Author Topic: New Citadel Paint Line  (Read 1997 times)

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
New Citadel Paint Line
« on: April 08, 2012, 10:36:50 pm »
I feel accomplished. I'm pretty sure I'm making the nerdiest thread in FSTDT history, which is quite a feat. But with that out of the way...

Has anyone managed to try some of the new paints yet?

Sadly, I am far too broke to manage it at the moment. But I know there's a fair number of wargamers on here. And I'm looking for people's thoughts.

My only real exposure to them so far is the DVD that comes with the new How To Paint Citadel Miniatures. After the mixed reviews I saw online, I have to say the video made the paints seem to perform rather well. I especially liked the look of the new metallic paints--they seemed less "full of sparkles" and to have more of a true metallic sheen to them. I also really like the idea of the dry compounds--so much less wasted paint when drybrushing. The only ones I'd have anything negative to say about would be the texture paint, and that's not because they didn't seem to work well, but simply a matter of practicality. You seemed to need a lot to get the right effect, and it's not significantly different from sand and glue--which is basically free, as compared to $3.70 a bottle.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
Re: New Citadel Paint Line
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 12:16:22 am »
Not sure why we couldn't have revived the tabletop games thread (again....), but I'm only going to try out the new paints when I need new pots. Considering that I paint with exactly 15 colors, I'm not much of a hardcore painter.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Yaezakura

• The Pokemon Mistress
  • God
  • Little Lesbian Gaming Goddess
    • A Mayor's Tale - The daily trials of an Animal Crossing Mayor
Re: New Citadel Paint Line
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 12:19:06 am »
...heh. Honestly, I forgot it was there.