Author Topic: Far-Right Terrorist Attacks in New Zealand  (Read 5542 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Far-Right Terrorist Attacks in New Zealand
« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2019, 11:20:44 am »

STORY TIME, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Okay, so I went to high school in the "prestigious" Little Rock Central High School.  You know, the one that crows incessantly about how its historic because it was the last to integrate, but let's just totally gloss over that because MUH LITTLE ROCK NINE.

The reality was that the place was barely better than a festering shitheap.  This school was, to put it bluntly, the last-choice school for kids that couldn't get into better ones or whose parents couldn't afford to drive them to a better one.  Now, you might not associate Little Rock, Arkansas with gang problems, but lemme tell ya...our 'hoods might not be as populous as those in, say, south-central LA, but it gets plenty fucking violent.  As in "I hear gunshots about 2-3 times a month" violent.  Given that Central High was the last choice for everyone, it attracted a lot of those kinds of people.  Ya know, gangbangers.

Fights were frequent enough that our school had not only security guards armed with batons and mace, but police officers armed with actual, loaded firearms.  Yes, "officers," as in more than one.  We never had a problem with gun violence during my time there, but let's just say that not all the incidences were just fistfights.

This was in a school that had random scans using portable metal detectors ("wands") and a "clear or mesh" rule for backpacks.

The kicker?  The school was a literal haven for low-grade drug dealers and there were several spots around the school where, if one were so inclined, they could get a handy or a beej for a few dollars.  I knew several of these dealers, and they sold everything from weed to oxycontin.  Several students came into class absolutely reeking of weed.  None of this was ever punished unless the actual, armed police officers caught you.

The school wasn't safer or cleaner because of all the searches and armed politzei and security cameras everywhere but the classrooms and shitters.  It was a seedy, disgusting shithole with a gleaming facade.  A gilded turd.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2019, 10:12:26 pm »
In other news, I've seen some debate about whether the shooter was actually far-right, since he expressed environmentalist and anti-capitalist sentiments in his manifesto. While I haven't read it myself, at least not yet, I'd just like to remind these people that the Nazis were critical of capitalism (considering it one of the methods the Jews used to oppress Germans, surprise surprise), as well as pretty big on animal welfare and protecting the environment.

Are there any Kiwis on this board, btw? I'm asking because I don't wanna accidentally get somebody arrested.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2019, 10:40:44 pm »
Yes, he was far right - just because he thought about animals maybe once or twice and talked about the environment does not overwrite you know, slaughtering Muslims because he's a shitheaded racist. It seems you're more interested in possible ways to divorce the far right from this guy.

Its the same kind of thought that leads into "he's a crisis actor!" and "this person is an agent provocateur."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #33 on: March 30, 2019, 11:18:06 pm »
Yes, he was far right - just because he thought about animals maybe once or twice and talked about the environment does not overwrite you know, slaughtering Muslims because he's a shitheaded racist. It seems you're more interested in possible ways to divorce the far right from this guy.

Its the same kind of thought that leads into "he's a crisis actor!" and "this person is an agent provocateur."

I was dismissing those theories. Or were you not addressing me?
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.