Author Topic: Frozen  (Read 1071 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Frozen
« on: November 28, 2013, 12:48:07 am »
I just saw this movie, and I must say it was amazing. The story even though it deviated from the original source (a lot) was well written and is great in it's own right. The visual effects were stunning, and while I'd like to see Disney make a 2D film, I can't really see that for Frozen.

I didn't have high hopes for Olaf (the Snowman) but he ended up being funny at the right times and likable (although he mentioned his butt one too many times).

There are some things that I wish were in the film, like how Elsa got her ice powers and who exactly were the stone trolls. Plus, there's one major plot point I would have rather seen changed.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 12:58:43 am by Cataclysm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: Frozen
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2013, 01:05:35 am »
I still refuse to see this movie because the Walt Disney Animation Studios fucked up the source material and recycled Rapunzel's model for two of the few female characters in the film (where the source material - The Snow Queen - had a large female cast). And this is also because the animators said that giving the two expressions is "too hard." And since Wreck-it Ralph had Sargent Calhourn, a very expressive woman and those same men probably animated her and built her rig (a 3D animation term), I call bullshit on them.

It makes me so upset that a company would do shit like this to a project that had been in development hell, and this is what we've been given.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2013, 01:07:52 am by Alehksunos »

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
Re: Frozen
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:25:11 am »
I have a lady boner for Idina Menzel, who does the voice of Elsa, so I'm going to be seeing it when I get the chance.