Rubbish > Preaching and Worship

A religious mental breakdown

(1/2) > >>

Jacob Harrison:
Today at church I asked my priest about the Galileo controversy and Papal Infallibility and he told be to look at certain Catholic websites about it. I did research on the William W Roberts’ book “The Pontifical Decrees Against The Doctrine Of The Earth's Movement” and found a huge thread about the book on Catholic Answers where some poster debates a bunch of Catholics on whether Papal infallibility was used in regards to Heliocentrism.

https://forums.catholic.com/t/heilocentrism-infallibly-condemned/50472

I found so many arguments for both sides that I am overwhelmed and do not know which side is right. I therefore do not know whether Papal Infallibility is true or not. And as I said before, Papal Infallibility affects who the true heir to the throne of England is in this universe and also affects King Michael’s lineage in Parallel Hero.

I AM THEREFORE HAVING A RELIGIOUS MENTAL BREAKDOWN!

Art Vandelay:
Surprise, surprise, religion is a load of make-believe bullshit. It's what we've been saying from the very beginning, and it's good to see that you're finally figuring it out. Now, you just need to figure out that democracy is superiour in every way to absolute monarchy and you'll be ready to join the rest of us here in the 21st century.

Jacob Harrison:

--- Quote from: Art Vandelay on November 18, 2018, 09:17:50 pm ---Surprise, surprise, religion is a load of make-believe bullshit. It's what we've been saying from the very beginning, and it's good to see that you're finally figuring it out. Now, you just need to figure out that democracy is superiour in every way to absolute monarchy and you'll be ready to join the rest of us here in the 21st century.

--- End quote ---

But as I said in this post, I am in a state of not being sure whether Papal Infallibility is true or not, because I am overwhelmed with the information from the book The Pontifical Decrees Against The Doctrine Of The Earth’s Movement as well as the huge thread on Catholic Answers.

Art Vandelay:

--- Quote from: Jacob Harrison on November 19, 2018, 06:50:34 am ---
--- Quote from: Art Vandelay on November 18, 2018, 09:17:50 pm ---Surprise, surprise, religion is a load of make-believe bullshit. It's what we've been saying from the very beginning, and it's good to see that you're finally figuring it out. Now, you just need to figure out that democracy is superiour in every way to absolute monarchy and you'll be ready to join the rest of us here in the 21st century.

--- End quote ---

But as I said in this post, I am in a state of not being sure whether Papal Infallibility is true or not, because I am overwhelmed with the information from the book The Pontifical Decrees Against The Doctrine Of The Earth’s Movement as well as the huge thread on Catholic Answers.

--- End quote ---

Good rule of thumb for this sort of situation. If there is any reasonable doubt whatsoever that someome or something is infallible, it's a good sign that he or she or it is most definitely is not.

Jacob Harrison:

--- Quote from: Art Vandelay on November 19, 2018, 06:55:53 am ---
--- Quote from: Jacob Harrison on November 19, 2018, 06:50:34 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Good rule of thumb for this sort of situation. If there is any reasonable doubt whatsoever that someome or something is infallible, it's a good sign that he or she or it is most definitely is not.

--- End quote ---

But in this situation, many people made reasonable arguments why the Galileo controversy does not disprove Papal Infallibility. That is a possible sign that the person arguing against Papal Infallibility is wrong. I am overwhelmed by the book about it and the huge thread with arguments made on both sides.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version