Author Topic: Are We Keeping Karma?  (Read 40947 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Are We Keeping Karma?
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2012, 01:38:35 am »
Another forum I use has a system where your karma (or rep as it's called in those parts) isn't a direct representation of the amount of + or - others give you, but only goes up or down when a certain net number of other posters (I've no idea what the exact number is) either + or - one post in a single direction. Not something I would generally recommend, as rep-related drama still exists and tends to involve either groups of posters down or up repping all of a single user's posts or single person making many alternate accounts to do the same, though it may work quite nicely over here if the amount of exalts or smites on a single post is around 70% of the number of regular posters (or some other high but otherwise arbitrary percentage) and the majority of the forum avoids using it as a tool for drama.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2012, 06:35:52 am »
Did you know if you smite or exalt someone you can not do the opposite to the same person in a different post on the same thread?

I was playing with the shiny new toy, hit smite, decided I liked it better when the person had an even number of exalt/smite, went to hit exalt and it switched my smite to an exalt instead of evening them out. *is just tired enough to be amused by this*
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2012, 06:49:26 am »
I just treat it as an amusing little toy, nothing that really tells me how people view me. If I did I'd go mad trying to figure out what I said that was so bad to earn me so many smites.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2012, 06:52:06 am »
Have an exalt on the house for being so awesome.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2012, 07:01:53 am »
Did you know if you smite or exalt someone you can not do the opposite to the same person in a different post on the same thread?

I was playing with the shiny new toy, hit smite, decided I liked it better when the person had an even number of exalt/smite, went to hit exalt and it switched my smite to an exalt instead of evening them out. *is just tired enough to be amused by this*

You can't smite or exalt the same person twice within an hour.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!