Author Topic: Democratic Primaries Thread  (Read 31138 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Democratic Primaries Thread
« Reply #195 on: April 14, 2020, 06:51:10 pm »
Gretchen Whitmer would be the best choice. She's Governor, so she already has executive experience. She's Governor of Michigan which will be a highly contested state this coming election, so having someone from a rust belt state would be beneficial to that area, and right now her popularity is up due to the pandemic.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #196 on: April 14, 2020, 07:33:23 pm »
I've heard speculation that the plan is for Biden to pick Hillary as his running mate, then resign shortly after he wins the election. We should take this prediction with a massive grain of salt.

Speaking of, who would you like to see as Biden's running mate?

Whoever you heard that from is pants on head, huffing paint fumes insane.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #197 on: April 14, 2020, 08:14:03 pm »
I've heard speculation that the plan is for Biden to pick Hillary as his running mate, then resign shortly after he wins the election. We should take this prediction with a massive grain of salt.

Speaking of, who would you like to see as Biden's running mate?

Whoever you heard that from is pants on head, huffing paint fumes insane.

I think we've finally found something on which we agree here, niam.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #198 on: April 15, 2020, 10:24:18 am »
Stacy Abrams is my pick.

Ironbite-I'd leave the ladies of the Senate alone personally.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #199 on: April 15, 2020, 11:40:12 am »
So, in the last few days, Barack Obama, Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren have all endorsed Joe Biden as President.  So it appears the Dem Party is uniting behind him...

Unfortunately, THAT portion of Bernie fans (you know the ones) have apparently decided that this is a bridge too far; they're now calling Bernie a traitor and Warren a snake (still), and they're uniting behind, of all people, Briahna Joy Gray, who's mad because Bernie canned her...

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2020, 12:51:41 pm »
Ahh yes.  Let's unite around the pedophile.

Ironbite-GOOD TAKE DIRTBAG LEFT!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2020, 01:34:56 pm »
Ahh yes.  Let's unite around the pedophile.

Ironbite-GOOD TAKE DIRTBAG LEFT!

Briahna Joy Gray is a pedophile? Source?

Or did you mean someone else?
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2020, 02:58:51 pm »
Apparently one of the reasons she was let go by Bernie was she supported a pedo.  Or is a pedo.  I never got a straight answer.  Regardless, she's not exactly Sander's favorite person as he refereed to her as his FORMER press secretary.

Ironbite-with a massive emphasis on Former

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2020, 03:46:37 pm »
Apparently one of the reasons she was let go by Bernie was she supported a pedo.  Or is a pedo.  I never got a straight answer.  Regardless, she's not exactly Sander's favorite person as he refereed to her as his FORMER press secretary.

Ironbite-with a massive emphasis on Former

I can't find a source on that anywhere. I can see other reasons why Sanders would let her go, but on that one specifically I can't find anything.

EDIT: I suspect it's far more the case that since Sanders wants to throw the weight of his organization behind Biden's bid for the presidency; Joy Gray refuses to support Biden; hence Joy Gray is now a hindrance to Sanders' aims.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2020, 03:57:25 pm by dpareja »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2020, 04:16:54 pm »
Believe it or not, we’re the majority of the country which is why both the Republicans and the Democrats do ‘their best’ to court our votes...

Found this little tidbit by a Bernie supporter on Tumblr. "Believe it or not we're the majority of the country". And I'm sure if they had to explain why Bernie's lost twice now, they'll come up with a laundry list of excuses why they don't vote.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2020, 04:21:43 pm »
I mean, when your primary credential for being part of a campaign is that you start fights with anyone who doesn't tow the line on Twitter, you're a hindrance in the first place. Words cannot fairly describe just how awful of a hire Joy Gray was.
Who needs a signature?

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #206 on: April 27, 2020, 11:29:28 am »
https://twitter.com/ShahidForChange/status/1254291022235881472

Can I just facepalm?  This is NOT helping, and it's coming from a Dem candidate for Congress, which makes it worse...

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #207 on: April 27, 2020, 12:03:33 pm »
Ah, fuck, that guy. The guy who's trying to primary Pelosi by appealing to the Bernie or Busters who think she's just as right wing as the Republicans. I can't say I'm surprised that he's jumping on the #DropOutBiden train.

Also, after four years of people saying "hey, maybe we shouldn't armchair diagnose Trump with mental illness," where the hell are those people pointing out how many people have been armchair diagnosing Biden?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 09:47:39 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2020, 01:03:59 pm »
Ah, fuck, that guy. The guy who's trying to primary Pelosi by appealing to the Bernie or Busters who think she's just as right wing as the Republicans. I can't say I'm surprised that he's jumping on the #DropOutBiden train.

Also, after four years of people saying "hey, maybe we shouldn't armchair diagnose Trump with mental illness," where the hell are those people pointing out  how many people have been armchair diagnosing Biden?

And I see support from the usual suspects; Briahna Joy Gray, David Sirota, Shaun King, Peter Daou and of course, fucking Susan Sarandon.  Haven't you done enough damage yet, Susan?  Still think if Hilary was President things would be much worse?

And I'm sorry, but at this point I see that the source is the Intercept and react the same way as I do when I see the source is Fox News or Breitbart...
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 01:05:37 pm by DarkPhoenix »

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2020, 03:14:32 pm »
Dems just cancelled the New York Primary.

Ironbite-time for the Bernie Bros Outrage Machine to start up but is anyone really paying attention to the Democrat Primary?