Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1512619 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #4800 on: August 02, 2014, 01:13:10 pm »
Finally, some god damn perspective XD

(also, for those who are into lulz, there's a libertard in the comments section whining that Extra Credits isn't as libertarian as he is)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #4801 on: August 02, 2014, 01:55:01 pm »
Saw that.  Also was proud of the fact that everybody else took him to task for it.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #4802 on: August 02, 2014, 02:00:09 pm »
I feel like I have too many shotguns in GMOD.

Also, my steam handle is Chelonian Knight.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4803 on: August 02, 2014, 04:03:10 pm »
Thinking of starting a new Skyrim game as a Breton, getting my magic resistance as high as I can early on, getting his armor as high as I can early on, and continuing the game as a tank.  I'm just debating on whether to have him use a tw-handed warhammer (he'd be able to block, and he could pay a Companion to train him) or 2 maces (faster and pretty cool to smash opponent's skulls in, especially with Elemental Fury).
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #4804 on: August 02, 2014, 10:44:08 pm »
I found my copy of Fire Emblem: Awakening that I had lost! So happy.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4805 on: August 03, 2014, 06:39:37 am »
Picked up Gnomoria again and started a new fort. As it turns out, not ignoring military and healthcare related things is pretty vital to surviving past the first couple of seasons. Who knew?

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #4806 on: August 06, 2014, 11:00:49 pm »
Just got done playing inFamous 2 through the "evil" ending for the first time. It's interesting...unlike the first game, where it ends the same whether you have good or evil karma, this one has two entirely separate endgames depending on which path you choose.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #4807 on: August 06, 2014, 11:05:14 pm »
Just got done playing inFamous 2 through the "evil" ending for the first time. It's interesting...unlike the first game, where it ends the same whether you have good or evil karma, this one has two entirely separate endgames depending on which path you choose.

I confess, I actually like games that have a blue karma / red karma system.
Games that force you to leave things up to your imagination or have abstract consequences feel kinda lazy or esoteric.  I want my evil to actually mean something even if it's as simple as a red background and a visual change.  Of course, I like consequences, too. 
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4808 on: August 06, 2014, 11:12:33 pm »
I just 100% completed Spirit Tracks. Damn good game, and possibly the most underrated Zelda ever. Though I suppose that's to be expected, seeing as it's associated with Phantom Hourglass.

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #4809 on: August 07, 2014, 01:09:18 pm »
Got Last of Us Remastered when it came out. Really enjoying it.

The Internet backdraft over Bill is oh so funny. Oh no, a gay character that isn't a walking talking stereotype, WAHHHHHH!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #4810 on: August 07, 2014, 05:48:24 pm »

The Internet backdraft over Bill is oh so funny. Oh no, a gay character that isn't a walking talking stereotype, WAHHHHHH!

Wait, why is there a backdraft now? The game is a few years old. This is just a super HD remake.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #4811 on: August 07, 2014, 06:45:13 pm »

Wait, why is there a backdraft now? The game is a few years old. This is just a super HD remake.

Actually it's barely a year old.
Which is one of the reasons people bitched about a remastering.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #4812 on: August 08, 2014, 05:00:13 am »
Started a new game in Skyrim as a warrior with heavy armor, 2 maces, and pretty good magic resistance.  Thus far, he's lethal 1 on 1 or 1 on 2, but when he still has trouble when getting swarmed.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #4813 on: August 08, 2014, 08:42:03 am »

Actually it's barely a year old.
Which is one of the reasons people bitched about a remastering.
To be fair to Sony/Naughty Dog, it came out right as the generation transition happened. And there are idiots out there they automatically throw away (well trade in, but same difference) every game from the previous gen and the console. Despite that you know, they still work, and games are still coming out. And that it always takes a while for the next gen to actually get going.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4814 on: August 08, 2014, 09:55:12 am »
Started a new game in Skyrim as a warrior with heavy armor, 2 maces, and pretty good magic resistance.  Thus far, he's lethal 1 on 1 or 1 on 2, but when he still has trouble when getting swarmed.

I've found that heavy armour and traditional sword-and-board actually works fairly well when being swarmed.  You get plenty of protection, the ability to interrupt power attacks, and decent DPS.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.