Community > Society and History

Fire at Notre Dame

(1/4) > >>

Chaos Undivided:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-47941794

Jesus Fucking Christ, hasn't Paris suffered enough!?

dpareja:
The part of me that doesn't care about the relics of religion could only care insofar as the blaze is contained to the building and doesn't spread.

The part of me that wants to preserve important pieces of history (for instance, as museums) hopes as much as possible can be saved.

Eiki-mun:

--- Quote from: dpareja on April 15, 2019, 05:19:06 pm ---The part of me that doesn't care about the relics of religion could only care insofar as the blaze is contained to the building and doesn't spread.

The part of me that wants to preserve important pieces of history (for instance, as museums) hopes as much as possible can be saved.

--- End quote ---

The relics of religion aren't in the building right now since its closed for renovation. The only thing we're losing is some of the historical stuff (mainly windows).

dpareja:

--- Quote from: Eiki-mun on April 15, 2019, 05:48:18 pm ---
--- Quote from: dpareja on April 15, 2019, 05:19:06 pm ---The part of me that doesn't care about the relics of religion could only care insofar as the blaze is contained to the building and doesn't spread.

--- End quote ---

The relics of religion aren't in the building right now since its closed for renovation. The only thing we're losing is some of the historical stuff (mainly windows).

--- End quote ---

Yes, but the art--some of which couldn't be removed, like the windows, or the carving of the Last Judgment--was religiously inspired, plus the building itself is a freaking cathedral. It is itself a relic of religion.

Chaos Undivided:

--- Quote from: dpareja on April 15, 2019, 06:14:43 pm ---
--- Quote from: Eiki-mun on April 15, 2019, 05:48:18 pm ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Yes, but the art--some of which couldn't be removed, like the windows, or the carving of the Last Judgment--was religiously inspired, plus the building itself is a freaking cathedral. It is itself a relic of religion.

--- End quote ---

And?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version