Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1672452 times)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #3615 on: September 17, 2013, 02:19:17 pm »
I know from a friend that one restaurant in my general area sometimes didn't even wash the dishes, they just rinsed the food off so it looked clean. Granted this is the same place with a stoner for a manager and my friend finding a lady sticking her arm up to her elbow in to the pudding at the salad right after he had changed it. She proceeded to lick the pudding off her arm with my friend telling her something to the effect of "what the hell lady, I just changed that!" Her kid then comes up and sticks his arm in the pudding. Best part? This restaurant is the last of a group of pizza places that birthed what is now one of the largest pizza chains in the area.

As much as this guy I knew was at times a bullshitter, he swears up and down these things were totally true. After things I've seen, yeah, I'll believe it.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3616 on: September 17, 2013, 02:39:11 pm »
Also you end up frozen at the end of the day from all the water

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3617 on: September 17, 2013, 02:47:02 pm »
I had to work in food service last semester. I'm so glad I got a different job this time.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #3618 on: September 17, 2013, 02:51:05 pm »
I couldn't handle being a dishwasher

30 year restaurant business pro here. Dishwashing is one of the hardest and most stressful jobs in that business. The entire restaurant operation can come to a halt if the disher doesn't keep up with demand during a rush. Even the best veteran disher will sink under the weeds if the machine breaks, or the grease trap backflows. When working as a manager, I always dreaded it if we had only a rookie disher when an unexpected rush hit. I had to go there and help. It was the only position that absolutely required immediate attention in an understaffed or rookie staff situation. I will say without any shame that even I could not handle being a solo disher during a rush - it is mind boggling how fucking awful it can get back behind that dish pit, friends. Steamy screamin' hell.
Your pants are gonna be ruined from all the bleach

Bleach is heaven compared to a backed-up grease trap sludge soaking into your shoes and pants. One time I had to clean out the trap crazy nasty messy fast, then run back to the mop sink, strip off my shoes socks and pants, scrub the sewage off with mop solution and water from the filler, then re-dressed in checkered chef uniform pants and a big pair of somebody's shoes so I could go back out to help the solo bartender who was 3 deep with standees. We all laughed about the clown suit I was reduced to after work. I made a keg of Heiny "disappear" from the inventory for the staff after closing that night.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #3619 on: September 17, 2013, 05:15:31 pm »
Going back to the wage thing -
It should probably also be noted that the military wage is in addition to medical coverage, job training, subsidized housing, discount plans all across the country, paid vacation time, and other benefits that are often also extended to immediate family members.
I don't know what the tax rate is on military income, or if that number is after taxes or not.
Someone making 30k a year in the USA, after an average 15-20% tax deduction, probably wouldn't be able to  afford medicare and rent in the same month. 
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3620 on: September 17, 2013, 07:51:05 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #3621 on: September 17, 2013, 08:30:43 pm »

The Constitution protected Rosa Park's "freedom" to ride on the back of the bus? HAHAHAHA! Holy shit, do the people who made this realize just how badly their analogy just backfired?  ;D

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #3622 on: September 17, 2013, 08:55:08 pm »
-snip-

The Constitution protected Rosa Park's "freedom" to ride on the back of the bus? HAHAHAHA! Holy shit, do the people who made this realize just how badly their analogy just backfired?  ;D

Uhh...that's not what the pic is saying.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3623 on: September 17, 2013, 09:16:24 pm »

Huh. One would think that things get written into the Constitution by having some reason to be there in the first place, rather than being revealed from Above by unquestionable authority.
Σא

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3624 on: September 17, 2013, 09:49:42 pm »
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #3625 on: September 17, 2013, 10:46:10 pm »
What on earth are you going to defend against with a .22? Small varmints?

That's not defending yourself, that's defending your chickens. I vote we arm the chickens. I mean, what could go wrong with giving chickens guns?

23 years from now: "... and that children, is how the world became what it is today, with the Great Poultry Revolt of 2017"

History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3626 on: September 17, 2013, 11:53:49 pm »
An armed chick... is a FREE chick!

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3627 on: September 18, 2013, 02:15:09 am »

Wrong thread - that's a parody that was made for a competition in Israel about ten years ago.  Unfortunately I can't find the site now :(

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3628 on: September 18, 2013, 02:25:50 am »

Wrong thread - that's a parody that was made for a competition in Israel about ten years ago.  Unfortunately I can't find the site now :(

Aw, well darn on me for not tilting my head 90 degrees and reading the label on the side. /facepalm
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3629 on: September 18, 2013, 04:28:50 am »

That's... not what that is saying at all.

I'm calling Poe but still.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 10:37:33 am by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!