Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1674530 times)

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #5640 on: May 01, 2015, 05:35:17 pm »
Especially considering that several of the looters in the cartoon look white for some reason. Um, guys, if you're going to make a joke about the saggy pants and the belts, the time to be racially sensitive has passed.

I'm pretty sure that the "saggy pants" clothing style isn't limited to a single ethnic group.
Neither is eating fried chicken.
Or kool-aid.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5641 on: May 01, 2015, 05:36:19 pm »
Especially considering that several of the looters in the cartoon look white for some reason. Um, guys, if you're going to make a joke about the saggy pants and the belts, the time to be racially sensitive has passed.

I'm pretty sure that the "saggy pants" clothing style isn't limited to a single ethnic group.
Or kool-aid.

Wait, Kool-Aid is stereotypically black?  I thought that was grape soda.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #5642 on: May 01, 2015, 05:41:56 pm »

Or kool-aid.

Wait, Kool-Aid is stereotypically black?  I thought that was grape soda.

Common one I hear, maybe it is just my area.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5643 on: May 01, 2015, 05:48:35 pm »
Grape Soda and Kool Aide are the poor black american's drink of choice.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #5644 on: May 01, 2015, 07:32:58 pm »
Don't forget the watermelon.  :P

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5645 on: May 01, 2015, 07:41:11 pm »

I know where you can stick it, Mr. Mann.

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5646 on: May 01, 2015, 08:35:10 pm »

I know where you can stick it, Mr. Mann.

ULTIMATE PARAGON FOR THE WIN!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5647 on: May 02, 2015, 10:41:16 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5648 on: May 02, 2015, 10:47:25 pm »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #5649 on: May 02, 2015, 11:38:00 pm »

Why, exactly, is this so bad?

At first glance, I see nothing objectionable about this.

However, this might be some comment on how "thug" has gone from a generic term for "hoodlum" to a dog-whistle for "black person". Perhaps the cartoonist is saying that blacks are using "bully" as a dog-whistle for "white person".

Or it could just be what it looks like at first glance a commentary on how news coverage has degenerated, with talking heads yelling at each other like idiots.

That said, it may be a reference to this......
http://www.addictinginfo.org/2015/04/29/just-call-them-nggers-black-guest-destroys-cnn-hosts-racist-attitude-to-baltimore-protesters-video/

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #5650 on: May 03, 2015, 12:09:58 am »
Also, I haven't seen anyone saying ALL cops are abusive. Just that those who are aren't being stopped by those who aren't.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5651 on: May 03, 2015, 12:22:21 am »
Also, I haven't seen anyone saying ALL cops are abusive. Just that those who are aren't being stopped by those who aren't.

They are in some places.  Charleston, for instance.  Michael Slager was fired, and he's been charged with murder.

Fact is, not all police departments are the same.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2015, 12:26:43 am by Ultimate Paragon »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #5652 on: May 03, 2015, 12:30:44 am »
Good point. We are seeing the "toxic work environment" PDs in the news, mostly. Who would've guessed that a small city in the Deep South would buck the trend? It all depends on how these PDs have been managed over the long course of time. Shitty, corrupt PDs don't pop up over night.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5653 on: May 03, 2015, 01:28:44 am »

They are in some places.Charleston, for instance.  Michael Slager was fired, and he's been charged with murder.
Okay, first, it doesn't matter what people say about cops. Cops aren't an enthnic group or nationality, their a fucking line of emoloyment. Saying that cops suck is no different than saying lawyers are greedy or politician are corrupt. As far as I'm concerned if a group that has been bullied by cops for the past 150 years is going to hate cops that's fine. Secondly, wow, an officer who was caught on tape shooting a fleeing unarmed man and planting evidence afterwards now faces the possibility of getting some sort of punishment. THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!

And the reason that cartoon is bullshit is because
1. I have never seen any black guy on the news ever say cops are bad, like, ever.
2. The reason it's bullshit is because it's pushing the crap about how the misunderstandings and prejudices blacks have about white are just as harmfull as the ones white people have about blacks.

White people cant act like we have any seriouse grievances towards black people, but black people
have been brutally oppressed by the white establishment for 400+ years.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #5654 on: May 03, 2015, 02:16:00 am »

They are in some places.Charleston, for instance.  Michael Slager was fired, and he's been charged with murder.
Okay, first, it doesn't matter what people say about cops. Cops aren't an enthnic group or nationality, their a fucking line of emoloyment. Saying that cops suck is no different than saying lawyers are greedy or politician are corrupt.

I'd like you to remember that the next time somebody criticizes civil rights activists.

As far as I'm concerned if a group that has been bullied by cops for the past 150 years is going to hate cops that's fine.

No, it isn't.  All it does is create a vicious cycle of animosity.  Fact is, African-Americans have every right to be angry at the police, but this is a problem that can only be solved through actual dialogue and cooperation.  I know that we should beware of false equivalences and the middle ground fallacy, but taking it for granted that the responsibility for fixing the problem rests entirely on one party's shoulders ain't any better.

Furthermore, calling people monsters accomplishes nothing, which is something I've touched on before.

Secondly, wow, an officer who was caught on tape shooting a fleeing unarmed man and planting evidence afterwards now faces the possibility of getting some sort of punishment. THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!

He's already been punished!  He was fucking fired!  And he's going on trial!  What, would you rather he get lynched by an angry mob?

In fact, let's change that around:

...wow, an uppity thug who was caught on tape shooting a cop in cold blood now faces the possibility of getting some sort of punishment. THE SYSTEM WORKS!!!

You see?

And the reason that cartoon is bullshit is because
1. I have never seen any black guy on the news ever say cops are bad, like, ever.

Not in so many words, no.  But "dog-whistle terms" have never been unique to the establishment.

2. The reason it's bullshit is because it's pushing the crap about how the misunderstandings and prejudices blacks have about white are just as harmfull as the ones white people have about blacks.

Tell that to Colin Ferguson's victims.  Or white Zimbabweans.  Or the people massacred in Haiti. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1804_Haiti_massacre

They may not be "just as harmful", at least in the U.S., but they're still harmful.  You can calculate privilege all you want, but at the end of the day, they're still dead because of racism.

White people cant act like we have any seriouse grievances towards black people, but black people
have been brutally oppressed by the white establishment for 400+ years.

Jews have been oppressed for millennia, but that doesn't stop people from calling a Jew out when he/she says something less than stellar.