Author Topic: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370  (Read 6839 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Malaysia Airlines Flight 370
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2014, 11:45:20 pm »
At this point, there's really nothing to be gained from speculation. Just have to wait for them to find where exactly the plane went down, dredge up the black box and then hopefully that'll shed some light on the situation. Assuming that oil slick is from the plane, well, that should narrow down the general area it's in quite nicely.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2014, 01:48:31 am »
The oil slick was composed of fuel used for ships, so that's out, but Chinese satellites have spotted debris that could potentially be from the missing aircraft: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/world/what-happened-to-malaysia-airlines-flight-mh370/article17449451/
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2014, 07:03:04 am »
They recently noted that they looked in that location, and they found nothing.

http://news.yahoo.com/malaysia-no-debris-spot-shown-china-images-045340150.html
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2014, 03:04:33 pm »
I wonder if there's some nefarious stuff going on waaaaay behind the scenes? Contradicting reports, phantom plane parts, confusion, a slick that means nothing. It's like someone doesn't WANT it to be found.

Even if pieces were quickly taken by the ocean currents all over the Pacific and/or Indian Oceans, something would at least been found by now.

If it was a terrorist attack, a group would've claimed responsibility by now.

The place was very new, super-safe, top-of-the line and very high-tech. It had a stellar safety record. It's couldn't have just fallen apart. No terrorists claimed any bombing. No pieces anywhere. The plane could be whole.

I have a theory of what possibly MIGHT have happened.

The plane's almost perfectly whole and at the bottom of the ocean a bit off course from when the plane was last scene.
The pilots had a history of letting passengers in the cockpit (much to the chagrin of authorities & regulations).
The two guys with the passports were probably lone-wolf nutsos like the Tsarnev brothers. The two guys waited until the pilots did the "open cockpit" thing, they quickly ran in, shut & locked the door, slashed the pilot's throats, turned off the stuff that made the plane detectable then flew out to open, deeper water & dove in! The end.

It was fast, no one could stop it. This is why no "Maydays" or pilot's sending any distress signals....they were already dead!

Hey, no one ever thought that a bunch of guys would hijack four planes with nothing but box cutters and destroy a major NYC Landmark, put a huge hole in The Pentagon & kill 3000 or so people! But it happened.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2014, 03:45:12 pm »
I wonder if there's some nefarious stuff going on waaaaay behind the scenes? Contradicting reports, phantom plane parts, confusion, a slick that means nothing. It's like someone doesn't WANT it to be found.

Even if pieces were quickly taken by the ocean currents all over the Pacific and/or Indian Oceans, something would at least been found by now.

The place was very new, super-safe, top-of-the line and very high-tech. It had a stellar safety record. It's couldn't have just fallen apart. No terrorists claimed any bombing. No pieces anywhere. The plane could be whole.

The plane's almost perfectly whole and at the bottom of the ocean a bit off course from when the plane was last scene.
The pilots had a history of letting passengers in the cockpit (much to the chagrin of authorities & regulations).
The two guys with the passports were probably lone-wolf nutsos like the Tsarnev brothers. The two guys waited until the pilots did the "open cockpit" thing, they quickly ran in, shut & locked the door, slashed the pilot's throats, turned off the stuff that made the plane detectable then flew out to open, deeper water & dove in! The end.

It was fast, no one could stop it. This is why no "Maydays" or pilot's sending any distress signals....they were already dead!

Hey, no one ever thought that a bunch of guys would hijack four planes with nothing but box cutters and destroy a major NYC Landmark, put a huge hole in The Pentagon & kill 3000 or so people! But it happened.
If they are terrorists then they most likely left something saying what there "thing" is.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2014, 04:01:16 pm »
Planes that crash into the ocean leave floating debris.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2014, 04:25:42 pm »

If you mean the Iranian guy, I've heard he was seeking asylum in Germany and his flight had to go through Beijing. And I don't think Iranians have any bad relationship with China.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2014, 06:10:30 pm »
They're saying that it is extremely unlikely that either of the two people with stolen passports had any connection to terrorism.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2014, 08:07:45 pm »

None of that is particularly surprising in a situation where multiple agencies in several different nations are trying to sort out what happened, especially when there's no lead agency to keep everything organized. It's a guaranteed clusterfuck.

It's a big ocean. If the plane went off course, as suspected, we're left with a very large search area to cover.

The plane could be whole. [...]

Very unlikely. A plane dropping from a cruising altitude of 30,000 or so feet would hit the water with more than enough force to rip it apart. At the very least, I'd expect it to snap in half on impact.

There are allegations that the co-pilot was once involved in an incident where two women were allowed inside the cockpit, but this was (as far as anyone knows) an isolated event. It's not like he's famous for opening the doors and throwing a cockpit party on every flight.

The two guys waited until the pilots did the "open cockpit" thing, they quickly ran in, shut & locked the door, slashed the pilot's throats

As others have pointed out, there's no reason to suspect that either of them were involved in this, nor does it make much sense for them to hijack a plane just to sneakily crash it in the middle of the ocean. I also find it hard to believe that these two would have any knowledge of the pilot's identities, much less the rumours and allegations spread about them.

Not to mention that's it's rather irresponsible to make such serious accusations against people who could, for all you know, be innocent victims of a horrible tragedy, with nothing but wild speculation to back it up. These are real human beings we're talking about here, not characters in a suspense film.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2014, 09:30:48 pm »
They're saying that it is extremely unlikely that either of the two people with stolen passports had any connection to terrorism.

Yeah, I guess I was being a bit of a jerk. I don't want to pull a "NY Post-Bag Men" thing. Forgive me.

It's just so baffling. Nice strong, safe, state of the art plane, no terrorists, no pieces, no nothing! THIS IS MEGA FRIGGIN' WEIRDOSVILLE!

I also feel like dirt accusing two innocent victims of a horrible air mishap of some godawful nastiness.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:33:35 pm by SpukiKitty »

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »
As strange as it is, there has to be some logical sense behind what happened. My guess is that there might have been a mechanical thing that could have happened fast enough that the pilots couldn't respond with a mayday signal. As for the debris, I'm sure it's floating around somewhere in that big body of water known as the Pacific Ocean and we just haven't found it yet.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2014, 10:39:44 pm »
Another theory is one of the pilots just decided to kill a bunch of people.
Yeah, I know it makes know sense but nothing about this does.

Offline SkyTrekTower

• Bishop
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2014, 11:02:27 pm »
^It's happened before, and as of now, that is what I'm leaning towards.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2014, 11:26:46 pm »

Yeah, I guess I was being a bit of a jerk. I don't want to pull a "NY Post-Bag Men" thing. Forgive me.

It's just so baffling. Nice strong, safe, state of the art plane, no terrorists, no pieces, no nothing! THIS IS MEGA FRIGGIN' WEIRDOSVILLE!

I also feel like dirt accusing two innocent victims of a horrible air mishap of some godawful nastiness.

There are millions of commercial flights each year, and even things that are extremely statistically unlikely have to happen at some point.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2014, 07:06:34 pm »
Now, some more crazy stuff.....MIGHT involve foul play. There's been a whole bunch of new theories & reports. Unsure, however they're searching the Indian Ocean, now.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/14/malaysia-airlines-missing-plane-radar-data-andaman-islands_n_4962171.html