Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066158 times)

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #9555 on: August 07, 2014, 09:33:18 pm »
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9556 on: August 08, 2014, 08:38:54 am »

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #9557 on: August 08, 2014, 08:16:53 pm »
Here's a picture I actually took myself. This is the back door to the large metal building in which my family live (in an apartment above the offices).

Yeah, the method of closing the door at night is medieval as fuck. The double doors have a latch on top of one door that hold it closed, and the left door's handle locks in to the other door. The way it's set up wasn't as secure as we would have liked when we installed it. If you jiggled and  pushed hard enough it could open when locked. Solution? Well we got so steel strips, a blowtorch, and a 2x4. If you look closely the board strangely fits perfectly in the first "step" in the door frame.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Art Vandelay

« Reply #9558 on: August 08, 2014, 08:29:23 pm »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9559 on: August 08, 2014, 09:04:22 pm »
Here's a picture I actually took myself. This is the back door to the large metal building in which my family live (in an apartment above the offices).

Yeah, the method of closing the door at night is medieval as fuck. The double doors have a latch on top of one door that hold it closed, and the left door's handle locks in to the other door. The way it's set up wasn't as secure as we would have liked when we installed it. If you jiggled and  pushed hard enough it could open when locked. Solution? Well we got so steel strips, a blowtorch, and a 2x4. If you look closely the board strangely fits perfectly in the first "step" in the door frame.

Battering Ram would take 5 seconds to take that down.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9560 on: August 08, 2014, 10:06:35 pm »
Good luck is nothing but being in shape to act with the universe when the universe says, "Now!" - John Gardner, The Sunlight Dialogues

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #9561 on: August 08, 2014, 11:55:45 pm »
(click to show/hide)

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9562 on: August 09, 2014, 08:53:19 pm »
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9563 on: August 10, 2014, 06:30:20 pm »

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #9564 on: August 10, 2014, 06:49:47 pm »
...They could have just shown an Asian kid who's good at baseball as oppose to math.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #9565 on: August 10, 2014, 06:57:52 pm »
...They could have just shown an Asian kid who's good at baseball as oppose to math.
I think it was chosen for irony's sake.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #9566 on: August 10, 2014, 07:22:09 pm »

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Hoplite

• The Beast
« Reply #9567 on: August 10, 2014, 07:33:05 pm »

Not to perpetuate racial stereotypes, but there are a few in American Major Leagues, mostly as relief pitchers. There was one in last year's World Series that was so good that when he came in the 8th or 9th inning, you could be assured he'd shut down the batting order 1-2-3 with guarantees.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9568 on: August 10, 2014, 07:57:27 pm »

It wouldn't have the intended effect. The joke here is partly on the audience -- a lot of Americans pride themselves on being bad at math and anti-intellectual in general, so it could be said that the PSA is making fun of them, too.

This isn't true about the baseball analogy.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #9569 on: August 10, 2014, 09:04:56 pm »
Heck, baseball is a major sport in Japan
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!