Author Topic: Cricket World Cup  (Read 5344 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Cricket World Cup
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2015, 01:36:29 am »
This shit hasn't finished. And fuck it crackers I don't interrupt your video game threads when your talking about destiny quest cockmonkey hero or whatever the fuck.

Said threads are about things that interest more than one regular poster on this forum.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2015, 01:52:15 am »
This shit hasn't finished. And fuck it crackers I don't interrupt your video game threads when your talking about destiny quest cockmonkey hero or whatever the fuck.

Said threads are about things that interest more than one regular poster on this forum.

Maybe some of us religiously lurk on cricket threads? Davedan wouldn't necessarily know.

I've started my fair share of obscure threads so I can't really take a dig at him for talking about something he likes.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2015, 02:03:19 am »

If you aren't interested in the thread, don't read it. It's not as though it's not clearly labeled or anything.
What about my talking about destiny quest cockmonkey hero?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2015, 02:16:16 am »
And now play has resumed and SA are 5/277 after 42.4 overs.

UP - I have no idea who Howard Cosell is but you can Cosell my balls. I do however do a good Max Walker.

Ironchew - Thanks

Dpareja - Push me and I'm going to start mentioning cricket in every post no matter which thread.

Art - to be honest I thought they modelled destiny quest cockmonkey hero after you ... so you can talk about it as much as you like.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2015, 02:21:53 am »
Now I want to see somebody actually create a game called Destiny Quest Cockmonkey Hero.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2015, 02:45:53 am »
South Africa finished at 5/281 after 43 overs but because of the Duckworth Lewis system NZ must score 298 in their 43 overs in a rain abridged game.

Brendon Mcullum is in fierce form and is 35 off 19 balls with NZ 0/46 after 4 overs....

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2015, 03:29:39 am »
Ahh Cricket, the sport of the kings.

More popular than the 'Murrican Hand Egg game and as far as I am aware people aren't loudly protesting that rapists should be freed from charges simply because they are good at playing cricket.

I'm pretty sure that it is less commercialized than Hand Egg as well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2015, 05:55:12 pm »
Turned into an Epic result for a NZ win. Needing 5 runs off the last two balls - Elliott hit a six to bring NZ into the world cup final for the first time.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/cricket/cricket-world-cup-grant-elliott-consoles-dale-steyn-at-end-of-epic-semi-final/story-fnqpo3wn-1227277151503

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2015, 08:46:56 pm »
Now that I am sober enough to type, here's the wrap up.

Australia beat India in the other semi-final. This made the final Aus vs NZ to be played at the MCG.

NZ batted first and were rolled comprehensively for 183 all out. Australia won with 14 overs to go by 7 wickets.

There was, and continues to be, much rejoicing.

Thanks for coming