Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2066167 times)

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #3330 on: August 20, 2012, 04:01:34 pm »
This is how I start my day.

22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #3331 on: August 20, 2012, 04:08:56 pm »
That is awesome. I wish I had a cat that'd give me a high-five.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #3332 on: August 20, 2012, 05:12:35 pm »

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #3333 on: August 20, 2012, 07:13:50 pm »
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #3334 on: August 20, 2012, 09:02:59 pm »
LOL Wikipedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_lists_of_lists

From the talk page:

Quote from: Wikipedia talk page for "List of lists of lists"
Keep in mind that this page itself could be on a list of lists of lists of lists. And if we split that page up into two sub-lists, then we can enter those sub-lists into a list of lists of lists of lists of lists. Clearly, this is the best page since Disambiguation (disambiguation). Cakedamber (talk) 03:42, 19 December 2011 (UTC)

This is clearly a list of lists (of lists). Therefore, it should be included on a list of lists. Thus, this article should link to itself. 130.207.70.171 (talk) 15:49, 2 March 2011 (UTC)

This is an encyclopaedia, not a computer science problem. :) Stevage 01:55, 10 March 2011 (UTC)

Why don't we create an article named List of lists of lists that don't include themselves? :) 201.66.171.62 (talk) 15:04, 10 April 2011 (UTC)

At minimum, I think we can agree that this page is itself a list of lists of lists. It follows that our list of lists of lists is incomplete since it doesn't include itself in either the list of lists nor the list of lists of lists page. 141.156.47.45 (talk) 21:59, 19 May 2011 (UTC)

Now that this page does include itself, the question becomes this: can we prove that it is a comprehensive list of lists of lists? Cakedamber (talk) 03:51, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2012, 09:16:33 pm by VirtualStranger »

Offline Yla

• The Beast
« Reply #3335 on: August 21, 2012, 06:38:57 am »
LOL Wikipedia

From the talk page:

Keep in mind that this page itself could be on a list of lists of lists of lists. And if we split that page up into two sub-lists, then we can enter those sub-lists into a list of lists of lists of lists of lists. Clearly, this is the best page since Disambiguation (disambiguation). Cakedamber (talk) 03:42, 19 December 2011 (UTC)

This is clearly a list of lists (of lists). Therefore, it should be included on a list of lists. Thus, this article should link to itself. 130.207.70.171 (talk) 15:49, 2 March 2011 (UTC)

This is an encyclopaedia, not a computer science problem. :) Stevage 01:55, 10 March 2011 (UTC)

Why don't we create an article named List of lists of lists that don't include themselves? :) 201.66.171.62 (talk) 15:04, 10 April 2011 (UTC)

At minimum, I think we can agree that this page is itself a list of lists of lists. It follows that our list of lists of lists is incomplete since it doesn't include itself in either the list of lists nor the list of lists of lists page. 141.156.47.45 (talk) 21:59, 19 May 2011 (UTC)

Now that this page does include itself, the question becomes this: can we prove that it is a comprehensive list of lists of lists? Cakedamber (talk) 03:51, 19 December 2011 (UTC)
That's...
That's utterly stunny. I can't decide whether that's utterly stupid or utterly funny, so I hereby declare it stunny. It's like mainpage fundie quotes, it's horrible how people take this seriously and yet one can't look away and laughs at the absurdity of it.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3336 on: August 21, 2012, 06:49:00 am »
LOL Wikipedia

From the talk page:

That's...
That's utterly stunny. I can't decide whether that's utterly stupid or utterly funny, so I hereby declare it stunny. It's like mainpage fundie quotes, it's horrible how people take this seriously and yet one can't look away and laughs at the absurdity of it.

So it's like a Dolan comic?
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3337 on: August 21, 2012, 07:06:05 am »
Yeah!  That's it!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #3338 on: August 21, 2012, 09:39:26 am »
This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.

Nooooooooooooo!

From the deletion page:

Strong keep per WP:LISTPURP and unanimous keep !votes at previous AfDs.

Christ, Wikipedia has it's own dialect now.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3339 on: August 21, 2012, 09:43:35 am »
This article is being considered for deletion in accordance with Wikipedia's deletion policy.
Please share your thoughts on the matter at this article's entry on the Articles for deletion page.
Feel free to edit the article, but the article must not be blanked, and this notice must not be removed, until the discussion is closed. For more information, particularly on merging or moving the article during the discussion, read the Guide to deletion.

Nooooooooooooo!

From the deletion page:

Strong keep per WP:LISTPURP and unanimous keep !votes at previous AfDs.

Christ, Wikipedia has it's own dialect now.

It's the internet, people'll initialise any phrase they use more than once a month, no matter how incomprehensible it makes things.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3340 on: August 21, 2012, 01:14:48 pm »

(I think it would be better without the "fuck the police." but that's just my opinion.)

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #3341 on: August 21, 2012, 01:33:36 pm »

This is a very tough decision, part of me wants to choose Star Wars, the other part wants to choose MLP:FIM
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 01:36:00 pm by nickiknack »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3342 on: August 21, 2012, 02:12:48 pm »

This is a very tough decision, part of me wants to choose Star Wars, the other part wants to choose MLP:FIM

Hmmm.... Event though I like many of those games/series/books/whatever I'm not sure if I'd like to live in those worlds as many of  them are hellholes. Constant warfare and threat of death, or even the extinction of your species. Some of those worlds don't even have indoor plumbing. Then again, even though Star trek is mostly an utopia I think choosing it would be taking the easy mode. (Especially since with the holodeck I could play in any of those other realities without the danger or other downsides.)

Hmm... Maybe One piece just because I like the utter insanity and awesomeness included.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #3343 on: August 21, 2012, 02:23:55 pm »

someone needs to carry this sign at every Westboro protest

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #3344 on: August 21, 2012, 03:26:41 pm »

Hmmm.... Event though I like many of those games/series/books/whatever I'm not sure if I'd like to live in those worlds as many of  them are hellholes. Constant warfare and threat of death, or even the extinction of your species. Some of those worlds don't even have indoor plumbing. Then again, even though Star trek is mostly an utopia I think choosing it would be taking the easy mode. (Especially since with the holodeck I could play in any of those other realities without the danger or other downsides.)

Hmm... Maybe One piece just because I like the utter insanity and awesomeness included.

Hey, if you're not an important character in Star Wars, you're likely to randomly die for no reason.  Especially if you're a generic Enterprise crew memeber. :P  That's not safe at all.
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.