" thing you were talking about?  I found it independently.

Regardless of how delightfully memetic it is, however, it still qualifies as one of the worst political cartoons in history.

Can we please have "Revenge of the Atomic Flamethrowing Vagina? That would surely rank among the greatest films ever.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2666 on: May 11, 2013, 12:57:12 pm »
What's this even trying to say? That Rabbis like to rape little girls?

On empty planes, apparently. Which you can't guarantee without a private charter. Even accepting any sort of 'Jews = control all the world's money' conspiracy, this still seems like an unnecessarily expensive way to run a paedophile ring, so I'm still confused.

The whole thing not only makes no sense, but makes no sense on the terms that it sets.

I saw that! Why is he so explicit, man! If you're gonna say something stupid like "Jews are pedos", have a Jewish stereotype leer over her of something. I DON'T WANNA SEE THAT! I think A Wyatt Mann is a pedo! YEAH, WYATTY BOY! YOU LOVED DRAWING THAT CHILD GETTING HER BARE NIPPLES PINCHED BY THAT JEWISH STEREOTYPE...AND EGADS, REAL SMALL CHILD GIRL DON'T HAVE BOOBIES!

Blecch! A tiny little girl with weird homonal issues getting molested by Rabbi Fiddleman! THANK YOU VERY MUCH "A PEDO MANN", YOU FUCK!

THAT TOPS EVEN THE FAT GIANT TEEN-POOPER GUY!

I agree about "one of the worst political cartoons in history". That said, compared to "Giant Teen-Pooper" & "Hasidic Airplane Pedo", "Schlock-Cinema Nerdy Gay Sparkle-Nebbish" is utterly quaint & goofy.

Ugh, I'll bet life in "A Wyatt Mann's" mind is like that stuff in the movie, The Cell.

I've modified it, waddaya think?

In retrospect, I should've given it a disco-theme. He's sparkly & looks like a nerdy disco fan (who also likes weird exploitation-stuff). Maybe I'll redo it & dub him "DISCO DORK". Shoulda added tape to his glasses.

Since there are folks with idiot worldviews who like to photoshop their idiocy onto (mostly) non-idiot political cartoons, I'd thought that it might be fun to do the same to them. I'll take these fundy/bigot-toons & change them into something Progressive or apolitical. I'll post them here. Waddaya say, guys? I'll even change the cartoonist names into something spoofy (I should have changed 'A Wyatt Mann', here, to 'A Wrayatt Gurl' or something).
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 01:49:49 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #2667 on: May 11, 2013, 01:09:08 pm »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #2668 on: May 11, 2013, 01:53:12 pm »

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
« Reply #2669 on: May 11, 2013, 04:04:51 pm »
Can we please have "Revenge of the Atomic Flamethrowing Vagina? That would surely rank among the greatest films ever.

We rebuilt her. We had the technology. But we should not have done so, for now we face the

REVENGE
OF THE
ATOMIC
FLAMETHROWING
VAGINA

COMING SOON
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.