Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2068335 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #10755 on: August 15, 2015, 06:50:41 pm »
Didn't know convincing the little fucks to pitch in made them miserable.  Then again, kids suck, soooooooo...yeah.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #10756 on: August 16, 2015, 01:14:31 am »
Didn't know convincing the little fucks to pitch in made them miserable.  Then again, kids suck, soooooooo...yeah.

Or by keeping them from doing things that would create a mess.

Or by just not having kids in the first place.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10757 on: August 16, 2015, 09:29:45 am »

Now I am wondering if this is yet another example of anime posing of characters that every artist copies. Like the hundred anime and manga characters that copy this pose:

There is a compilation of them and I'll try to find it later.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10758 on: August 16, 2015, 09:32:46 am »
Something like this?

It must be law over there that all animators/comic artists must rigidly adhere to that one art style. Deviate from it in the slightest and you're blacklisted from the entire industry.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 09:37:56 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10759 on: August 16, 2015, 10:14:18 am »
I wouldn't be surprised.  The anime industry kinda shits on animators in general.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10760 on: August 16, 2015, 12:42:04 pm »
Different pose but same effect.
It must be law over there that all animators/comic artists must rigidly adhere to that one art style. Deviate from it in the slightest and you're blacklisted from the entire industry.

...You do realize that you just described every damn thing in Japan?

If you are X you do things one specific style. Japanese are very big on uniformity and they are practically all wearing uniforms all the time. Not literal ones but even their clothing is dependent on what group they belong to. For example: If you are a "Yankee" school hooligan you will still dress up in the "official" Yankee style -meaning that even the people who don't fit the mold of the exemplary citizen will still be made to fit some other mold.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10761 on: August 16, 2015, 10:25:18 pm »
...You do realize that you just described every damn thing in Japan?

If you are X you do things one specific style. Japanese are very big on uniformity and they are practically all wearing uniforms all the time. Not literal ones but even their clothing is dependent on what group they belong to. For example: If you are a "Yankee" school hooligan you will still dress up in the "official" Yankee style -meaning that even the people who don't fit the mold of the exemplary citizen will still be made to fit some other mold.

True enough, though anime seems to be especially bad on that front. Most other things they export (games, cars, electronics, etc) do indeed change with the times or sometimes even set the standard. Anime, on the other hand, has all looked almost exactly the same since the 60's, at least in terms of aesthetic.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10762 on: August 17, 2015, 01:59:42 am »
Cars have to change because they design better cars. Even fashion can change as long as everyone follows the new fashion.

Couple buddies and I talked about weird countries and although I still feel that both USA and Japan are weird one of them insisted that USA at least is in the same dimension as the rest of the Earth, slightly off and upside down as it may be, while Japan is in a entirely different dimension and only occasionally interacts with our world.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10763 on: August 17, 2015, 08:23:47 am »
Given how xenophobic Japan is...that's not entirely wrong.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10764 on: August 17, 2015, 01:11:49 pm »

Next month the Texas police will investigate the investigation where they investigated themselves investigating themselves to find out if they tampered with the evidence while tampering with the evidence.

Xzibit had this to say about these news: "...Damn."

And next on the news is Warlock Wiggins with the weather...

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #10765 on: August 17, 2015, 04:16:47 pm »
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #10766 on: August 22, 2015, 06:00:42 am »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10767 on: August 22, 2015, 07:53:58 am »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #10768 on: August 22, 2015, 05:28:07 pm »

That should've read "ONARE OBAMA!"

Ironbite-and had a guy in a trenchcoat walk through a silvery wall.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #10769 on: August 22, 2015, 08:02:40 pm »