Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514211 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3120 on: August 16, 2013, 03:08:27 pm »

THIS.  THIS RIGHT HERE IS WHY I FUCKING HATE GAMERS SO FUCKING MUCH.

MY FUCKING GOD, CAN'T HANDLE EVEN THE SLIGHEST AMOUNT OF DISAPPOINTMENT, CAN YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!?  YOU GOTTA GET ALL RILED UP AND PISSY TO THE POINT OF THREATENING TO KILL PEOPLE.

FUCK YOU.  YOU PEOPLE COMPLAIN ABOUT PROBLEMS IN THE GAME INDUSTRY.  YOU ARE THE PROBLEMS WITH THE GAME INDUSTRY.  PEOPLE LIKE YOU ARE WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS YOU FUCKING SPOILED BRATS!

</rage>

Sorry about that.  Just had to vent about this kind of bullshit.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3121 on: August 16, 2013, 03:17:11 pm »
Let's be clear here.  These were not death threats towards her.  Oh no.  These were towards her children.

Ironbite-I fucking hate entitled douchnuggets in this generation of gamers.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #3122 on: August 16, 2013, 03:41:17 pm »
One kid makes an obvious joke on League of Legends, gets dragged to jail for it. people make clear threats against her, and what happened? An article on Polygon said she left for family reasons and to work on a book, but surely BioWare can take legal measures against this, or was the amount of threats so vast that it wouldn't be viable? either way, there is a lot of psychotic adult-babies in fandom today.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #3123 on: August 16, 2013, 08:41:09 pm »
One kid makes an obvious joke on League of Legends, gets dragged to jail for it. people make clear threats against her, and what happened? An article on Polygon said she left for family reasons and to work on a book, but surely BioWare can take legal measures against this, or was the amount of threats so vast that it wouldn't be viable? either way, there is a lot of psychotic adult-babies in fandom today.
I'd imagine it's a combination of too many and the PR nightmare it would cause. You don't have fans arrested, no matter what.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3124 on: August 16, 2013, 11:52:13 pm »
I'd imagine it's a combination of too many and the PR nightmare it would cause. You don't have fans arrested, no matter what.
If said fans are threatening to kill children I think they should be arrested. And I don't think anything of value is lost if the people who support sending death threats to children no longer like your company.

I don't even know what they got angry over but I don't think anything could justify THREATENING THE CHILDREN OF THE WRITER!

EDIT: People have also gotten death threats when they changed the amount of damage some guns in Black ops 2 did...

What. The. Hell.

And "fans" have been tricking SWAT teams to invade the homes of game designers they don't like. I am actually starting to think that if all video games are outlawed and forcefully removed then the net gain for humanity would be positive. And I love videogames, but if there are people like this I am starting to think that maybe humanity as a whole is not ready them. Or firearms, or anything more advanced than a stick.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 12:00:48 am by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #3125 on: August 16, 2013, 11:57:49 pm »
If said fans are threatening to kill children I think they should be arrested. And I don't think anything of value is lost if the people who support sending death threats to children no longer like your company.

I don't even know what they got angry over but I don't think anything could justify THREATENING THE CHILDREN OF THE WRITER!
Never said it was okay, or that they're of value. However, people would immediately like "Oh, you can't take anything negative? So if we criticise you we'll be thrown in jail? Fine, no money for you". People are stupid.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #3126 on: August 17, 2013, 12:48:48 am »
This E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy games is one of the strangest things I have ever played. I have no idea what to think of it
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3127 on: August 17, 2013, 12:50:42 am »
Never said it was okay, or that they're of value. However, people would immediately like "Oh, you can't take anything negative? So if we criticise you we'll be thrown in jail? Fine, no money for you". People are stupid.

They're not THAT stupid. I don't care how much of a cynic you are, but it's going to be a minority who respond like that.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3128 on: August 17, 2013, 01:24:05 am »

They're not THAT stupid. I don't care how much of a cynic you are, but it's going to be a minority who respond like that.
There is a difference betweent criticism and death threats. If people don't understand this yet then it should be hammered into their heads.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3129 on: August 17, 2013, 01:46:34 am »
The Bioware fandom is one of the worst ones out there. I don't know what about the games they make causes bad people to come around.

I honestly wouldn't give a rat's ass if the Bioware forums went down and the employees stopped interacting with the fans.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3130 on: August 17, 2013, 04:19:25 am »
I finally got a character in ME 3 to Lvl 60 on a replay, and now I'm finally getting my weapons and upgrades to Lvl X.  I also beat the Arena Mirror Match after (I lost count of how many) tries. 

I did find a glitch on Pain Train where, if you use Pull too many times on opponents, at least one will get stuck somewhere, rendering the map unbeatable.  It happened twice and both times, I couldn't find the last opponent.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3131 on: August 17, 2013, 07:45:23 am »
(click to show/hide)

*dies of laughter*

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3132 on: August 17, 2013, 08:16:18 am »
Game all about screwing elf girls
Call it a hunch I don't think men are the on;y one's playing it.
Seriously

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3133 on: August 17, 2013, 08:54:01 am »
It's Kotaku. If anyone would run ads like that alongside such an article, it would be that bunch of inbreds.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3134 on: August 17, 2013, 03:45:05 pm »
Ahh Project Wonderful.  You truly are Wonderful.

And actually the game isn't about screwing wood elfs.  It's about.....some sort of management sim.  I don't know.

Ironbite-I don't play the damn thing.