Author Topic: Stories from Life  (Read 8791 times)

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
Re: Stories from Life
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2012, 01:26:46 pm »
I think I've mentioned this before, but I'm a porter at my current job. Basically, I'm a glorified janitor-for-hire when apartment complexes need extra staff for a few days. For the past few weeks, I've been working at this complex to be (still under construction, not even habitable until March), helping with some really poorly planned and timed promotions. From the sound and looks of things, this place was in such dire need of assistance the first weekend (And since), that pretty much everyone my company could spare was sent over to help; they even hired a few people on the spot to fill the needed positions.
Our job has been to assemble promotional lanyard/key chains and hand them out to students at a nearby university, as the students are the primary target of this apartment complex. The people I've worked with, who range from leasing/housing career veterans, to the aforementioned hired out of necessity, a few students looking for a start in the, leasing/staffing business, and others like me, who want a flexible schedule more than anything (Though I seem to be the only porter on site). The vets have assured me that this is the only time in their careers, and likely mine, that a job like this will come along. Personally, I'm cool with it; the first day of the job was raining hard, and my first thought upon waking was "God damn it, looks like I'm sweeping in this all day", so I'll gladly take the change of pace.
I gotta say, while I'm still anti-social enough to have trouble handing said lanyards out on street corners (which isn't helped by knowing how annoyed I'd be if someone put something in my face while I'm walking to class), I've loved getting to meet all these coworkers I didn't know I had. One of them, a wonderful older woman who's made a career out of this business, has even hooked me up with another company to work for so I'll have less down time. I've also met a guy who uses this job to fund his own music career (hip hop, electronic stuff), a mobile app/case designer, and some wonderful women my age, who just want a job that works around school. I've managed to make some useful business contacts, as well as what I'm hoping will be a... friendlier, let's say, relationship with one of the aforementioned young women (theater major, not into bars/drinking, redhead... oh yeah ;)). For an unorthodox assignment, this is really working in my favor.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #46 on: January 02, 2013, 12:01:14 am »
Didn't happen to me, but a friend of mine.

He was bored and decided to have some cheap entertainment. He took his fishing rod out onto his front porch, sat in a chair and started casting the line out into the street, reeling it back in and casting out again. This guy walked by on the way to the store and when he came back, my friend was still at it. He was curious, so I went into my friend's yard, up to the porch and asked:

"What are you doing?"
"I'm people-ing."
"You're what?"
"People-ing."
"What's that?"
"Fishing for people."
"That's stupid!"
"Caught you, didn't I?"
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2013, 08:28:07 pm »
Silly thing happened yesterday. I was filling out a hospital form and this researcher came up to me and asked me to do a question sheet on my doctor. Basic "are you happy with your doctor" crap. And then I came on the second last question

"Do you speak any language other than English at home"

I know that it really meant does your family speak anything other than English, but for some reason I put down russian anyway, since I pepper what I say with russian phrases
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #48 on: January 05, 2013, 03:39:12 pm »
I am living in a plague house. My wife has bronchitis. My father-in-law has been in the hospital since Thursday with pneumonia. My mother-in-law has something past "a cold," but not the flu. I, somehow, have managed to avoid getting sick.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #49 on: January 05, 2013, 05:05:54 pm »
Keep up your Zinc and vitamin C.  Other than that... cross your fingers you don't get infected by whatever the heck creeping crud is roaming around.