Author Topic: So much stupid ...  (Read 4915 times)

Offline Nightangel8212

• The Wicked Witch of the Great White North
  • The Beast
Re: So much stupid ...
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 10:51:35 pm »
That song is so going on my favorites.... That is pure... fucking... WIN!!!!

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2012, 11:16:27 pm »
Are really shocked by this?? Pat is famous for saying crazy shit like this.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2012, 03:16:14 pm »
Pat is beginning to give senility a bad name.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2012, 04:38:47 pm »
Is this charlatan still relevant?

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2012, 07:36:59 pm »

So long as he has any sway, he is.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2012, 07:48:16 pm »
Here's a slightly modified version of something I said in chat last night that is very relevant to this topic.

My English teacher last year, who was one of the nicest teachers there and rather smart most of the time, made comments echoing the ones of Pat Robertson in that recent thread about what he said over adoption. Stuff about how she wouldn't want to adopt a kid because they might have inherited "bad genes" from their parents, who were likely criminals,neglectful, or teen parents.

She said something about nature vs. nurture. She also said that it would be better to have a kid that was "yours" because most adopted kids will want to go find their "real" parents someday, and they won't like you because your not their "real" parents.

I'm pretty sure she's not speaking from experience. I think I recall from what she said when she introduced herself at the begining of the year that she was raised in a normal, nuclear, christian, family(It wasn't in those words, but I assume that is the case). She also took a trip to Ireland during the year and told us about it and how things are so different there. How they don't have as many freedoms, how there's rampant terrorism, how she was quite scared when their group(they went as a church group or something) went on a tour through an area that was like a "warzone". I think there might have been mention of how Christians are persecuted and how different Catholics are from Protestants.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #21 on: August 18, 2012, 09:53:54 pm »

So long as he has any sway, he is.
But that's just it, I'm not sure how much sway he actually has. It's been years since his Christian Coalition disbanded, and we all saw how much pull he had in '08 when he endorsed Rudy Giuliani. I'm more concerned about thugs like Bryan Fischer or Pamela Geller. The Old Guard is dying off (in some cases literally) and a new one is taking its place.

Offline czechmate

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 04:55:14 am »
Robinson:  "...a child that had brain damage and grew up weird."

Sounds like he's describing himself.
He is.
BTW, Pat Robertson, you've made 4 definate predictions as to the date of the Apocalypse, all of them "no-shows" and all of them "in the Bible".
Firstly, did you retun the money deonated prior to those events, or are these funds still in your rapidly expanding Cayman Islands account?
Secondly, you have demonstrated that the only uses for a Bible are for doorstops, firelighters or an emergency backup when the toilet paper runs out.