Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1673597 times)

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6300 on: March 14, 2016, 08:33:11 pm »
Ah yes, the atheist majority persecuting the poor Christians.

To be fair, that has happened in the past

No, it really hasn't. But nice try with the historical revisionism.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6301 on: March 14, 2016, 09:02:48 pm »
Say, isn't stealing a sin? Someone refresh my memory.....

Oh, here's the Deviantart page I found this on.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Reality-of-atheism-596605553

You're welcome!

It is stealing because it's a redrawing of a cartoon where instead of a sign he's belting the guy with a cross and complains of impinging on his religious freedom when the guy goes to break it.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6302 on: March 14, 2016, 10:37:03 pm »

You say it's "historical revisionism."  Why do you think so?

Say, isn't stealing a sin? Someone refresh my memory.....

Oh, here's the Deviantart page I found this on.

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Reality-of-atheism-596605553

You're welcome!

It is stealing because it's a redrawing of a cartoon where instead of a sign he's belting the guy with a cross and complains of impinging on his religious freedom when the guy goes to break it.

I suspected as much.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #6303 on: March 14, 2016, 11:16:36 pm »
I just posted a kindly warning that it's a copyright infringement. Because it is. Deviantart carries ads. Bet he's saying "Jesus!" in a not-happy way. And the admin takes it down.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6304 on: March 15, 2016, 03:03:13 am »

Actually Christians are currently the biggest recipients of religious discrimination but it is mainly happening in places like China and middle east (With the occasional minor cases in Catholic countries that offer special treatment to one branch or Christianity and treat other branches that are minority poorly.)

And then we got the people who think that they are being persecuted if someone suggest taking away the special position that Christianity still has in some countries because it is the "official state religion." Poland for example is giving Catholics all kind of special favours and if someone suggest things like, I dunno, making Catholic church pay for the religious classes that are held by Catholic priests in schools or at least letting the schools have some control over who is chosen as the teacher or what kind of religious studies they teach (since the tax payers are the ones paying for all of it currently) and you get people enraged as they see this as heretical act (some Polish politician implied that the devil is the one behind this new demand) and they fight tooth and nail to defend the "monoculturalism of Poland."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #6305 on: March 15, 2016, 01:03:59 pm »
I just posted a kindly warning that it's a copyright infringement. Because it is. Deviantart carries ads. Bet he's saying "Jesus!" in a not-happy way. And the admin takes it down.

Yeah, check out what he said to me. Ooh! I'm so scared of the little Christtard's fanclub! I'm shaking in my size 7 loafers! Oh, someone save me!

He's response to you was pretty laughable as well. Grammar, motherfucker, can he use it? And he's spewing the typical God and country bullshit.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #6306 on: March 15, 2016, 01:42:00 pm »
He's a total chickenshit/batshit flat-out cultist of a "Christian". 

Here's my new comment from this morning. No doubt he'll "spam" it off before anybody else gets to read it. He's so stupid, I feel sorry for him. I strongly agree with your comments, but I took a different approach, probably just because I'm old and a softy when it comes to younger folks; "Give 'em lots of slack! You were too passionate or naïve at some point, too."

mellenORL Edited 2 hours ago   

Look, I'm trying to help you to not get into serious trouble. Not criticizing your faith, okay? Here is the link to Deviantart's copyright policy page - about.deviantart.com/policy/co…      At least scroll down the page to read "What's Fair Use?", and click the links within that section to research how you can safely and legally alter the original cartoon as a form of "parody", or protest if prefer to call it. "Parody" does not necessarily equal "comedy", it's just part of the legal description of the method by which you could legally alter the original copyrighted cartoon so as to express your opinion about it and your faith.

ADDENDUM - Ha! He left my comment above intact, and added a link to his source for the original Vs. altered version of the cartoon (links to another paranoid fundie blog, but yeah, what else would he ever read?).
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 02:06:36 pm by mellenORL »
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #6307 on: March 15, 2016, 06:11:24 pm »
He's a total chickenshit/batshit flat-out cultist of a "Christian". 

Here's my new comment from this morning. No doubt he'll "spam" it off before anybody else gets to read it. He's so stupid, I feel sorry for him. I strongly agree with your comments, but I took a different approach, probably just because I'm old and a softy when it comes to younger folks; "Give 'em lots of slack! You were too passionate or naïve at some point, too."

mellenORL Edited 2 hours ago   

Look, I'm trying to help you to not get into serious trouble. Not criticizing your faith, okay? Here is the link to Deviantart's copyright policy page - about.deviantart.com/policy/co…      At least scroll down the page to read "What's Fair Use?", and click the links within that section to research how you can safely and legally alter the original cartoon as a form of "parody", or protest if prefer to call it. "Parody" does not necessarily equal "comedy", it's just part of the legal description of the method by which you could legally alter the original copyrighted cartoon so as to express your opinion about it and your faith.

ADDENDUM - Ha! He left my comment above intact, and added a link to his source for the original Vs. altered version of the cartoon (links to another paranoid fundie blog, but yeah, what else would he ever read?).

Well, mellen, you're just nicer than me. Can't fault you for that.

This internet tough guy seems to be not only an art thief, but someone who steals from people who've already stolen from other people. So much for honor among thieves.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #6308 on: March 15, 2016, 06:50:20 pm »
This internet tough guy seems to be not only an art thief, but someone who steals from people who've already stolen from other people. So much for honor among thieves.

Much as I enjoy seeing a Christian get thrown to the e-lions, he didn't do anything worthy of criminal prosecution. Calling it "theft" and using words like "stolen" or "stealing" poisons the well and encourages a culture that overcriminalizes the social activity of producing derivative works.

I know such misrepresentation is encouraged by the corporate elite, but their interests in copyright are at odds with the interests of the public.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #6309 on: March 15, 2016, 08:12:25 pm »

Much as I enjoy seeing a Christian get thrown to the e-lions, he didn't do anything worthy of criminal prosecution. Calling it "theft" and using words like "stolen" or "stealing" poisons the well and encourages a culture that overcriminalizes the social activity of producing derivative works.

I know such misrepresentation is encouraged by the corporate elite, but their interests in copyright are at odds with the interests of the public.

Well, what would you call it?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6310 on: March 15, 2016, 08:58:19 pm »
A bastardized derivative work?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline mellenORL

• The Beast
« Reply #6311 on: March 15, 2016, 09:33:22 pm »
Just lazy shit as an excuse for creativity, in this case. I warned him not because I am a fan of copyrighting, but because this clueless dude could get in actual deep legal trouble because of how aggressively some companies pursue infringers...even if it's just some obscure little fundie fuckwit harmlessly playing around in his sandbox on Deviantart.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #6312 on: March 19, 2016, 03:43:18 pm »
Check out Lord Elthibar's latest "Masterpiece".

http://www.deviantart.com/art/No-Atheism-597483753

Reminds me of that episode of Daria where Brittany tries to design a poster telling people not to join a gang or take drugs. "Where is my lipstick?"

Even Then

« Reply #6313 on: March 19, 2016, 04:38:10 pm »
I love how the sarcastic comment gets featured by the owner.

I also like how LordEnema claims that Daesh shouting "Allahu Akbar" means they represent Islam while WBC invokes the name of God while picketing soldier funerals. (I tried to point out the hypocrisy to him. He wanked No True Scotsman until climax, then banned me.)

EDIT: Holy crap I made it to his description. Upsetting conservatives is always a joyous occasion.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #6314 on: March 22, 2016, 04:16:37 pm »
Sarcasm flies right over this douchebag's head.