Author Topic: A window stain near my house is causing a ridiculous jam  (Read 12141 times)

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
Re: A window stain near my house is causing a ridiculous jam
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2012, 08:41:32 pm »
Why is it always Catholics that are claiming to see shit like this?

Catholics believe in miracles that can occur in everyday life to ordinary people. That's why there are beautified people well into the 20th century and various visions and prophecies. Case in point.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2012, 09:30:40 pm »
Huh...so, basically, in Catholicism, the saints and such are like NCOs in the military, they serve to bridge the gap between us foot sloggers and the COs.  Fascinating how that works...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

• The Beast
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2012, 12:54:37 am »
Huh...so, basically, in Catholicism, the saints and such are like NCOs in the military, they serve to bridge the gap between us foot sloggers and the COs.  Fascinating how that works...

Exactly. Don't know much about the military, but are you supposed to want to be them or act like them, too? Because they're also there as reminders that you don't have to be Jesus to be holy: all saints are perfectly ordinary people who managed to become saints through acts of goodness and devotion to God, and the implication is that you, too, could be a saint and that it's not unachievable.

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2012, 01:24:55 am »
That's a good idea, true.

Though technically a Saint is anyone who's gone to heaven. The sainted individuals are those that are guaranteed to be in heaven because they are bringing miracles to us. The Catholic Church generally tries to avoid going apeshit over every miracle and tends to be pretty stingy, especially recently, with saying something is a miracle. You need two-three to be a saint. Beatification requires 1.

Though I think all that is waived for martyrs. I can't think of a martyr that didn't get saintdom, at least famous martyrs.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2012, 08:49:41 pm »

Exactly. Don't know much about the military, but are you supposed to want to be them or act like them, too?

Aye.  Typically, NCOs (from what I've heard and read, I've no actual military experience) are the guys you wanna be like, when you're a regular soldier.  They've got experience, and they know how to command their units and inspire them.  Usually, the people leading the charges are NCOs, if I'm not mistaken.  Generals and other top-ranking commissioned officers pretty much never enter the battlefield.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline PastorDave

• Neonate
  • Blessed in our Lord Jesus Christ
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2012, 01:54:53 pm »
http://my.news.yahoo.com/virgin-mary-draws-hundreds-malaysian-catholics-093402857.html

Jesus fucking Christ (literally) coming back from work is gonna be a bitch tomorrow. And what's more the stain is on a hospital; they're blocking ambulance access praying.
Hundreds of Catholics have gathered in prayer and worship outside a Malaysian hospital after seeing an image said to resemble the Virgin Mary on one of the windows.
Pictures of the image have gone viral among local Christians on Facebook and large crowds have gathered at the Sime Darby Medical Centre just outside Kuala Lumpur.
Those assembled Sunday maintained they can now also see an image of an adult Jesus Christ just two windows away from his mother.

To quote a friend, you can see her period blood.
Perfect example of why the cult of catholicism is of the devil.
“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long in the land that the Lord your God is giving you" Exodus 20:12

• The Beast
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2012, 01:55:58 pm »

Oh my Gawd.

Offline Bezron

• a mysterious riddled spicy burrito wrapped enigma...stuck in some hot chick's colon dreaming of fanginas
  • Pope
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2012, 02:01:21 pm »
http://my.news.yahoo.com/virgin-mary-draws-hundreds-malaysian-catholics-093402857.html

Jesus fucking Christ (literally) coming back from work is gonna be a bitch tomorrow. And what's more the stain is on a hospital; they're blocking ambulance access praying.
Hundreds of Catholics have gathered in prayer and worship outside a Malaysian hospital after seeing an image said to resemble the Virgin Mary on one of the windows.
Pictures of the image have gone viral among local Christians on Facebook and large crowds have gathered at the Sime Darby Medical Centre just outside Kuala Lumpur.
Those assembled Sunday maintained they can now also see an image of an adult Jesus Christ just two windows away from his mother.

To quote a friend, you can see her period blood.

Did you really come to a site that has a large atheist population, who's main purpose is to poke fun at fundamentalists of all stripes, and try to convince us that Catholicism is bad?  Wow, you really set a low bar for yourself there, sport.  Now get back to the threads where there are direct questions waiting for you.

Offline armandtanzarian

• God
  • Sad tropical monkey
    • My band's music
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2012, 05:52:59 am »
I must've missed something...

Anyway, didn't know there are fucking norms for apparitions and this kind of shit.

EDIT: Bonus quote from a Catholic friend.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:06:02 am by armandtanzarian »

Offline ScrappyB

• Bishop
« Reply #39 on: November 19, 2012, 11:29:07 pm »
Whenever I hear of something like this, I can't help but remember the Bloom County strips where people showed up to venerate a clump of mold in the shape of the head of Elvis Presley growing on the side of a refrigerator.
"All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian, or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit." - Thomas Paine

Offline DarkfireTaimatsu

• Pope
  • Here be impies.
    • Taiblog
« Reply #40 on: November 19, 2012, 11:30:34 pm »
I prefer ridiculous jelly myself.
A limerick:

There once was a unicorn who would shove
His rainbows around like a dove
"Always I'll be with you
And then make-believe with you
Harmony, Harmony, oh love"

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2012, 01:19:37 am »
I prefer ridiculous jelly myself.
Does it go well on ridiculous toast?

...dammit Tai, stop making me you. :P

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2012, 02:20:46 am »
I prefer ridiculous butter.

It's actually margarine.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2012, 07:24:14 am »
Seriously, it's not butter?

I can't believe it's not butter.
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."