Author Topic: British Government: "Have you seen 'terrorist content'? That's 15 years."  (Read 1855 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
God damn it Britain.

Ironbite-the fuck is going on with you?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
a) key words "REPEATEDLY viewing" so someone who accidentally sees an ISIS video is not going to get in trouble. The point is to go after people who can be proven to have absorbed a lot of terrorist propaganda and teaching materials.

b) Even now you can be arrested for having the same 15 gigabytes of ISIS videos and training material on your computer, VHS or paper storage or whatever. They think that there's a loophole if watching the same material on Youtube or Liveleak isn't punishable.

c) UP TO 15 years, not a minimum.

d) It's a stupid law and they are going to have a lot of trouble trying to enforce it.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
God damn it Britain.

A Tory government, that's what's going on with us :(

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
God damn it Britain.

A Tory government, that's what's going on with us :(

Not just Tory, Tory/DUP. (Or at least Tory with DUP support through a confidence and supply agreement or something.)

Problem is that the Tories would rather have the DUP have them by the balls than call another election which Labour would very likely win in a landslide.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
I just wonder what's their long term plan because the longer they continue with this particular disaster the more they lose support.

I mean, even now the very best option for Britain is "let's just go back to the way things used to be and pretend that this never happened." In fact, the best option that has any kind of "BREXIT" in it is the Norway deal where the only thing that changes is that Britain will no longer be able to vote in EU. (Best option for EU on the other hand is to force Britain to give up their own currency and join Euro if they want to go back.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
...(Best option for EU on the other hand is to force Britain to give up their own currency and join Euro if they want to go back.)

If the value of the pound keeps going the way it has since the Brexit vote that might also be the best option for the UK, never mind the EU.

As for the DUP/Tory mash-up: according to the DUP they still haven't actually finalised any deals or agreements with the Tories, even though May has indicated otherwise.  So I don't see this partnership going all that well for either of them as they can't even agree on whether or not they agree.  Plus, the Tories have been doing terrible/stupid shit like this for years before they climbed into the DUP's bed.  So IMO this is all Tory.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
d) It's a stupid law and they are going to have a lot of trouble trying to enforce it.

That's a politicians favorite type of law.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
It seems like conservatives just enjoy making nonsensical laws that are impossible to enforce with any dignity, and which just result in challenges to their constitutionality, resulting in egg on the conservative party's face.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer