Author Topic: Time for some stupid from the GOP!  (Read 4201 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Time for some stupid from the GOP!
« on: June 04, 2013, 05:15:30 pm »
Yes I recently came across a pair of articles detailing some stupid from the GOP that amuse and alarm me.  BEHOLD!

Governor Phil Bryant of Mississippi is claiming that moms in the work force is to blame about educational standards slipping

Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant (R) said Tuesday that the country's problems with education began when mothers "got in the workplace" in large numbers.

During a Washington Post Live event on children's literacy, Bryant was asked why the country's state of education had become so "mediocre."

"I think both parents started working," Bryant said. "The mom got in the work place."

The Republican immediately sought to clarify his remarks, according to the Post, noting that “both parents are so pressured” in modern households. Bryant also pointed to a lack of investment in schools as a reason why other countries have surpassed the United States in educational outcomes.

Gee I don't know Governor.  Could it be that in this crappy ass economy that you and your fellow GOP members have created that a one income family might, in some small way, NOT BE ABLE TO PUT FUCKING FOOD ON THE TABLE!?

Article 2 tells us that women don't want equal pay in the work place, just to be acknoledged for their accomplishments.

Republican congresswoman Marsha Blackburn said on Sunday that women "don't want" equal pay laws.

During a roundtable discussion on NBC's Meet The Press, former White House advisor David Axelrod asked if the Tennessee lawmaker would support a law promoting workplace gender equality. Blackburn responded:

"I think that more important than that is making certain that women are recognized by those companies. You know, I’ve always said that I didn’t want to be given a job because I was a female, I wanted it because I was the most well-qualified person for the job. And making certain that companies are going to move forward in that vein, that is what women want. They don’t want the decisions made in Washington. They want to be able to have the power and the control and the ability to make those decisions for themselves."

Blackburn voted against the 2009 Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, a landmark bill for women's rights in the workplace. The law makes it easier for women to file wage discrimination suits against employers. She also voted against the Paycheck Fairness Act of 2009.

Oh yeah because having companies discriminate against females and set their wages lower then their male counterparts but at least they were the most well-qualified person for the job is what women want Miss Blackburn.  Or maybe they want to be able to make the same amount of money as a man for the same job because, IT'S THE FUCKING JOB!

Ironbite-amazing how the GOP has lost touch with reality ain't it?

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Time for some stupid from the GOP!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 07:40:43 pm »
Congresswoman Blackburn needs to take a major pay cut, right now. We'll recognize and acknowledge her work as a vinegar and water mixer for the douchebag factory otherwise known as the GOP.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 09:27:09 pm by mellenORL »
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 08:08:18 pm »
Just saw the story about working moms on the TV.  I think it's telling that whenever this comes up, nobody ever suggests that men start staying home with children.

Also:

"When you look at biology, look at the natural world, the roles of a male and female in society, and the other animals, the male typically is the dominant role. The female, it’s not antithesis, or it’s not competing, it’s a complementary role," Erickson said on Fox News. "We as people in a smart society have lost the ability to have complementary relationships in nuclear families, and it’s tearing us apart."

"This is all women's fault for realizing they're just as much people as men are and wanting more out of their lives besides popping out babies and serving their husbands!"  Also, I want to know what "natural world" this guy has been studying.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 09:55:54 pm »
"the male is typically the dominant role"

Hyenas.

That is all.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2013, 01:55:25 am »
Governor Phil Bryant of Mississippi is claiming that moms in the work force is to blame about educational standards slipping

Mississippi Governor Phil Bryant (R) said Tuesday that the country's problems with education began when mothers "got in the workplace" in large numbers.

During a Washington Post Live event on children's literacy, Bryant was asked why the country's state of education had become so "mediocre."

"I think both parents started working," Bryant said. "The mom got in the work place."

The Republican immediately sought to clarify his remarks, according to the Post, noting that “both parents are so pressured” in modern households. Bryant also pointed to a lack of investment in schools as a reason why other countries have surpassed the United States in educational outcomes.

Gee I don't know Governor.  Could it be that in this crappy ass economy that you and your fellow GOP members have created that a one income family might, in some small way, NOT BE ABLE TO PUT FUCKING FOOD ON THE TABLE!?

There is a little bit of truth in this one, although not for the reasons the GOP imagines.
The number 1 method of improving grades and education of the youth is parental involvement. With most parents working these days, the opportunity for involvement is significantly less. While it is not impossible for a parent to get involved and help their child, work schedules and general fatigue after a full days work certainly don't make it easy. Of course not all parents who stay/stayed at home get involved with their child's school career. and every case is different. However, I just wanted to point out the tiny nugget of truth hidden in the misogyny.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2013, 02:41:11 am »

Hyenas.

That is all.

Anglerfish...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2013, 03:15:07 am »

Hyenas.

That is all.

Anglerfish...

In most birds of prey, the female tends to be larger, and at least for some species, both sexes have equal partnership with incubating, hunting, defending, and cleaning the nest (from what I've seen watching bald eagle cams).

And then there's animals that live solitary lives, where the male leaves after mating season is over.  You mean to tell me that animals that live alone don't compete for resources?  Seriously, what has this guy been watching?  Animals where one male rules a harem?

Offline Stormwarden

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2013, 03:55:18 am »
Lions. The lionesses do all the hunting, and the male's only job is to sit/stand there, look mean, and if necessary, protect the young.

Be the Ultimate Ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2013, 04:40:04 am »

Hyenas.

That is all.

Anglerfish...

Elephants.

Lions. The lionesses do all the hunting, and the male's only job is to sit/stand there, look mean, and if necessary, protect the young.

The males are still in charge, it's just that the lionesses do all the work. They have to catch his dinner for him, and the worst he has to deal with is fighting another male for ownership over his territory and lionesses.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 04:42:18 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 08:35:00 am »

Hyenas.

That is all.

Hyenas, Anglerfish, Elephants, Bonobos, Practically every species of buggy-wuggy insect critter...

On top of that the FEMALE is always the one that makes the final choice in the mate department!

wrightway

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 01:50:31 pm »
Great white sharks would like to remind you that their females are 1/3 bigger than their males.

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 05:11:33 pm »
It must be a day that ends in Y again.
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2013, 09:32:55 pm »
Clearly, my mother working outside the home as a teacher made me stupid.  That's why I have a Masters degree.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2013, 09:52:09 pm »
A masters eh?

Ironbite-yeah cause if she was home like she's supposed to you'd have a Ph.D.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2013, 07:45:35 am »
A masters eh?

Ironbite-yeah cause if she was home like she's supposed to you'd have a Ph.D.

I have a doctorate, and my mother worked outside the home. :P
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg