Author Topic: EX-NFL player's home is trashed by wild teens  (Read 3635 times)

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
EX-NFL player's home is trashed by wild teens
« on: September 24, 2013, 03:21:55 am »
Over the Labor Day weekend, police say, more than 300 teenagers broke into the vacation home of former NFL player Brian Holloway near Albany, N.Y.

Holloway was away and the teens decided that his house and barn — located on a 197-acre piece of property — were perfect places to party.

They caused more than $20,000 worth of damage, Holloway tells Albany's Times-Union.

The teens also thought it was a good idea to Tweet and Twitpic and Instagram about the party — and that helped enormously when Holloway launched a "Help Me Save 300" website where he's posted many of the things that were shared on social media.

This brings us to the kids' parents. Holloway, as CNN reports, says some of them have since threatened him because he's been publicizing what the teens did...

Update at 11:35 a.m. ET. Stolen Headstone From Grandson's Grave Has Been Returned:

"JC" writes in the comments thread that "the most disgusting act was left out of this article — the fact that these teens stole the headstone of his grandson that died at birth."

That certainly was worth noting, so we want to thank "JC" for making sure we do.

As Holloway wrote, it's "a granite eagle, of great value to our family; it's the headstone for my grandson, Dyanni who died at child birth."

Thankfully, on Holloway's "Help Me Save 300" website, it's now reported that the granite eagle has been returned.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2013/09/20/224382580/teens-trash-ex-nfl-players-home-parents-are-mad-at-him

This is not okay. Sorry, it's 2 AM and that's all I can say.

Art Vandelay

Re: EX-NFL player's home is trashed by wild teens
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2013, 03:32:27 am »
This is why, should you ever own a large property, you should keep at least a couple of big dogs. German Shepherds, Great Danes, Rottweilers, anything of that nature. Tends to put the fear of god into any idiots with a bright idea such as this.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 03:53:27 am »
This is why, should you ever own a large property, you should keep at least a couple of big dogs. German Shepherds, Great Danes, Rottweilers, anything of that nature. Tends to put the fear of god into any idiots with a bright idea such as this.
That would make it difficult to go on vacation or other trips away. Unless you hire someone to take care of the animals, in which case you could just hire a groundskeeper or guard or something. (Actually having a mansion with staff living there would be awesome.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2013, 07:07:14 am »
That would make it difficult to go on vacation or other trips away. Unless you hire someone to take care of the animals, in which case you could just hire a groundskeeper or guard or something. (Actually having a mansion with staff living there would be awesome.)

Also, not everyone likes dogs.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2013, 07:11:48 am »

Also, not everyone likes dogs.

Burn the heathen!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2013, 07:32:31 am »
I am amazed at the absolute idiocy of those people, commiting a crime and then posting it on fucking twitter. how the fuck did they think that would end? Then again since the parents sound like a bunch of shitty individuals it's no surprise the kids turned out to be cunts.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2013, 09:15:22 am »
The teens who did this are assholes, and the parents who threatened Holloway are complete scum. I hate it when people try to defend their kids in situations like this, probably trying to make themselves feel better about their shitty parenting.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 10:25:23 am »
I don't know what's worse, the deranged party-animal/grave-robber kids or their idiot parents.

Glad the gravemarker was returned, though. Good gravy, it was for a poor baby who died when it was born!

I loathe it when kids do something stupid & the parents are indignant about their kids being in trouble rather than mad at their kids. Either they're drowning in that big river in Egypt or they are criminal party-punks themselves who approve of the silliness! I hate parents like that!

What really gets me are the authoritarian types who comment on these type of stories by trashing progressives & less-strict/non-corporal punishment parenting by saying that if the kids were spanked at lot this wouldn't happen. Hey, plenty of no-hitting/time-out types believe in rules, discipline & punishment, too.....just in a more holistic, educational, less rigid, hands-off fashion. Balance is alien to these people. IMHO, I think spanking should be just a couple of swats as a very last resort....as if to say, "YO, KID! I'M SERIOUS!".
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 10:52:19 am by SpukiKitty »

wrightway

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2013, 02:21:43 pm »
The parents who threatened him need a little jail time themselves for harassment. Control your nasty little crotchspawn and he wouldn't have had to post photos of what they did to HIS property online.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2013, 05:24:31 pm »
This seems like a repeat.

Ironbite-or am I confusing this place with the Allspark again?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 05:40:21 pm »
This seems like a repeat.

Ironbite-or am I confusing this place with the Allspark again?

You are confusing this place with the Allspark again.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 01:07:52 am »
The parents who threatened him need a little jail time themselves for harassment. Control your nasty little crotchspawn and he wouldn't have had to post photos of what they did to HIS property online.

Actually, they posted them photos themselves. He just shared them.

Sorry, but if you're stupid enough to do something illegal and post pictures of yourself doing them online then you brought it on yourself.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2013, 02:52:33 am »

I'll keep honey badgers.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2013, 10:39:40 am »
So guys apparently this is a non story.  Yeah according to some guy on the allspark, this guy beat his wife, is a fruit cake, and the house is in foreclosure.  So yeah, this is an open and shut case of the kids just playing in a soon to be bought by the bank house and nothing of value was lost.

Ironbite-*supernovas*

wrightway

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2013, 10:55:03 am »
Four of the children who trashed the house came back to help clean it up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2429747/Brian-Holloways-house-trashed-4-300-teens-trashed-NFL-stars-house-help-fix-up.html

Both Byrnes and Nelson said they thought the party was at someone's home whose parents were out of town and that they never would have attended had they known it was the product of breaking and entering.

I know it's the daily mail, but they have quite a few of the pictures from the party, as well as an interview with Holloway and two of the party goers.