Author Topic: Violence at Berkeley  (Read 17612 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Violence at Berkeley
« on: February 04, 2017, 05:53:18 pm »
http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/01/us/milo-yiannopoulos-berkeley/

BREAKING NEWS: Self-proclaimed "anti-fascists" use fascist tactics to silence people they don't like. Irony completely lost.

From what I've heard, Yiannopoulos is a douchebag. But that's nowhere close to a justification for this.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
Re: Violence at Berkeley
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 09:18:35 pm »
The people behind the violence weren't part of the original group.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 09:39:30 pm »
The people behind the violence weren't part of the original group.

That's what the article says. I never said otherwise.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 10:08:56 pm »
I hate how these people come along and ruin a peaceful protest. Way to give fuel to the other side.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2017, 10:13:12 pm »
I'm hesitant to use the term, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the violence was the result of a false flag operation.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2017, 10:50:17 pm »
I'm hesitant to use the term, but it honestly wouldn't surprise me if the violence was the result of a false flag operation.

Mmm... it's possible, but I don't think it's very likely.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2017, 11:09:39 pm »
I heard that it was just a bunch of anarchist twats that started it.  Gotta love how anarchists manage to fuck up everything they touch, the adolescent little cunts.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2017, 12:22:07 am »
Gotta love student protesters. There's nothing quite as delightful as ignorance and arrogance in one loud and obnoxious package.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2017, 02:25:38 am »
I heard that it was just a bunch of anarchist twats that started it.  Gotta love how anarchists manage to fuck up everything they touch, the adolescent little cunts.
Same thing happens in Finnish protests. There's a small group of extremely violent anarchists who show up to every protest they can just so that they can scream abot cops being fascist pigs and break other people's property.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2017, 03:08:57 am »
Thing is, Milo loves this sort of shit. It gives credence to his claim to be "dangerous" instead of the little gobshite troll that he is.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2017, 10:24:09 am »
I swear, Jonathan Pie is my fucking spirit animal at this point.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miE-kwQM0mo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miE-kwQM0mo</a>

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2017, 12:58:45 pm »
And would you look at that, people were cheering them on. Not just randos on Twitter, either. This just keeps getting better and better!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2017, 04:31:18 pm »
And would you look at that, people were cheering them on. Not just randos on Twitter, either. This just keeps getting better and better!

Okay, let's break this down. You decry the fact that people are cheering them on, and explicitly say that it's not just "randos on Twitter either". So let's look at who exactly is "cheering them on", shall we? We have... Lexi Alexander, some film director I've never heard of... okay, Sarah Silverman, I have heard of her at least! Too bad she's not really anyone with any real power, so her opinion is kind of irrelevant. Who else? A professor, Angus Johnson. Okay, it might be a little off for a professor to be saying something like this, I'll give you that. I see his point, though. After that, we have Austin Walker, apparently the EIC of a gaming website. Woo, I literally do not care what he thinks. A pair of literally random feminists who don't even seem to have a job title. WHO CARES. A producer of some kid's TV show. Again, WHO CARES. Fucking Laci Green, of all people. The list goes on and on, most of the people after it are Gamergate opponents, noticeably...

What this list is missing is anyone with any real power speaking out in favor of the protests. Where's the head of Berkeley speaking out in favor? Where's the police chief of the city speaking out in favor? Where's LITERALLY ANYONE WITH ANY SORT OF REAL POWER SPEAKING OUT IN FAVOR OF THESE PROTESTS!? Celebrities have no power. And most of these people aren't even real celebrities. C-list at the very best. Who cares what they think? Why does their opinion matter to you? You can find a subset of any population willing to speak out in favor of anything.

And for that matter, where the hell did you even get this source? Do you actually read this dreck or did you just do a google search for "left wing celebrates Berkeley protest"? Because either one is pretty damning, you know. I mean, seriously, did you look at the trending articles? Right at the top is "The Left is living in a Nazi Fever Dream" and "Trump's SCOTUS Pick Neil Gorsuch Fought Social Justice Warriors Before it was Cool". This site is biased to all fuck and back.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2017, 09:22:43 pm »
Personally I was wavering about supporting the 'antifa' movement but now that a gaming journalist has tweeted their support of it. Well sign me up.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2017, 09:31:06 pm »
Personally I was wavering about supporting the 'antifa' movement but now that a gaming journalist has tweeted their support of it. Well sign me up.

So much this
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?