Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1518786 times)

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #1350 on: November 28, 2012, 08:59:10 am »
Dishonored stealth gameplay never engaged me. After playing lots of stealth games, most new stealth games come as intuition. Not Dishonored!

On the other hand, trying to drive the boat in AC3 was like slipping on a well worn shoe. It felt just right. I was worried that section would suck, but no. I was very surprised... and happy.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1351 on: November 28, 2012, 03:55:28 pm »
No, it's got a pretty on-the-rails feel to it. You might want to try different strats against the bad guys but that's about it. Try out different endings (there are two, a paragon and a renegade ending).

But, after finishing it I'm kinda wondering why I bothered. But the reviews are mixed. Some love it, some are meh, others hate it cause OMG FEMALE TURIAN WITH BOOBS (even tho we don't know if they're actually boobs or not because she never takes her armor off. It could just be her carapace is elongated to give the impression).

The only thing you'd probably do is wait for it to be 50% off to pick off the achievements. But it's not entirely worth it even for that unless you're a strict completionist.

If you're really interested in Aria and why Cerberus took Omega, then you can read the comics. The DLC is just the finale which you can already guess what happens so it's nothing shock and awe.

In other news I forgot the information about Lego LotR having voices. But, I also understand why (differentiate between Elvish and Common). Still weird. Used to having a version of Simlish.

Thanks for the info; I think I'll wait.  I've been having a hard enough time replaying ME3, not because of the endings, but because I'm so sick of finishing a mission, only to see loading screen, cut scene, loading screen, cutscene, loading screen, dream sequence, loading screen, report to Hackett, loading screen, play again.  I don't care about the endings anymore, just give us skippable cutscenes! 

Dishonored and Lego LOTR are both possible additions to my XMas list.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Saturn500

« Reply #1352 on: November 30, 2012, 05:40:47 pm »
My comment on the article unveiling the latest batch of games to be greenlit on Steam Greenlight:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/765/announcements/detail/1281535715093415350

Quote from: Me
So, a game where you drive a truck around got greenlit over several, much more worthy games like Flightless, and, of course, La-Mulana?

[puts on sunglasses]

You've gotta be trucking kidding me.

Hey, nobody else is posting in the Steam Greenlight thread.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1353 on: November 30, 2012, 11:57:01 pm »
No, it's got a pretty on-the-rails feel to it. You might want to try different strats against the bad guys but that's about it. Try out different endings (there are two, a paragon and a renegade ending).

But, after finishing it I'm kinda wondering why I bothered. But the reviews are mixed. Some love it, some are meh, others hate it cause OMG FEMALE TURIAN WITH BOOBS (even tho we don't know if they're actually boobs or not because she never takes her armor off. It could just be her carapace is elongated to give the impression).

The only thing you'd probably do is wait for it to be 50% off to pick off the achievements. But it's not entirely worth it even for that unless you're a strict completionist.

If you're really interested in Aria and why Cerberus took Omega, then you can read the comics. The DLC is just the finale which you can already guess what happens so it's nothing shock and awe.

In other news I forgot the information about Lego LotR having voices. But, I also understand why (differentiate between Elvish and Common). Still weird. Used to having a version of Simlish.

Thanks for the info; I think I'll wait.  I've been having a hard enough time replaying ME3, not because of the endings, but because I'm so sick of finishing a mission, only to see loading screen, cut scene, loading screen, cutscene, loading screen, dream sequence, loading screen, report to Hackett, loading screen, play again.  I don't care about the endings anymore, just give us skippable cutscenes! 

Dishonored and Lego LOTR are both possible additions to my XMas list.

Can't really say much about your issues with the cutscenes, mainly cause it's most definitely hyperbole.

Lego LOTR is pretty fun. I just finished book 1.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1354 on: December 01, 2012, 01:28:52 am »
Grr, I'm getting too good at Hotline Miami.  I finished an entire play-thru with the tiger mask in around...3-4 hours.  Its still fun, but I want more, damn it!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #1355 on: December 01, 2012, 06:30:30 am »
And so the sun sets on City of Heroes.

Betting on Guild Wars 1 being on NCsoft's chopping block next.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1356 on: December 01, 2012, 09:45:17 am »
Just started playing Resonance, and I have to say it starts on a very strong note. The way things are going, Wadjet Eye is quickly becoming one of my favourite developers. If you like point-and-click adventure, definitely check out some of their games. You will not regret it for one second.

I'll most certainly be grabbing Gemini Rue once I'm done with Resonance. Hell, I may even not wait for the Christmas sale.

Distind

« Reply #1357 on: December 01, 2012, 11:27:17 am »
Can't really say much about your issues with the cutscenes, mainly cause it's most definitely hyperbole.
I'll put up on this one, I refuse to play through the game again because if nearly lost my shit with the heavy handed (and dead fucking lousy)(and out of place) attempt at symbolism which involved running incredaibly slowly through inky forrest like thing with random light child in it. I got it the first time, OOH mystical bullshit, this is totally relevant and symbolic.

Toss in the loss of anything resembling an RPG and you have one of the games I'm leasy happy with in ages, and I pre-ordered sword of the stars 2, which wasn't even playable for a few months. Still happier with that purchase.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #1358 on: December 01, 2012, 11:45:09 am »
At least SOTS 2 comes with a free expansion.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1359 on: December 01, 2012, 05:43:47 pm »
NCSoft really screwed the pooch when it came to handling the shut down of City of Heroes.

2 seconds after shutting down the servers, they nuked the community.

Ironbite-people are not happy.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1360 on: December 01, 2012, 07:49:10 pm »
I started Assassin's Creed III yesterday.  Oh my god, you can pat dogs and feed acorns to pigs!  :D

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1361 on: December 01, 2012, 08:00:05 pm »
I started Assassin's Creed III yesterday.  Oh my god, you can pat dogs and feed acorns to pigs!  :D

Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1362 on: December 01, 2012, 08:02:54 pm »
That was pretty much my reaction.  "Wait, I'm supposed to kill people?  Fuck that, I'm gonna go pet dogs instead!"

Distind

« Reply #1363 on: December 01, 2012, 08:37:45 pm »
NCSoft really screwed the pooch when it came to handling the shut down of City of Heroes.

2 seconds after shutting down the servers, they nuked the community.

Ironbite-people are not happy.
I'm not surprised, NCSoft has been annoyed with it's continued existence since it failed in S. Korea. Ah well, adios boys, I killed countless hours with those characters who are now forever lost. At least I managed 1 level 50.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1364 on: December 01, 2012, 09:21:42 pm »
I'm getting Assassin's Creed 3 for Christmas along with a shiny new PS3. So.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!