Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1512254 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6000 on: September 03, 2015, 09:26:29 pm »
Seems like something actually good for the customer, mang.

That aside, who do you think Talon Company's "employer" is? I can't really think of anybody of the major powers who'd want to wantonly kill anybody bringing law and order to the Capital Wasteland among the major powers, but perhaps the Enclave wants to prevent any organized resistance by sowing anarchy before they bring down the hammer with the modified FEV?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 09:28:04 pm by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6001 on: September 03, 2015, 09:41:40 pm »

That aside, who do you think Talon Company's "employer" is? I can't really think of anybody of the major powers who'd want to wantonly kill anybody bringing law and order to the Capital Wasteland among the major powers, but perhaps the Enclave wants to prevent any organized resistance by sowing anarchy before they bring down the hammer with the modified FEV?
I'm pretty sure it's Tenpenny. We know for a fact he's the one sending Mercs after you if your karma is too high, so he's likely responsible for the rest of their shenanigans. Why he'd do it to begin with? Probably the same reason you gave for the Enclave hiring them. He does say that Tenpenny Tower is "just the beginning", so he likely intends to conquer and "civilise" the rest of the wasteland, or at the very least a sizeable chunk of it. Or perhaps he wants to keep the rest of it in anarchy so that his tower is the one and only bastion of pre-war luxury. Rich people in the wastes are extremely few and far between, so competition is something he likely can't afford.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #6002 on: September 03, 2015, 10:07:22 pm »
The cassette tape music in Phantom Pain is a great addition.  There's no better feeling of plowing a car you stole through a enemy base and start firing away as Rebel Yell or Rise of the Valkyries plays in the background.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6003 on: September 04, 2015, 12:51:50 am »

I'm pretty sure it's Tenpenny. We know for a fact he's the one sending Mercs after you if your karma is too high, so he's likely responsible for the rest of their shenanigans. Why he'd do it to begin with? Probably the same reason you gave for the Enclave hiring them. He does say that Tenpenny Tower is "just the beginning", so he likely intends to conquer and "civilise" the rest of the wasteland, or at the very least a sizeable chunk of it. Or perhaps he wants to keep the rest of it in anarchy so that his tower is the one and only bastion of pre-war luxury. Rich people in the wastes are extremely few and far between, so competition is something he likely can't afford.

I don't think it is Tenpenny. This guy: http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Daniel_Littlehorn and his company pay you to kill good people for reasons that are left unclear so he is a prime suspect in my opinion.

Tenpenny (or more likely Burke) will hire a team of Talon mercenaries to track down and kill the player as revenge for foiling the plan at Megaton but I doubt he is doing a genocide in the wastes. After all, Tenpenny thinks that the Megaton is empty when it is blown up since Burke lies to him for some reason (maybe he was supposed to pay the people to move out and decided to save some money and trouble by not bothering to warn them?)

Which reminds me that the ghoul who takes over the tower lets you and Burke blow up Megaton while knowing that there are a lot of people there... But killing him is an "evil" act...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline IanC

• Pope
« Reply #6004 on: September 04, 2015, 04:22:16 am »
The cassette tape music in Phantom Pain is a great addition.  There's no better feeling of plowing a car you stole through a enemy base and start firing away as Rebel Yell or Rise of the Valkyries plays in the background.

I heard Kids in America playing on a tape player and was "I'm grabbing that". But it alerted the guards, they come over to check why the tape player had turned off!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6006 on: September 05, 2015, 09:29:09 pm »
So good to see that Activision's still owned and operated by complete, utter bastards.  Helps me keep score.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #6007 on: September 05, 2015, 09:32:47 pm »
So. Anyone else here play Kingdom of Loathing?
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6008 on: September 06, 2015, 11:08:18 am »
I fucked up big-time, y'all.

After years of people telling me I should play The Binding of Isaac, I noticed online that there were copies of Rebirth available for quite a few platforms.  I figured I'd get the PS3 version.  (I may have misread "PS4.")

I buy a $20 PSN card (there's no way I'm ever giving them any account information), do a search, and download the first thing that comes up.

Somehow it didn't occur to me that you could download Vita-only software using the PS3 version of the PSStore.

Yeah, I now have a copy of a $15 game that I can't even play.  Sony's not going to issue me a refund for this, are they?
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6009 on: September 06, 2015, 05:39:15 pm »
Nope.  They're pretty much laughing at you.

Ironbite-if they even noticed.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #6010 on: September 06, 2015, 10:16:43 pm »
Oh well.  At least I had enough left in my "wallet" to get Katamari Damacy.  Hard to stay mad when you're rolling things up into a ball...until the FUCKING CAT RUNS INTO YOU AGAIN! 
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6011 on: September 08, 2015, 03:39:48 pm »
DRAGONS DOGMA COMING TO PC ON JANUARY

ARE YOU BITCHES READY

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6012 on: September 08, 2015, 05:26:11 pm »
JESUS FUCKING CHRIST!

Ironbite-another Gundam Build Fighters fan?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #6013 on: September 08, 2015, 09:03:47 pm »
Had no idea what show that was from, I'm gonna assume that was the answer :P

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6014 on: September 09, 2015, 03:10:26 pm »
My favorite kind of people are those who play and enjoy Touken Ranbu while insisting Kantai Collection is utter shit. I find them most often on Tumblr for some reason.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.