Author Topic: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic  (Read 641274 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
« Reply #2235 on: September 18, 2013, 11:03:24 pm »
*sings* My little time lord, my little time lord. I used to wonder what time travel could be...

Until you all shared its science with me
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2236 on: September 18, 2013, 11:28:31 pm »
*sings* My little time lord, my little time lord. I used to wonder what time travel could be...

I love/hate you both so much right now.  Could always start a riot over who's supposed to be the Doctor's companion, Derpy, Carrot Top or Twilight...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2237 on: September 19, 2013, 02:09:11 am »
Personally I'm a fan of Derpy being the companion.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #2238 on: September 19, 2013, 11:45:48 am »
Personally I'm a fan of Derpy being the companion.
Same here.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2239 on: September 20, 2013, 11:15:36 pm »
Chili's made a pony and got so much negativity they took it down.

I like the feminist who takes the time to make it her own personal soapbox about how bronies are MRAs.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2240 on: September 21, 2013, 12:16:23 am »

I like the feminist who takes the time to make it her own personal soapbox about how bronies are MRAs.

Exhibit A of "Anti-bronies are just as every bit as idiotic as bronies are."

Also I saw SuperPsyguy post a link but I couldn't be arsed to transcribe it into my URL bar.  I know Psyguy's a brony, what the hell was he posting as a reaction?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2241 on: September 21, 2013, 12:42:10 am »

Exhibit A of "Anti-bronies are just as every bit as idiotic as bronies are."

Also I saw SuperPsyguy post a link but I couldn't be arsed to transcribe it into my URL bar.  I know Psyguy's a brony, what the hell was he posting as a reaction?

It's a screencap of various tweets reacting to Chili's pony, similar to the picture syaoranvee posted.

https://twitter.com/SuperPsyguy/status/380775329670758400/photo/1

Σא

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2242 on: September 21, 2013, 01:32:56 am »
Oh, I should've figured XD

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #2243 on: September 21, 2013, 02:23:46 am »

Weird, because MLP:FiM itself could be considered pretty feminist (while still having a traditionally feminine aesthetic, what with the bright colors and cutesy flowers and so on).

(which makes it even weirder that there ARE sexist brony MRA hipsters out there. What, it's not enough to actively dislike women, you have to appropriate female entertainment* as well?)

*Yes, Faust wanted the series to be enjoyable for all ages/sexes, however its intended audience is young girls, who seldom have anything decent produced for them.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #2244 on: September 21, 2013, 08:34:21 am »
I remember when I first watched "The Last Round-Up", when I first saw Cherries Jubilee I thought "Oh no! Applejack joined a brothel!" Then I remembered "No, wait, this is a kids show." Never had I been more relieved to make that observation.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #2245 on: September 21, 2013, 10:22:58 am »

I love/hate you both so much right now.

Here, let's make it better/worse:

(My little Lovecraft) I used to wonder what eldritch could be
(My little Lovecraft) Until you all shared its madness with me...
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #2246 on: September 21, 2013, 11:57:45 am »

Weird, because MLP:FiM itself could be considered pretty feminist (while still having a traditionally feminine aesthetic, what with the bright colors and cutesy flowers and so on).

(which makes it even weirder that there ARE sexist brony MRA hipsters out there. What, it's not enough to actively dislike women, you have to appropriate female entertainment* as well?)

*Yes, Faust wanted the series to be enjoyable for all ages/sexes, however its intended audience is young girls, who seldom have anything decent produced for them.

Despite having said this a couple times before, this is the one thing that will always bother me about a majority of MLPfans: the sexism and the fact that it runs on feminist philosophy, something despised by these people because they run on these cruel strawman memes from Republicans and other socially conservative/regressive folks who have been feeding them this bullshit for years.

This show should serve to keep them in touch with their feminine side, but instead because they're heterosexual, cissexual males they run on one of the memes that also makes them not only so sexist but also hostile towards others; the fact that the three corresponds to the unrealistic image of "manliness", something I beg every young man in this society to stop subscribing to and its image to be rendered to an irrelevant, unreachable fantasy.

You are also hearing this from a cissexual male (more accurately, a sexually inconsistent young male) who has been mentioned to be "manly" several times and because I despise this image and being tied to someone so inconsiderate to others because of this "because we're men" codswallop I purposely rebel from my stepfather's image of me.

All and all, I just wish most fans of this show aren't such meatheads who have to redefine a show targeted for younger girls (though Lauren Faust, married to the great Craig McCracken) as masculine when it's not all. These men seriously can't get in touch with their feminine side and I really hate them. I just in general really hate the shit that has to come out of this show because most of its fans are so insecure.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2247 on: September 21, 2013, 01:14:25 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2248 on: September 21, 2013, 06:30:16 pm »

Despite having said this a couple times before, this is the one thing that will always bother me about a majority of MLPfans: the sexism and the fact that it runs on feminist philosophy, something despised by these people because they run on these cruel strawman memes from Republicans and other socially conservative/regressive folks who have been feeding them this bullshit for years.

This show should serve to keep them in touch with their feminine side, but instead because they're heterosexual, cissexual males they run on one of the memes that also makes them not only so sexist but also hostile towards others; the fact that the three corresponds to the unrealistic image of "manliness", something I beg every young man in this society to stop subscribing to and its image to be rendered to an irrelevant, unreachable fantasy.

You are also hearing this from a cissexual male (more accurately, a sexually inconsistent young male) who has been mentioned to be "manly" several times and because I despise this image and being tied to someone so inconsiderate to others because of this "because we're men" codswallop I purposely rebel from my stepfather's image of me.

All and all, I just wish most fans of this show aren't such meatheads who have to redefine a show targeted for younger girls (though Lauren Faust, married to the great Craig McCracken) as masculine when it's not all. These men seriously can't get in touch with their feminine side and I really hate them. I just in general really hate the shit that has to come out of this show because most of its fans are so insecure.

BING

FUCKING

O!

Someone give this guy an internet because he sure as anything deserves one!

(He probably deserves three, to be honest, but let's not get ahead of ourselves!)

Seriously, this fits right into what I've been saying with "The loudest bronies are the ones who are most insecure about themselves."  They enjoy the show but feel the need to overcompensate with being misogynistic, masculine pricks who are trying to claim the spot of "primary demographic".

As someone who is intimately familiar with his feminine side (and I don't say that because I'm gay) the machismo in the Brony fandom is fucking annoying.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #2249 on: September 21, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »
I remember when I first watched "The Last Round-Up", when I first saw Cherries Jubilee I thought "Oh no! Applejack joined a brothel!" Then I remembered "No, wait, this is a kids show." Never had I been more relieved to make that observation.

That's been played with in fanfics... usually to HILARIOUS results!

to wit:  "Applejack! Are you bringing ill repute to my house of ill repute?!"

For context? Cherries Jubilee was running a quiet little saloon and salt bar.  The most the mares did was dinner and conversation with lonely stallions.  Then Dash shows up, looking for AJ...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."