Author Topic: MRA Morons Having International Meet-Up to Discuss...Things?  (Read 11501 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Re: MRA Morons Having International Meet-Up to Discuss...Things?
« Reply #45 on: February 03, 2016, 10:28:20 pm »
I suspect most of the members of ROK are pretty much like those boys on the documentary but maybe with the added bravado of being incognito. Roosh on the otherhand sees them as suckers to be fleeced.

I still kind of have a hankering to punch them. Even though I know violence is not the answer.

(The question is 'violence' the answer is 'yes')
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:35:08 pm by davedan »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2016, 10:55:12 pm »
It was probably a good idea to cancel it though. I know Tol and Mellon have softer feelings about these guys but I can understand why people might want to beat the shit out of these guys. Although to conform with their world view, you would have to wait until you were in a private place with them before assaulting them.

My comment was specific to the boys in that documentary film posted earlier. Roosh and other savages like him can fuck right off and die.
Seconded, Roosh isn't a lonely nerd. He's a rapist piece of shit that wants to enable other rapist filth like him.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2016, 11:37:08 pm »
Roosh is a textbook corruptive sociopath - it was his narratives and others like him / inspired by him that turned Eliott Rodger from "the awkward rich kid sitting by himself" to "HOLY SHIT HE'S INSANE!!"

I doubt the massacre would've happened were it not for Roosh and his team's devotion to spreading "neo-masculinity" / "A Real Man Is A Killer". His words are often extremely militaristic and let these people who're in the shitpit feel like they can escape it by being frightening and dangerous and working for this vague "Restore the Patriarchy" end Roosh wants.

Similarly, without Roosh's manipulative words and militaristic notions, would that old fuck from Louisiana actually have gotten the idea to do what he did at the Amy Schumer flick? I doubt it.

Most of these people are utterly dysfunctional, bitter loners from what I've heard - and by and large, despite the stereotype, loners aren't especially dangerous...unless they're given a belief system like neo-masculism.

Essentially, Roosh architected the creation of a twisted martyr for his own side, and used this to inspire more deranged neo-masculinists to take up arms or be more violent and confrontational than they otherwise would be.

Forget Dean Saxton - he rambles. Roosh is the real "Philosopher of Rape". After all, who gets more invitations to speak at these hate conventions? Brother Dean? Or Roosh?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 11:42:08 pm by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: February 06, 2016, 08:43:41 am »
The True Finns' party publication made the conclusion that this is a planned group sexual harassment event by the refugees similar to the incidents on New Year's Eve. Seriously (in Finnish). They went as far as claming that the invitations are being spread in the reception centres. Unfortunately the meeting in Helsinki was cancelled - it would have been awesome if the street patrols and/or police would have gone there to "protect the women" and ended up scaring the shit out of some loveshy types.

Edit: Oops. They actually had a source: the fucking police. YLE also interviewed a police about the investigation. The police seriously thinks this is connected to the refugees and the New Year's Eve incidents. *Facedesk*.

Edit 2: Oops again. I reread the articles in a less agitated state of mind. It's the other way around: the police has started their investigation and increased their patrols based on the rumors spread by the anti-immigration side of the social media. They are doing it just in case there is anything behind the rumors since better safe than sorry.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 10:33:57 am by SCarpelan »

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #50 on: February 06, 2016, 10:12:06 am »
That's some pretty cheap-n-dirty IRL trolling, right there.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #51 on: February 06, 2016, 11:44:09 am »
The True Finns' party publication made the conclusion that this is a planned group sexual harassment event by the refugees similar to the incidents on New Year's Eve. Seriously (in Finnish). They went as far as claming that the invitations are being spread in the reception centres. Unfortunately the meeting in Helsinki was cancelled - it would have been awesome if the street patrols and/or police would have gone there to "protect the women" and ended up scaring the shit out of some loveshy types.

Edit: Oops. They actually had a source: the fucking police. YLE also interviewed a police about the investigation. The police seriously thinks this is connected to the refugees and the New Year's Eve incidents. *Facedesk*.

Edit 2: Oops again. I reread the articles in a less agitated state of mind. It's the other way around: the police has started their investigation and increased their patrols based on the rumors spread by the anti-immigration side of the social media. They are doing it just in case there is anything behind the rumors since better safe than sorry.

a) I was going to write about this when I got home but you made it first. I WAS going to mention the police thing but got sidetracked and you managed to mention that too.

b) Roosh has claimed that his "pro-rape" article was written as a parody much like "A modest proposal." ...Whether that is true or just backpedaling this story is a very long line of misunderstandings and straight up lies.

Roosh wrote a thing and got a reputation as a pro-rape dude. When he decided to do his meet-up thingy there was worldwide anger at him and feminist groups threatened to interrupt the meetings, some even threatened with physical violence. And finally, racists in Finland used the story to imply that the Return of Kings is made up of islamists who try to incite the other refugees to start massed sexual assaults...

I'm glad that the cops didn't join in on the hate train because at that point I would have started sending job applications to foreign companies.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #52 on: February 06, 2016, 11:59:56 am »
...that's kinda awful actually. Any group should have the right to meet without fearing for their safety, even if they are PUAs or neomasculinists or whatever they call themselves.

You're absolutely right.  No group should be afraid of harm if they meet in public, not even the most hateful ones.  I despise Roosh and his ilk, but that doesn't mean I think human rights don't apply to him.

Besides, all this is going to do is feed their persecution complex.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #53 on: February 06, 2016, 04:33:27 pm »
I'm not going to be backwards over how I feel that this guy is getting what is coming for him.  Seriously karma is a thing.  What I don't like is the fact that someone doxxed his parents.  That's just no bueno.

Ironbite-like at all.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #54 on: February 06, 2016, 04:47:47 pm »
Seriously karma is a thing.
No, it isn't.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #55 on: February 06, 2016, 05:13:17 pm »
No, it isn't.
Karma is what you yell when someone who pisses you off gets their dose of schadenfreude.

We don't have a word for those who skate along merrily unaffected by fallout from their misdeeds, amrak maybe?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #56 on: February 06, 2016, 05:18:42 pm »
No, it isn't.
Karma is what you yell when someone who pisses you off gets their dose of schadenfreude.
They don't get schadenfreude, you get schadenfreude. It means taking pleasure from someone else's misfortune. Barring multiple personalities that do not get along, they're not getting any schadenfreude from their own misfortune whatsoever.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #57 on: February 06, 2016, 05:47:52 pm »
I'm offended that this rally was on my birthday and they didn't even invite me.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2016, 05:49:14 pm »
No, it isn't.
They don't get schadenfreude, you get schadenfreude. It means taking pleasure from someone else's misfortune. Barring multiple personalities that do not get along, they're not getting any schadenfreude from their own misfortune whatsoever.

What if they're a masochist?  Can they get self-schadenfreude?

Art Vandelay

« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2016, 06:01:25 pm »
No, it isn't.

What if they're a masochist?  Can they get self-schadenfreude?

I believe it's specifically someone else'e misfortune, so probably not. I could be wrong, though/