General Category > Suggestion Box

Rule talk

<< < (2/29) > >>

davedan:
Like I'm going to be able to tell what the planck constant is - I want a lump of platinum

Sigmaleph:
I mean, they didn't throw out the lump of metal. If for some reason you personally need to rederive the kilogram after all accurate weight-measuring instruments have been destroyed, you can still go to France and grab it. if, y'know, it survived whatever wrecked everything else.

dpareja:
The rules, in short:

1. Don't be a dick.
2. If you're a dick we'll ban you.
3. What constitutes being a dick is at the sole discretion of the staff.

The_Queen:

--- Quote from: niam2023 on June 13, 2019, 02:42:53 am ---Nobody on this site takes you seriously OR respects you, CU.

--- End quote ---

You took the words right out of my mouth

Chaos Undivided:

--- Quote from: niam2023 on June 13, 2019, 02:42:53 am ---Nobody on this site takes you seriously OR respects you, CU.

--- End quote ---

Direct question: do you condemn the death threats Nick Sandmann got?

--- Quote from: dpareja on June 13, 2019, 08:52:08 pm ---The rules, in short:

1. Don't be a dick.
2. If you're a dick we'll ban you.
3. What constitutes being a dick is at the sole discretion of the staff.

--- End quote ---

The first two I'm fine with. But I got some problems with the last. Simply put, how can I be sure the rules won't be selectively enforced?

--- Quote from: Sigmaleph on June 13, 2019, 06:12:11 pm ---
--- Quote from: Chaos Undivided on June 12, 2019, 08:36:21 pm ---I'd like to open this thread with a couple direct questions to the mods. What are the standards when it comes to enforcing the rules? Why are the standards the way they are?
--- End quote ---

The rules exist to facilitate the existence of a community. The standards in enforcement derive from that goal.

--- End quote ---

Well, ain't I part of the community? Or am I just the forum outlaw?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version