Author Topic: Chris Christie vetoes New Jersey same-sex marriage  (Read 3697 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Chris Christie vetoes New Jersey same-sex marriage
« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2012, 11:17:26 pm »
Bobby Lashley decided he could be a MMA fighter and Zach Gowan is still wrestling as far as I know.

Ironbite-god only knows where though.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2012, 11:19:00 pm »

He does realize that the Senate is elected by the general public, right? "The voters" did decide to pass s/s marriage by voting for representatives that supported it. That's kind of how a representative democracy works, dumbass. He is the one going against the "will of the people" because they don't agree with him.

Be careful, that same argument could be used against that Democratic governor or president if they veto something a Republican legislature passes.

But Democrats do not veto Republican policy because it's allegedly undemocratic- they do it because it's obviously stupid.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline banjaxed

• Neonate
  • The lurking luker
« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 11:46:41 pm »
Christie is an ass for wanting to put the issue to a referendum. I agree with nicknack said he's waiting until 2016 so he can run for president, and hopes to stay in the good graces of the republican party.

I like what Corey Booker said about 

http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/chris-christie-vetoes-marriage-equali
Geologists are the masters of subduction