Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1517193 times)

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5880 on: June 24, 2015, 09:17:14 pm »
Mortal Kombat being blamed for a shooting? Is it the 90's again?

I know, right?  You'd think they'd at least update to blaming GTA or CoD.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #5881 on: June 24, 2015, 10:46:05 pm »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #5882 on: June 24, 2015, 10:54:33 pm »

Let me guess, it happened in Florida.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Σא

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5885 on: June 25, 2015, 02:19:13 am »

Let me guess, it happened in Florida.

Australia, actually.
You mean Florida with huge spiders?
You mean Florida with 90% less guns but 254% more things trying to kill you? (Now that I think about it... You would think that Australians are the ones who carry guns everywhere they go rather than the Yankees...)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #5886 on: June 25, 2015, 02:34:49 am »
So I dived into the Crucible on Destiny tonight. That was a mistake. Fucking infuriating that it's the best way to get gear from what I've experienced. One night in the Crucible: 3 legendary guns and enough Crucible marks to buy a piece of armor. Weeks on Strikes and Missions: 1 legendary Engram and enough Vanguard marks to buy a piece of armor.

You know, Bungie, this might be less of a problem if it weren't for the fact that your matchmaking doesn't even try to put players of similar skill together and shotguns weren't completely broken in PvP.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #5887 on: June 25, 2015, 06:17:06 pm »
Here's a CNN talking head blaming the Charleston shooting on Mortal Kombat

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VY-tVWeG-g" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VY-tVWeG-g</a>

Remember that one edition of Mortal Kombat where the Lin Kuei were suddenly waving the Confederate flag and would only use their fatalities on black characters?  Those were some awkward times.  Great character balancing though.

She never actually blamed Mortal Kombat for the shooting, though. All she did was compare the shooting to Mortal Kombat, due to all the deaths involved. In fact, she made it pretty clear she thinks the Charleston shooter is a racist who represents Southern racism.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5888 on: June 26, 2015, 07:35:04 am »
Fallout 4's given the new and improved super-customizable Power Armor a fecking jetpack. This thing doesn't just enhance you anymore, it turns you into a fucking monster.

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #5889 on: June 26, 2015, 09:29:53 am »
Only downside to it is it looks like you can't use it whenever you want, which I'm fine with cause give it about a week and someone will mod it out.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #5890 on: June 26, 2015, 12:59:07 pm »
Wait.....A FUCKING JETPACK!?

Ironbite-*pre-orders*

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5891 on: June 26, 2015, 01:19:11 pm »
Ohhhhhhh, that makes it even more appealing...I don't mind a semi-realistic jetpack, because FUCKMOTHERING JETPACK!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5892 on: July 01, 2015, 10:50:26 pm »
I'm kind of annoyed how most of New Vegas' DLC was all basically made to pimp Lonesome Road, with the apparent (and minor) exception of Honest Hearts.  It'd be fine if Ulysses were an actually engaging character, and not another wannabe philosopher with a gun, but he is just.  So.  God damned.  DULL.  From his gravelly, monotone voice to his numerous, bullshit speeches, I damn near found myself falling asleep whenever he'd start talking.  Is it so hard to make a villain fucking emote?  But, I digress.  All the DLC, even the admittedly somewhat weak Honest Hearts (hooray, killing yet more Legion savages), wanted to make you encounter this guy, get to this "Divide," and look forward to Lonesome Road.  Only to screw you when you get there.  I'm just glad I didn't actually shell money out for it (got the Ultimate edition for around $20), else I'd feel gypped.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5893 on: July 01, 2015, 11:36:36 pm »
Aw, I liked Lonesome Road. Flinging Nukes at the Legion is highly satisfying, not to mention the Courier's Mile was a good challenge. I can certanly understand how Ulysses and his monologues would begin to wear thin after a while, though.

If anything Dead Money was the biggest disappointment to me. The villa was the most dull and tedious thing ever, followed by the Sierra Madre itself being the most underwhelming thing ever. Worst of all, I went into it expecting a New Vegas style pocket of civilisation, rather than yet another almost-abandoned ruin to fight through. All in all, not exactly the highlight of the game.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5894 on: July 02, 2015, 09:08:46 am »
Dead Money more annoyed me because of the exploding collar and "stealing all your crap at the start" gimmick.  I get that it makes sense for story reasons, but still.  It'd have been nice if the vault actually contained something of use besides a nearly-literal tonne of gold bricks.

I did like shooting a nuke into Legion territory, but for some reason, the game doesn't like this and gives me negative karma for it.  Like, oh no, someone bombed a bunch of savages too stupid to use more than one firearm per platoon.  I honestly don't understand how the Legion is a threat to the NCR.  The latter has shown that it has vertibirds.  They have fucking flight, even if its not much of it.  All you need is, like, three of them with a couple of hellfires and some ammo for the nose-mounted cannons they likely have, and no amount of spear-chucking Legion savages would be able to stand against them.  Seriously, the Legion is basically a group of psychotic LARP enthusiasts with knives.