Author Topic: Holy Shit - What the Fuck is happening in Israel!  (Read 2854 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Holy Shit - What the Fuck is happening in Israel!
« on: May 18, 2021, 03:12:40 am »
From bombing News Buildings, killing Palestinian kids, resuming land and smashing Palestinian owned businesses, it is so sad to see the irony of history repeating itself and the cycle of violence as people descended from victims of the holocaust now engage in their own bit of ethnic cleansing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Holy Shit - What the Fuck is happening in Israel!
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2021, 03:25:24 am »
It's 2014 all over again, and just wait for anyone who points out how fucked up it is (don't forget, Palestinians are also being forcibly and illegally evicted from their homes in, say, East Jerusalem--when a Palestinian went on TV and called it out he was arrested the next day by the IDF) to be smeared as an anti-Semite, because being against the actions of the state of Israel in this case must mean you hate all Jews everywhere, including the ones who are against the actions of the state of Israel in this case. (They, of course, are self-hating Jews.)
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2021, 03:32:00 am »
The difficulty is so many anti-semites get involved it provides a convenient smear.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2021, 07:20:46 am »
It's 2014 all over again, and just wait for anyone who points out how fucked up it is (don't forget, Palestinians are also being forcibly and illegally evicted from their homes in, say, East Jerusalem--when a Palestinian went on TV and called it out he was arrested the next day by the IDF) to be smeared as an anti-Semite, because being against the actions of the state of Israel in this case must mean you hate all Jews everywhere, including the ones who are against the actions of the state of Israel in this case. (They, of course, are self-hating Jews.)

That kinda bullshit is why I stay way, way the fuck away from sayin' any kind of real shit about any country that isn't my own anywhere but here.  Say that Xi Jinping wants to be Mao 2.0?  Clearly, I hate Chinese people, or maybe even Asians, in general.  I point out how insanely toxic Japanese work culture is and how its basically going to end up with their demographic annihilation if left unchecked?  I may as well say we should've lobbed a few more nukes their way.  Say that Netanyahu and the Israeli government should be brought up on charges of crimes against humanity for the brutal campaign of ethnic cleansing they've undertaken in Palestine?  Whelp, guess I'm the second coming of ol' Uncle Adolf, because I just said we should gas all Jews.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2021, 09:31:23 am »
I've been saying this to people in private so now I'm gonna make it public. 

You could have an International Dog and Cat Shelter in the Gaza Strip get bombed by the IDF and the IDF would justify it saying Hamas was in the basement doing werepeople studies in order to make super soldiers to attak Israel and everyone would just nod their heads and agree with them on that.

Ironbite-I hate people.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2021, 02:30:41 pm »
Its like when a kid get bullied all through school and ends up getting roided out and becoming a douchebag.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2021, 12:11:09 am »
The difficulty is so many anti-semites get involved it provides a convenient smear.

And that's the main difficulty: separating the people who are honestly critical of the actions of the state of Israel from those who actually do hate Jews.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2021, 12:51:31 am »
This is very simple: Netanyahu lost the elections and a new prime minister was chosen to form the next government. At the same time, Netanyahu was heading to prison because of his corruption charges that are to be resolved soon.

BUT SUDDENLY AND COMPLETELY COINCIDENTALLY (wink wink) the violence ramps up just as the new coalition government negotiations end and martial law is declared. As a result, Netanyahu stays in power *until the crisis is over* because changing the government during a crisis is seen as a liability.

In other words, Netanyahu engineered this crisis and is benefitting from deaths of innocents because he can still try to find a way to keep himself out of prison as long as he is in power.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2021, 01:45:46 am »
Netanyahu didn't lose the elections as such. He was the choice of a plurality of members of the Knesset to form a government. He just failed to do so, at which point the Knesset recommended that Rivlin give Yair Lapid the opportunity to form a government.

The real sticking point, as far as I can tell, is that there's just enough Jewish MKs who won't support any government backed by any Arab parties, and just enough Arab MKs, that government formation has been effectively impossible under those constraints for almost two years now, and it's only getting harder with the departures of Lieberman and Sa'ar from Netanyahu's coalition, the emergence of Yamina and the continued presence of Arab parties in the Knesset and anti-Arab MKs even in the bloc that seeks to replace Netanyahu entirely.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2021, 10:31:46 pm »

That kinda bullshit is why I stay way, way the fuck away from sayin' any kind of real shit about any country that isn't my own anywhere but here.  Say that Xi Jinping wants to be Mao 2.0?  Clearly, I hate Chinese people, or maybe even Asians, in general.  I point out how insanely toxic Japanese work culture is and how its basically going to end up with their demographic annihilation if left unchecked?  I may as well say we should've lobbed a few more nukes their way.  Say that Netanyahu and the Israeli government should be brought up on charges of crimes against humanity for the brutal campaign of ethnic cleansing they've undertaken in Palestine?  Whelp, guess I'm the second coming of ol' Uncle Adolf, because I just said we should gas all Jews.

People should be able to wise up by now when people cynically use outrage as a defence. When a Jewish reporter can get sacked ostensibly for "antisemitism" for old tweets criticising the actions of the nation state of Israel it's time to call out that old bullshit for what it is

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2021, 06:04:43 pm »
Absolutely.  A criticism of a government or governing body is not a criticism of those under their governance.  That's why you can support members of the armed forces and not support why they were sent off to war, in the first place.  Ain't their fault their leaders are shitbags, and we should be free to call people out, regardless of nationality, religious affiliation, gender, or anything else when they're being pieces of shit.  Because being an asshole knows no division.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2021, 08:06:39 pm »
It's the "when did you stop beating your wife" tactic. By the time you get past sputtering in disbelief the audience is convinced that you used to beat your wife.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2021, 04:09:19 pm »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/israel-new-government-netanyahu-out-1.6064238

Netanyahu is out and one of his former acolytes is in.

Remains to be seen how stable the coalition will be, given that it's got right-wing nationalists (such as Bennett's Yamina), centrists (Lapid's Yesh Atid, Gantz's Blue and White), dovish leftists (Michaeli's Labor) and even an Arab party for the first time ever.