Author Topic: Meeting Between Chinese and Taiwanese Presidents  (Read 1343 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: Meeting Between Chinese and Taiwanese Presidents
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 10:37:27 pm »
What sort of fruit. The PRC taking over Taiwan fruit or the PRC accepting that Taiwan actually exists fruit. Or the PRC accepting that Taiwan both exists and should exist and shouldn't be immediately invaded fruit.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 01:02:17 am »
I'd be interested to know the domestic politics around this. Apparently the Taiwanese leader is not the best.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2015, 11:00:47 pm »
On a related note, I've been wondering why seemingly every nation in the world recognizes either China or Taiwan, but never both. Even in the UN, Taiwan was rejected from member status as soon as China was accepted in. Is there some sort of universally-binding agreement that prevents governments from recognizing both?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2015, 11:15:34 pm »
On a related note, I've been wondering why seemingly every nation in the world recognizes either China or Taiwan, but never both. Even in the UN, Taiwan was rejected from member status as soon as China was accepted in. Is there some sort of universally-binding agreement that prevents governments from recognizing both?

There are very few, if any, countries that both recognize the Republic of China and with which the People's Republic of China maintains formal diplomatic relations.

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.