Author Topic: RIP Madden Football, EA has butchered Madden 13  (Read 2503 times)

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
RIP Madden Football, EA has butchered Madden 13
« on: August 27, 2012, 08:06:53 pm »
The game modes this year can be a bit disappointing if you were a fan of traditional franchise mode and/or playing offline game modes with friends. This year, the big addition is Connected Careers, a revolutionary mixture of Superstar and Franchise modes from years past.

However, that means that both Superstar and Franchise modes are not included in this year's addition. Another notable absence is that there is no offline multiplayer on any modes except for your basic exhibition.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1311463-madden-nfl-13-do-the-new-additions-make-the-game-better

Without bringing into the mix of EA releasing a new football game every year that is really nothing but a roster update for 60 bucks, that has changed this year.  This year they decided that you don't want to play offline and thus pretty much scrapped offline play altogether.  Now it is online multi-player or bust.  How is this game even worth 60 dollars now?  I know I sure as heck don't see it worth but maybe 10-15 dollar game. 
I hope EA loses a lot of money over this.  This is greed in almost a pure form is it not?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2012, 08:10:49 pm by CaseAgainstFaith »
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
Re: RIP Madden Football, EA has butchered Madden 13
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 08:25:27 pm »
Then if you're playing it on the 360 it's another $60 because you gold level Live account. Not like I would have gotten it, I've also found Madden to be pretty shitty, but that's just asinine.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 08:27:49 pm »
People still play Madden beyond the Nintendo 64 version?

...Oh right, Call of Duty.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 12:30:21 am »
Well if it makes you feel better guys EA's monopoly is gone so hopefully we can see some competittion soon. (Quality went down with 2006 which coincidentally was the first year that 2K couldn't make a game.)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 06:30:00 am »
Without bringing into the mix of EA releasing a new football game every year that is really nothing but a roster update for 60 bucks, that has changed this year.  This year they decided that you don't want to play offline and thus pretty much scrapped offline play altogether.  Now it is online multi-player or bust.  How is this game even worth 60 dollars now?  I know I sure as heck don't see it worth but maybe 10-15 dollar game. 
I hope EA loses a lot of money over this.  This is greed in almost a pure form is it not?

You said it yourself. Madden itself is greed in pure form.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 03:17:35 pm »
People still play Madden beyond the Nintendo 64 Sega Genesis version?

...Oh right, Call of Duty.

Fixed something there for you.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 04:55:19 pm »
EA is has the reverse Midas Touch, instead of gold everything they touch turns into shit. They somehow turned a shit franchise even shitter. Not one of us should be surprised by this turn of events.

On the bright side, all the time and money they spent to develop always online DRM and the servers needed for it still won't stop the pirates.

LOL, already pirated! Good jerb.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2012, 05:14:36 pm by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*