Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066802 times)

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #8475 on: February 08, 2014, 04:26:07 pm »
1. I'm pretty sure Darwin's black.
2. I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't join the Brotherhood of Mutants, so this fight makes no sense.
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #8476 on: February 08, 2014, 05:24:53 pm »
1. I'm pretty sure Darwin's black.
2. I'm pretty sure Jesus wouldn't join the Brotherhood of Mutants, so this fight makes no sense.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #8477 on: February 08, 2014, 05:49:27 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8478 on: February 08, 2014, 08:46:30 pm »

Do a Google Image Search on this image. See what it predicts the image to relate to. Very first result.

Google is aware.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8480 on: February 08, 2014, 10:18:39 pm »
No no, just do the Google Image Search feature that lets you find other pages with that image. On Chrome at least, you can right-click the picture and it has "Search Google for this image" as one of the options.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #8481 on: February 09, 2014, 12:40:45 am »
I like the "again", like it's stating they've done this before, with the implication of exasperation (okay that's just how I mentally say it)

"Oh great, they're having a lovers spat again."

It reminds me of this scene, straight out of the book, The Hobbit :D
http://loki-nightfire.deviantart.com/art/and-Oin-and-Gloin-began-to-fight-347039132
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8482 on: February 09, 2014, 05:31:43 am »
Jesus is Irish now, by the looks of things.
Well what did you expect? It's not like he'd look middle eastern or anything.

Funnily enough a hell of a lot of Italian Renaissance art depicts Jesus as paled skinned and red haired - more often than I've seen even in British and Irish religious art.  I dont know why, I mean I would've expected Italian artists to have painted him to look Italian if anything.  Maybe they had to paint him to look more "gaelic" because the vatican wanted it so when they comiisioned art.  But why would the vatican insist on a pale, ginger Jesus?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 05:53:49 pm by Katsuro »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8483 on: February 09, 2014, 12:13:04 pm »
Titian's paintings were well loved by Renaissance era gentry and scholars and such muckety-mucks. Search "Titian red", and you'll see how many portraits of both real and allegorical/biblical people he painted with this beautiful shade of ginger hair. Also, it is not unusual to see natural gingers and blondes amongst native born ethnic Italians, since even before ancient Rome was all over Europe, many Celts and Franks and Goths and other nation tribes traded with, traveled to, and intermarried with mainland proto Italians.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #8484 on: February 09, 2014, 05:58:05 pm »
Also, it is not unusual to see natural gingers and blondes amongst native born ethnic Italians, since even before ancient Rome was all over Europe, many Celts and Franks and Goths and other nation tribes traded with, traveled to, and intermarried with mainland proto Italians.

I've been to Rome, Florence, Venice, Verona, and Bolzano and I never saw anyone close to being as pale as Italian Renaissance Jesus lol.  Apart from British tourists lol.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #8485 on: February 09, 2014, 07:06:13 pm »
Tumblr in a nutshell:

"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #8486 on: February 09, 2014, 07:31:58 pm »
Also, it is not unusual to see natural gingers and blondes amongst native born ethnic Italians, since even before ancient Rome was all over Europe, many Celts and Franks and Goths and other nation tribes traded with, traveled to, and intermarried with mainland proto Italians.

I've been to Rome, Florence, Venice, Verona, and Bolzano and I never saw anyone close to being as pale as Italian Renaissance Jesus lol.  Apart from British tourists lol.

Well, my two coworkers who had dual citizenship in Italy and USA, and grew up in Italy, had light brown and red hair, respectively, and a girl I dated who was 100% Italian, here on a permanent resident status, had natural light auburn hair and green eyes. Italians in the far north of Italy are more likely to have lighter hair colors, as are Italian-speaking Swiss. You have seen some of the many famous commissioned portrait paintings of people by Italian Renaissance artists, like Titian?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8487 on: February 09, 2014, 08:55:25 pm »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

shykid

« Reply #8488 on: February 09, 2014, 09:10:48 pm »
Tumblr in a nutshell:

I, too, enjoyed the X-Files, but you need to calm down.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #8489 on: February 09, 2014, 10:42:33 pm »
I'm waiting for Bible shipping to become more popular.