Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2067442 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #4470 on: December 09, 2012, 05:16:52 pm »
To be fair, no one asks a guy if all he plays is WoW when he says he's a gamer.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #4471 on: December 09, 2012, 06:11:17 pm »

Actually, these guys are idiots.  While Final Fantasy III was never ORIGINALLY released in the U.S., it was eventually released here in the states on the DS.  I know, because I've fucking played it.

http://na.square-enix.com/ff3/

Having said that, I do see the point of the comic of the guys being dickweeds who make assumptions.

That gamer chick one is so accurate it's sad. Guys wonder why there aren't any 'cool gamer girls' to be around? Cause you keep insulting them and their intelligence.

I think there's a difference between being a complete head up your own ass and being a little iffy about someone taking the term gamer if the only thing they play is WoW or farmville.

'Cept that doesn't even begin to apply in the context of the comic or what I was talking about. If you shoot someone down because of your own sexist ideas it's no one's fault but your own that you can't find a 'cool gamer girl'.

Also, sometimes people are introduced to gaming via such casual games so there's really no reason to be an ass to someone if they show interest in video games, even if it is World of Warcraft or otherwise.

Someone like WoW? Maybe you should think of introducing them to action RPGs like Torchlight. Similar type of thing to get acclimated to gaming as an actual hobby with a wide variety of options.

And there's nothing wrong with being a casual gamer. Where we decided you have to play games 60 hours a week to be considered a gamer is beyond me.

But I am also a bit opinionated and the whole gaming thing is a button for me.

It's called the No True Scotsman Fallacy.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:18:15 pm by B-Man »
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #4472 on: December 09, 2012, 07:40:53 pm »
That gamer chick one is so accurate it's sad. Guys wonder why there aren't any 'cool gamer girls' to be around? Cause you keep insulting them and their intelligence.

I think there's a difference between being a complete head up your own ass and being a little iffy about someone taking the term gamer if the only thing they play is WoW or farmville.

'Cept that doesn't even begin to apply in the context of the comic or what I was talking about. If you shoot someone down because of your own sexist ideas it's no one's fault but your own that you can't find a 'cool gamer girl'.

Also, sometimes people are introduced to gaming via such casual games so there's really no reason to be an ass to someone if they show interest in video games, even if it is World of Warcraft or otherwise.

Someone like WoW? Maybe you should think of introducing them to action RPGs like Torchlight. Similar type of thing to get acclimated to gaming as an actual hobby with a wide variety of options.

And there's nothing wrong with being a casual gamer. Where we decided you have to play games 60 hours a week to be considered a gamer is beyond me.

But I am also a bit opinionated and the whole gaming thing is a button for me.

I was disagree with the men in the comics and I used the 'Someone' instead of male or female pronouns. I'm a serious game enthusiast and I tend to have a requirement with the term 'gamer' as being similarly enthusiastic. There's nothing wrong with liking casual games, there's nothing wrong with playing them. And I don't define 60 hours a week as gaming consideration (Even when I was doing nothing but play games I only managed 58 hours a week at most.) Just a little more intensive than a few casual game or one or two more serious gaming habits (Like WoW). There's nothing wrong with that, just there needs to be a dividing line.

I'm defining gamer to give it meaning. Not to insult those who do not have title, just to give it some meaning because as is it's so widely defined as to be meaningless.

Those chumps are assholes though.

I have. Mostly because trying to talk to someone who claims they are a gamer and yet can't talk to me about some of very great games, even popular ones.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 07:42:36 pm by Material Defender »
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4473 on: December 09, 2012, 07:42:48 pm »
Generally, I define a "gamer" as "someone who enjoys playing video games"

Seems like a simple enough definition for me.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #4474 on: December 09, 2012, 07:56:03 pm »

I have. Mostly because trying to talk to someone who claims they are a gamer and yet can't talk to me about some of very great games, even popular ones.

I don't own an X-Box or PS3, so a lot of the "great games" are unplayable to me. Does this mean I can't call myself a gamer? Where is the line of who is a gamer and who is not?

I dislike people who are fanatics in Farmville as much as the next guy, but if someone wants to use the title of "gamer", they should be free to as they do in fact play a game. It just happens to be ones that I find repulsive, shallow, and insanely boring.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #4475 on: December 09, 2012, 08:01:28 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #4476 on: December 09, 2012, 08:02:28 pm »

Is it bad that I find the way the Elrics are drawn in this to be creepier than the wtfJesus?

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #4477 on: December 09, 2012, 08:04:34 pm »

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #4478 on: December 09, 2012, 08:10:09 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline That Guy

• Bishop
« Reply #4479 on: December 09, 2012, 08:18:12 pm »

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #4480 on: December 09, 2012, 08:21:11 pm »
I'm new to tumblr, so if I am posting old-ass shit, lemme know :)

Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #4481 on: December 09, 2012, 08:34:55 pm »

a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #4482 on: December 10, 2012, 12:19:53 am »

ooooooo  shiny....

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4483 on: December 10, 2012, 12:41:15 am »

Offline Mechtaur