Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2065448 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #7455 on: September 27, 2013, 12:42:40 pm »

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7456 on: September 27, 2013, 12:44:19 pm »
(click to show/hide)

OH NO! That monster broke her back!

Seriously, look at her! If she is even alive I don't think she will ever walk again.

I'm more interested in the android's right arm. Look at where its arm goes and where its hand grasping the pole is. Exactly where does its elbow bend?

Actually that arm is fine - it's very foreshortened and the elbow is hidden by the weapon blast kapow thingie.  I'm just going to go with 'the girl is dead and half-dismembered'.

Well, look a bit closer: the weapon impact is closer to the shoulder than the elbow, and there's not actually a visible elbow. The arm looks to be going inward and across the chest, like he's going for a cross-draw sword or holster that isn't there (or groping the dead lady's sideboob), but instead it lurches around and there's a hand sort of floating in the ether holding a lamppost. Unless the arm is paper-thin and this guy is literally two-dimensional like Paper Mario, there's no way he can be bending like that.
If we are going to examine everything I would like to point to the guy behind the corporal with the SMG: What is he doing? He is covering his head with one hand and pointing the other at Mr. Green "the mean hugging machine" (The machine part is literal, he is an android.) Did he used to hold a pistol which was edited out? And why would they do that when they are obviously ok with showing guns being fired on the cover? Or did the gun get knocked out of his hand by a swing of  Mr. Green's makeshift-club?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7457 on: September 27, 2013, 12:56:14 pm »
He's not even pointing: his hand is clutched like he's halfway to making a fist.

Is there anything in this cover that ISN'T bad?

How about the officer pointing at the monster being given three thick, black lines to represent the joints in his finger? Or his hat apparently being made of hard, shiny plastic?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #7458 on: September 27, 2013, 02:21:58 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Seriously, look at her! If she is even alive I don't think she will ever walk again.

I'm more interested in the android's right arm. Look at where its arm goes and where its hand grasping the pole is. Exactly where does its elbow bend?

Actually that arm is fine - it's very foreshortened and the elbow is hidden by the weapon blast kapow thingie.  I'm just going to go with 'the girl is dead and half-dismembered'.

Well, look a bit closer: the weapon impact is closer to the shoulder than the elbow, and there's not actually a visible elbow. The arm looks to be going inward and across the chest, like he's going for a cross-draw sword or holster that isn't there (or groping the dead lady's sideboob), but instead it lurches around and there's a hand sort of floating in the ether holding a lamppost. Unless the arm is paper-thin and this guy is literally two-dimensional like Paper Mario, there's no way he can be bending like that.

Here's how I see what's going on.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #7459 on: September 27, 2013, 02:41:32 pm »
Did he used to hold a pistol which was edited out? And why would they do that when they are obviously ok with showing guns being fired on the cover?

This is one of those things that really bugs me about censorship. Handguns and other small arms are somehow more subject to anti-violence censorship than weapons that are obviously more dangerous.

For example: In Super Smash Bros, Snake isn't allowed to use any handguns or rifles, yet Nintendo was perfectly fine with him keeping rocket launchers, grenades, and C4.

I suppose it has something to do with small arms being more involved in crime than the rest, but that's just because they're easier to obtain than rocket launchers and explosives.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #7460 on: September 27, 2013, 03:36:10 pm »
While were on the subject:

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #7461 on: September 27, 2013, 05:16:49 pm »
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #7462 on: September 27, 2013, 05:49:59 pm »
This, my friends, is comic genius.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7463 on: September 28, 2013, 02:00:49 am »
(click to show/hide)

Here's how I see what's going on.

In which case he's bending his wrist in a way that must be terribly uncomfortable and makes any swing really, really awkard.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7464 on: September 28, 2013, 02:10:08 am »
He's an android I don't think he has a concept of "comfort" </cop out>
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #7465 on: September 28, 2013, 02:45:17 am »
Wait, that drawing of the arm wouldn't work. If you look at the comic cover, the fist is actually pretty far above the rest of the arm.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #7466 on: September 28, 2013, 07:41:18 am »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7467 on: September 28, 2013, 09:34:06 am »

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #7468 on: September 28, 2013, 10:14:09 am »

Here, here!
That's only true of mass produced American beer. Craft and microbreweries produce good beers that don't taste like water.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #7469 on: September 28, 2013, 04:58:38 pm »
If Germans think American beer tastes like water, then I think tasting German beer would actually kill me.

Beer is nasty piss.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet