Author Topic: Rule talk  (Read 68940 times)

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Rule talk
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2019, 11:18:58 pm »
Do you think I'm made of stone? Do you think this doesn't hurt me? Or do you think I'll just stay here forever hoping that something will change? Because I won't. I'm not that stubborn or crazy. And I'm sick of the mockery, of the hostility, of the passive-aggressiveness, of the blatant trolling and baiting, of all the bad behavior you ignore. There's only so much I can take.

And yet, you’re still here and I don’t anticipate your exit anytime soon... or ever. Please, stop your whining
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2019, 11:29:51 pm »
Do you think I'm made of stone? Do you think this doesn't hurt me? Or do you think I'll just stay here forever hoping that something will change? Because I won't. I'm not that stubborn or crazy. And I'm sick of the mockery, of the hostility, of the passive-aggressiveness, of the blatant trolling and baiting, of all the bad behavior you ignore. There's only so much I can take.

And yet, you’re still here and I don’t anticipate your exit anytime soon... or ever. Please, stop your whining

Well, if things don't change soon, you won't have to hear my "whining" for long.
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2019, 11:31:18 pm »

Well, if things don't change soon, you won't have to hear my "whining" for long.

I’m calling your bluff. And don’t get me wrong, you are absolutely free to stay: I know that you will.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2019, 11:56:36 pm »
8 year olds dude.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2019, 12:42:27 am »
I'd like to open this thread with a couple direct questions to the mods. What are the standards when it comes to enforcing the rules? Why are the standards the way they are?

The rules exist to facilitate the existence of a community. The standards in enforcement derive from that goal.

Well, ain't I part of the community? Or am I just the forum outlaw?

Are you? Not my place to decide, beyond banning you or not. Which I observably haven't done.

I take it that means you're not going to intervene on my behalf, despite so many other users being dicks to me. Well, if you're not gonna punish people who break the rules, then they're not gonna be followed. This board is basically a high school that just lets bullying happen, with the difference that nobody's required to attend. No wonder it's basically a ghost town.

You say you want to facilitate the existence of a community. Well, if a community has problem members who can pick on others without any fear of consequences, how many people are gonna wanna be part of it? Especially a community that's entirely voluntary. There's nothing tying anybody down here. Nobody has to worry about the financial consequences of leaving. No one has any legal obligation to be here. So what do people do when they get attacked while the authorities just look the other way?

They leave. And I'm seriously considering doing just that. Because from my experience, there are two types of users on this board: people who've been attacking me in clear violation of the rules, and people who've just been standing around and letting them attack me. Some community.

You know, I've seen lots of board members talk shit about Kiwi Farms, but at least they're honest and upfront about what they are. This board, on the other hand, is pretty much /b/, except it pretends to have rules. Way I see it, there are two solutions to this hypocrisy: either you can enforce the rules evenly and consistently so even the biggest assholes on this board will have to respect them, or you can drop all pretenses of having rules so people aren't under any illusions that they'll be helped by the moderators.

Yeah, as you can probably tell, I'm really not happy. Maybe I'm being uncharitable to you, but I think someone had to say it. Might as well be me.

Gimme your lunch money, nerd.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2019, 01:25:28 am »
8 year olds dude.

Direct question #1: Are you going to say anything of substance?

Direct question #2: Didn't you go off on me for saying Brianna Wu was lying about her past (a claim I never actually made, btw)? Isn't it hypocritical for you to say I'm lying about who I am?

Direct question #3: Why should I try to placate you if you've made it clear that you're not going to do the barest minimum for me in return?
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline fluffyDbringer

• Neonate
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2019, 01:32:42 am »
I take it that means you're not going to intervene on my behalf, despite so many other users being dicks to me. Well, if you're not gonna punish people who break the rules, then they're not gonna be followed. This board is basically a high school that just lets bullying happen, with the difference that nobody's required to attend. No wonder it's basically a ghost town.

You say you want to facilitate the existence of a community. Well, if a community has problem members who can pick on others without any fear of consequences, how many people are gonna wanna be part of it? Especially a community that's entirely voluntary. There's nothing tying anybody down here. Nobody has to worry about the financial consequences of leaving. No one has any legal obligation to be here. So what do people do when they get attacked while the authorities just look the other way?

They leave. And I'm seriously considering doing just that. Because from my experience, there are two types of users on this board: people who've been attacking me in clear violation of the rules, and people who've just been standing around and letting them attack me. Some community.

