Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 386920 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #3105 on: September 24, 2019, 08:30:27 pm »
I just worry that this will improve Trump's approval rating in the polls since impeachment is still highly unpopular amongst American voters. Trump will most likely play victim and talk vindication when the Senate doesn't convict him.
Bill Clinton's approval ratings went up during his whole impeachment proceedings.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #3106 on: September 24, 2019, 09:48:15 pm »
I think it depends on whether this is a persuasion election or a mobilisation election. Are there any people who voted trump who will change their mind? I don't think so. The real question is whether there are people who would vote against him but will stay at home because of the impeachment?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3107 on: September 24, 2019, 10:59:45 pm »
Impeachment was unpopular when the House opened an impeachment inquiry against Nixon. Didn't mean it was the wrong thing to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIe4tAl8McQ

Also, remember who else talked to Ukraine before a Presidential election and got dirt on how their political opponents were corrupt, and what the general reaction to that was?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3108 on: September 25, 2019, 05:39:23 pm »
So Trump released the transcript from his phone call to the Zelensky today (A short bit from a thirty minute long conversation) here are some snippets:

"The US has been very good to Ukraine, but it's not reciprocal"

"I would like you to do us a favor"

"I would like to have the Attorney General call you or your people and I would like you to get to the bottom of it."

"Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great. Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you can look into it"

"I will have Mr. Giuliani give you a call and I am also going to have Attorney General Barr call and we will get to the bottom of it. I'm sure you will figure it out. I heard the prosecutor was treated very badly and he was a very fair prosecutor so good luck with everything. Your économy is going to get better and better I predict. You have a lot of assets." *wink wink*

But according to Trump there was no quid pro quo so it's not illegal it was just two pals chumming it up and it's like locker room talk.
Sure I guess Hey we give you a lot of money but you haven't done anything for me, so look into my political enemies and your economy could get better, isn't quid pro quo because he didn't out right say Hey I want something you want something from me give me something in return.
This makes him look like a Mob boss calling on someone to do them a favor, and this was just part of that conversation and apparently there were more of them.

G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3109 on: September 25, 2019, 06:21:09 pm »
WHY DOES HE THINK HE'S SOME SORT OF FUCKING MAFIOSA!?

Ironbite-god he'd be found face down in the Hudson if he was.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3110 on: September 26, 2019, 12:16:48 am »
WHY DOES HE THINK HE'S SOME SORT OF FUCKING MAFIOSA!?

Ironbite-god he'd be found face down in the Hudson if he was.

He was in the construction business in New York. You don't do that and don't deal with the Mafia.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Radiation

• ILLUMINATI...ASSEMBLE!
  • The Beast
  • Just Radiation, I am so uncreative
« Reply #3111 on: September 27, 2019, 03:31:57 pm »
I have been following this the past two days and this has become interesting to me. Trump getting caught with this, somehow I don't think he is going to make the 2020 win. Though I have to say seeing all his zombie followers salty and crying is very entertaining.
"Radiation, were beauty measured by the soul instead of the body, you would be legendary on the status of Helen of Troy. Be strong." -The Sandman

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #3112 on: September 27, 2019, 06:07:24 pm »
Bill Clinton's approval ratings went up during his whole impeachment proceedings.

Bill's ratings went up because the Republicans spent years digging into every little thing trying to find something, ANYTHING, they could use to impeach him.  And they ended up going with "lying about a blowjob".  THAT was a witch hunt, which is why the Republicans like to scream "witch hunt" whenever someone tries to investigate them...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3113 on: September 27, 2019, 08:46:28 pm »
Don't forget, Clinton was impeached on two charges: perjury and obstruction of justice.

The Senate vote was closer on the latter charge.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3114 on: September 30, 2019, 02:48:46 am »
So Trump has been calling to meet his "accuser" face to face saying that the whistle blower is a spy and is spreading third hand information about his "perfect" phone conversation with president Zelensky. He keeps throwing that perfect word around as if that means something. But it's like dude, you're the one that released the damning transcript of your phone conversation, the whistleblower just further confirmed it.
It's not him, it's you.
It's like he's living in a different world, but I suppose it's always been that way.

And the beautiful thing is Trump's threats to the whistleblower and anyone else that released information can add more charges of obstruction of inquiry and justice.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2019, 02:53:11 am by Id82 »
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3115 on: September 30, 2019, 06:03:43 am »
Trump has reached the point where he can't keep up with creating new scandals to make people forget the previous scandals and apparently even Fox News is thinking about leaving the sinking ship and turning on him.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3116 on: September 30, 2019, 03:50:59 pm »
And this is where the GOP is gonna find out just what hitching your wagon to a cult of personality leads to.

Ironbite-it's gonna be a bloodbath and I can't wait to watch.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3117 on: October 08, 2019, 12:33:20 am »
This is beautiful. Not only is Trump pissing off the Democrats by shoving mud and pointing fingers while new damning allegations come out. But he's also pissing off his own party by impulsively pulling out of Syria.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3118 on: October 09, 2019, 10:50:28 am »
Turkey is sending their military to attack Kurds from one direction while the DAESH has already struck the Kurds from the opposite direction. Has it already been a day since Trump said that he will personally destroy Turkey if they do this exact thing? Now we get to see two things:

a) Whether or not Trump will once again back away from his threats to a dictator (like he did with Kim)?

b) What happens to allies of USA once USA is done with them. There's pretty much no reason to be part of NATO anymore. Most of the countries are in EU anyway and as USA abandons its allies to genocidal dictators, there's no reason to be a member in both clubs.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3119 on: October 16, 2019, 02:12:03 am »
Trump's corruption from DC's point of view: