Author Topic: Romney Just Made  (Read 5305 times)

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
Re: Romney Just Made
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 11:53:18 pm »
Oh, you guys are just playing the politics of envy! /conservatard
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2012, 12:01:40 am »
Fuck, I'll trade 4 hours of my income for 4 hours of his. I could use the $50,000 and that prick sure won't miss it.

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2012, 12:10:13 am »
*Cries*

This prick makes more money in five minutes than I make in a fucking MONTH!

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2012, 12:23:54 am »
In the time it took me to watch one episode of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Romney made $9,832.50 dollars.

Yeah, but you will have seen 42 minutes of a quality science-fiction television program. I think we both know who the real winner here is.

The guy with ten grand. Obviously. But still.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2012, 12:27:34 am »

In the 5 minutes and 12 seconds time it took me to write this post, Mitt Romney made
(click to show/hide)

But you can't say he didn't work for it.

It takes effort to be that much of a douche bag
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2012, 01:47:12 am »
The "to put that in perspective" section has some good one liners, such as "Romney, in one week, makes more than twice as much as 99% of Americans do in a year" and "Romney makes $108 tying his shoes."

Also, in the time it takes for most commercial segments to pass while I watch the Daily Show, Romney makes $865. This is more than I make in a month. Worst of all, we're taxed at about the same rate.

Le sigh

You're taxed at 13.9%? Damn, how'd you score a sweet deal like that?

Being poor.

I don't know the exact rate I'm taxed at, let me grab a pay stub (but its about 10K a year so most of it should fall into the 10% bracket IIRC).

:Goes grabs pay stub: : does math: (in said time, Romney made $540.68)

OH, FUCK THAT. I paid $1448 in taxes on just under $9000 gross. I'm paying 16.1% on pennies and he's paying considerably less on millions.

Larger le sigh

To be honest, this made me want to cry. I am not American so thankfully I don't face the same problems you guys do, but seeing what is effectively a pittance being taxed more than a millionaire makes me sick to my stomach. You know how the occupy movement was all peaceful, after seeing this, they were doing it wrong. They should be dragging the bankers, and the politicians and all of the CEOs and the rest of the 1% out into the street and stringing them up. Hell I would fly to the USA to help them. This is utterly disgusting.

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2012, 05:58:46 am »
FoxNewsublican: " he's making most of his money on money which has already been taxed. Let the rich stop investing and making money and let's see how much deeper the country delves into debt."

Employee pay comes from a corporation that has already been taxed, so I guess the poor shouldn't be getting taxed, either.  (Let the poor stop working and making money for the rich...)

If you notice, all right wing economic arguments center on rich people's spending stimulating the economy and creating jobs.  Rich people buy things that create jobs for others because it's someone's job to make those things.  Poor people buy mysterious objects that were made by nobody, never create any jobs, and the money they spend always goes into some sort of black hole*, never to be seen again.

*Hint:  The black hole is actually real.  It is rich people.  Rich people's spending also ends up back here(at a higher rate).

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2012, 08:30:11 am »
Ah yes, trickle down economics. They would work well... if people didn't make more money than they know how to spend it! Investing one's money takes it out of the loop and puts it in the "happy go-lucky money machine" that is the stock market, and it rarely, if ever , does anything direct for the economy.

China, India, Brazil... These are some of the strongest emerging economies in the world. Their industries and their economic policies are diverse and barely similar. What do these economies have in common? An emerging middle class.

Japan exploded in the 80's. This was followed by... and a growing and emerging middle class.

America had an industry boom in the 50's. This was highlighted by... and emerging middle class!

See where I'm going? UPward mobility is key to a strong economy. Common sense would dictate, regardless of your prefered economic model, ensuring the survival and continued growth of a "hungry for material goods/keeping up with the jones'/starting out a new business" middle class would be paramount. One should be concerned with "the poor," because they aren't moving up.

On a side note, in the time it took me to write this, use the bathroom, edit, and post? Mitt Romney made $1,525.18.

Me? I made jack squat, because I don't have a Happy Go-Lucky Money Machine.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2012, 09:41:51 am »
FoxNewsublican: " he's making most of his money on money which has already been taxed. Let the rich stop investing and making money and let's see how much deeper the country delves into debt."
Ye Gods, this double-taxation canard just makes me want to vomit. Pro-tip: Almost every time money changes hands, there is a tax charged! Get used to it! Just because someone else held that $1,000 I just got doesn’t mean it now immune from taxation!
-A Pen Name