Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1545887 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #6690 on: October 25, 2016, 06:55:19 am »
...Ok, that is actually impressive.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6691 on: October 25, 2016, 08:46:46 am »
My copy of Xenoverse 2 is almost here!  I'm so fucking erect, it hurts!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6692 on: November 02, 2016, 08:19:53 pm »
With the new expansion out, I thought I'd give Sunless Sea a try. Damn good game with fantastic lore. Permadeath, on the other hand, is really what fucks the whole experience. I don't know why they thought that would be a good idea.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6693 on: November 03, 2016, 12:38:25 am »
If I recall right you can turn permadeath off when you start a new game.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6694 on: November 03, 2016, 01:27:48 am »
I know. I'm just wondering why exactly it's the default mode to play on. It's really not a game that's suited to permadeath.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6695 on: November 03, 2016, 02:31:24 am »
People have been saying good things about the Sunless Sea and I'm just waiting until I can afford a new computer to try it out.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6696 on: November 03, 2016, 05:15:25 am »
In the meantime, you could try Fallen London, the browser game that's the source of Sunless Sea's lore.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #6697 on: November 03, 2016, 10:04:56 am »
Making a Fallen London account is also recommendable for the Sunless Sea itself. You can download additional stories for it if you log in to your account from the game menu.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #6698 on: November 09, 2016, 06:10:28 pm »
Apparently I can get Skyrim Special Edition basically for free.

It offers stuff I can already get through mods released 3 years ago but IT'S LIKE 64 BIT AND STUFFS!

As if it's ever actually struggled under the horrible burden of 4GB of RAM before ^_^

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6699 on: November 11, 2016, 05:16:29 am »
The latest Call of Duty game makes clear yet again that the writers don't understand how a military unit is supposed to work.

The game has the player character (who is a pilot but also some sort of commando who goes on ground missions?) become a captain of a ship and then decide to leave the ship and go fighting in the front lines...

I mean, there is a historical case of a general who liked going to the front and help artillery crews set up a cannon while his army was fighting without a leader but much like the game this is in fact an act of desertion. He abandoned his post. People have been demoted for lesser transgressions.

And then in the game the one character, who even hints that the captain of the ship may in fact have something more important to do while his ship is in combat than go around shooting people in the face with an assault rifle, he's the one considered a bad guy...

It's just that this is a common mistake in fiction. I've seen it in fantasy and scifi works mostly but there is some strange belief that a real leader should ALWAYS lead from the front rather than delegate tasks to others, even when they are clearly needed elsewhere giving orders and maintaining awareness of the big picture.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6700 on: November 11, 2016, 11:37:09 am »
Enjoying the hell out of Persona 4 with Sleepis.  Especially Kanji.  Apart from Yukiko, after whom I'm going, he's easily my favourite.  Don't get me wrong, everyone else is cool as hell, but Kanji is just so damned blunt and honest its both hilarious and enjoyable.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6701 on: November 17, 2016, 08:45:40 pm »
Replaying Gun for the first time in about a decade. The biggest problem would have to be the name. It's so generic that Googling anything to do with the game is a royal pain in the bumhole.

Fun game, though. It's basically a poor man's Red Dead Redemption.

Wait, I just remembered that dynamite arrows are a thing in this game. I take that back, it's quite clearly the best cowboy game ever made.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 11:37:07 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #6702 on: November 21, 2016, 11:27:42 pm »
I just got Pokemon Sun and Moon and Dragon Ball Z Xenoverse 2.

Both are incredibly entertaining.

For the former, my team as of now is Kadabra level 22, Magikarp level 15 (I WILL have that Gyarados), Magnemite level 23, Dartrix level 25, Mudbray level 20, and Crabrawler level 22.

For the latter, I made a member of Frieza's Race first, and I'm thinking of making someone else pretty soon. Its oddly fun to play - almost feels like you're fighting battles from the anime.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #6703 on: November 22, 2016, 12:15:53 am »
Gotta say that human female is my favourite moveset, thus far.  Last is majin...they come off as "trick characters" with moves that are as hard to follow for enemies as they are for the one playin em.

Also, Potential Unleashed is still the best transformation.  Pain in the ass to get, need a Z ranking in all the advancement tests, but very well worth it.  Shit even beats SSJ3.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6704 on: November 22, 2016, 03:43:44 pm »
Oh so you haven't been following Team Four Star's Let's Play of Xenoverse 2?  Or "The Adventures of Puddin'" as it is known?

Ironbite-cause I feel the Majin's still come off pretty powerful.