Author Topic: Firefighters shot and killed while responding to fire-- WHAT  (Read 16934 times)

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: Firefighters shot and killed while responding to fire-- WHAT
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2012, 04:40:49 pm »
When I was in high school, they were called 'hoods'.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2012, 05:58:08 pm »
In B4 someone calls to arm firemen with guns.
That being said, WTF is up with all the shootings this year?? Did everyone decide to go off the deep end this year??

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2012, 06:00:53 pm »
In B4 someone calls to arm firemen with guns.
That being said, WTF is up with all the shootings this year?? Did everyone decide to go off the deep end this year??

Paranoia meets fearmongering meets mental illness meets ... lots of stuff.

I'm guessing.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2012, 06:11:30 pm »
Why was he released from prison so early after murdering his grandmother? That's ridiculous.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2012, 06:21:16 pm »
Why was he released from prison so early after murdering his grandmother? That's ridiculous.

He served 17 years and it was only a manslaughter conviction.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #20 on: December 24, 2012, 07:59:42 pm »
For beating her to death with a hammer? Something doesn't add up.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: December 24, 2012, 08:02:06 pm »

I haven't looked into it, admittedly, but it might've been a plea bargain.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Distind

« Reply #22 on: December 24, 2012, 08:03:55 pm »
Holy balls, Lake Road?

I'll have to get out my local ghetto atlas. I didn't think that was part of it, but yeah, Rochester isn't the greatest area.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2012, 08:14:49 pm »

Fuck that, he should have gotten the syringe.

A hammer is NOT a quick and clean way to die.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2012, 08:38:48 pm »

Fuck that, he should have gotten the syringe.

A hammer is NOT a quick and clean way to die.

Hm, it was a plea bargain (he was charged with murder but pled guilty to first-degree manslaughter). Parole was after 17 years, ended 8 years later (so 25-year sentence, the maximum for that felony). If it was in New York, they have the death penalty on the books but haven't used it since 1976 (and the statute has been declared unconstitutional, not sure when though).

Quote from: New York Penal Code
§ 125.20 Manslaughter in the first degree.
A person is guilty of manslaughter in the first degree when:
1.  With intent to cause serious physical injury to another person, he causes the death of such person or of a third person; or
2. With intent to cause the death of another person, he causes the death of such person or of a third person under circumstances which do not constitute murder because he acts under the influence of extreme emotional disturbance, as defined in paragraph (a) of subdivision one of section 125.25. The fact that homicide was committed under the influence of extreme emotional disturbance constitutes a mitigating circumstance reducing murder to manslaughter in the first degree and  need not be proved in any prosecution initiated under this subdivision; or
3.  He commits upon a female pregnant for more than twenty-four weeks an abortional act which causes her death, unless such abortional act  is justifiable pursuant to subdivision three of section 125.05; or
4.  Being eighteen years old or more and with intent to cause physical injury to a person less than eleven years old, the defendant recklessly engages in conduct which creates a grave risk of serious physical injury to such person and thereby causes the death of such person.
Manslaughter in the first degree is a class B felony.

For a class B felony, the term must be at least five years and must not exceed twenty-five years...

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2012, 10:04:52 pm »
"whats wrong with people"

Simple, we enjoy killing things.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2012, 11:31:50 pm »
WTF!  Yep humans are getting more stupid...

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: December 24, 2012, 11:53:37 pm »
Holy balls, Lake Road?

I'll have to get out my local ghetto atlas. I didn't think that was part of it, but yeah, Rochester isn't the greatest area.
Woah woah woah back up I live the Greater Rochester area
He was in Webster which is a rather nice suburb (his house was lake side)  Also our crime rate is fine now used to be bad but we cracked down. 

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2012, 04:19:20 am »
I've always equated Chavs with Wannabe Gangsters (I know their not the exact same, but they seemed similar enough). Lazy, shiftless asshole children of middle class parents who try to emulate or do things to seem 'cool' when it just reinforces their assholishness.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #29 on: December 25, 2012, 05:32:02 am »
I've always equated Chavs with Wannabe Gangsters (I know their not the exact same, but they seemed similar enough). Lazy, shiftless asshole children of middle class parents who try to emulate or do things to seem 'cool' when it just reinforces their assholishness.

It's weird that several people here associate the word "chav" with the middle class, because most people in the UK tend to think of chavs as being typically working class and/or from council estates.

That said, there are different types of chav and chavness does cross the class divide.