You know, I've seen lots of board members talk shit about Kiwi Farms, but at least they're honest and upfront about what they are. This board, on the other hand, is pretty much /b/, except it pretends to have rules. Way I see it, there are two solutions to this hypocrisy: either you can enforce the rules evenly and consistently so even the biggest assholes on this board will have to respect them, or you can drop all pretenses of having rules so people aren't under any illusions that they'll be helped by the moderators.

Yeah, as you can probably tell, I'm really not happy. Maybe I'm being uncharitable to you, but I think someone had to say it. Might as well be me.

yeah it's such a ghost town that you keep posting in it. I'm flattered that you want my D but I'm not into obsessed center-rightists who keep making alts so they can post in apparent ghost town forums

you did this whole passive aggressive "fine I guess everyone here hates me so I'll just LEAVE! how do you like that?!?!?!" schtick already, m'dude. it never worked.

the brass has all but admitted you're Paragon. my educated guess is they keep you around because we like beating the piñata. and it'll never stop being funny because you're incapable of being respectable but you try so hard. for once, be intellectually honest and just admit you never got over being banned. then you'd get at least some of the respect you crave.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 01:38:19 am by fluffyDbringer »
"However, intelligent people can see the same issues, evidence, and inferences, and reach different conclusions. That is the human experience."
- The Queen

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2019, 01:34:27 am »
Given that you have such a thing about 'good faith/ bad faith' discourse, I would have thought it would be helpful and constructive, if you did disclose the reason you want to keep posting here.

In particular as you have put this in the suggestion box because you want a dialogue rather than in 'Flame and Burn' to roast Sigma and Askold.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2019, 01:35:23 am »
I'd like to open this thread with a couple direct questions to the mods. What are the standards when it comes to enforcing the rules? Why are the standards the way they are?

The rules exist to facilitate the existence of a community. The standards in enforcement derive from that goal.

Well, ain't I part of the community? Or am I just the forum outlaw?

Are you? Not my place to decide, beyond banning you or not. Which I observably haven't done.

Truly you are a river to your people.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2019, 01:54:48 am »
8 year olds dude.

Direct question #1: Are you going to say anything of substance?

I have done so many times already.  Sometimes I make short snark posts too.

Direct question #2: Didn't you go off on me for saying Brianna Wu was lying about her past (a claim I never actually made, btw)? Isn't it hypocritical for you to say I'm lying about who I am?

No because I wasn't going off on you for saying that Wu was lying about her past, but for treating transphobic shit-for-brains as a source and the transphobic nature of the conspiracy theory.  What I said in the first place was that even if what kiwifarms said about Wu was true, the fact that they were going "She's TRANS!!!11!!!!!!1111!" as a smear discredits them and you for using them as a source.

Direct question #3: Why should I try to placate you if you've made it clear that you're not going to do the barest minimum for me in return?

I have not asked you to placate me.  You say dumb things and I either explain why what you said was dumb or make fun of you, depending on my mood.  I would do neither if you stop saying dumb things

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2019, 03:35:29 pm »

Leave.  Just do it and don't come back.  Seriously.  Leave.

Ironbite-nobody will care.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2019, 06:08:41 pm »

And yet you are here.

You say you want to facilitate the existence of a community. Well, if a community has problem members who can pick on others without any fear of consequences, how many people are gonna wanna be part of it? Especially a community that's entirely voluntary. There's nothing tying anybody down here. Nobody has to worry about the financial consequences of leaving. No one has any legal obligation to be here.

And yet you are here.

So what do people do when they get attacked while the authorities just look the other way?

They leave. And I'm seriously considering doing just that.

And yet...

No, I don't think you are made of stone. I think you clearly get something out of being here, because here you are. Maybe you'd get more out of it if you weren't clearly disliked by many other users, I don't know. But there's no rules I could enforce that would make people like you.

Maybe this place is awful. Maybe that's my fault. But you keep threatening to leave over it and then not leaving, so... what inference am I supposed to draw from that?
Σא

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2019, 06:07:23 pm »
My bet is that this is one of those, wait a period of time until everyone has moved on and then continue posting like nothing has happened kind of deals.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #43 on: June 24, 2019, 07:01:42 pm »
My bet is that this is one of those, wait a period of time until everyone has moved on and then continue posting like nothing has happened kind of deals.

That isn’t a bet as much as it’s a given

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #44 on: June 24, 2019, 07:23:49 pm »
I was hoping to get some odds.