Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1514863 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2265 on: April 15, 2013, 02:56:18 am »
Miraak wasn't too hard.  However there was an unmarked side quest which had you fight probably one of the toughest bosses in Skyrim.  The ghost of Karstaag (from Morrowind's Blood Moon expansion).

Yeah that's a level 80 fight.  I'm not even close to that level yet.

Ironbite-and I really don't go for 100% completion anyways.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2266 on: April 15, 2013, 03:32:02 am »
I think I'm beyond usual levels of Minecraft evil.  Not only did I intentionally use a few basic Thaumcraft items to bring an area to, in Thaumcraft's own words, "DANGEROUS" levels of flux, but I did it to a village.  Dangerous flux levels means that, eventually little wisps will spawn...which have a nasty habit of attacking people with lightning.  I flux'd a testificate village just to make a wisp battle arena so I can farm the wisps' tasty essences, with the villagers and their village likely ending up as collateral damage once I decide to get around to making a nuclear bomb.  Though, now that I think about it, they may be too close to my base for a nuke...I'll need testing!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2267 on: April 16, 2013, 02:08:45 pm »
http://kotaku.com/some-dont-like-bioshocks-forced-baptism-enough-to-as-473178476

Yeah, killing countless virtual people is fine, but don't you DARE make me go through an intentionally uncomfortable religious ceremony that's thematically relevant to the story!
Who needs a signature?

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #2268 on: April 16, 2013, 02:15:23 pm »
Same people who hate Ash for being religious, I'm sure.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2269 on: April 16, 2013, 02:57:53 pm »
So...

Some people, including christians, found it uncomfortable that the player's character is force babtised in the game?

The babtism is done to the character you are playing, not to you. There is a difference between those two things, just like I haven't really saved Hyrule or stopped the Master from turning all humans into mutants. Those things were done by the computer created artificial character I was playing as in the games.

I'm all for immersion into the game and there are games that really get opressive and scary if I can really get "into" the world but it is still just a game.

On the other hand I rarely do the evil quests in a game when I have the choice so I kinda understand that they feel uncomfortable but this particular scenario is something that is forced onto the character so there is no choice involved.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #2270 on: April 16, 2013, 04:40:34 pm »
I'm amused some people complained about not having a choice to accept the baptism (trying not to give away spoilers) because the whole absence of choice is a recurrent theme throughout the game.

Offline FirsthandTuna

• Pope
« Reply #2271 on: April 16, 2013, 05:00:42 pm »
I'm amused some people complained about not having a choice to accept the baptism (trying not to give away spoilers) because the whole absence of choice is a recurrent theme throughout the game.

The baptism is probably one of the least potentially offensive things in the game anyway.
"Fraudulent ONEness of religious academia has retarded your opposite rationale brain to a half brain slave." - The Wisest Man Who Ever Lived

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2272 on: April 16, 2013, 05:13:23 pm »

Both not having a choice and making the decision to "cut off all the branches" and force a decision regardless of what "should" happen.

Isn't "Thou shalt not kill" a Commandment? He's fine murdering virtual folks, but seeing a virtual man baptized? Nope! That's blasphemy!

Dude needs to grow some Jesus balls.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2273 on: April 16, 2013, 06:03:45 pm »
So Walking Dead really depressing

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #2274 on: April 16, 2013, 06:31:40 pm »

The baptism is probably one of the least potentially offensive things in the game anyway.

Yeah, there's FAR more offensive stuff.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Distind

« Reply #2275 on: April 16, 2013, 08:59:36 pm »
Didn't see this one in here,

Starbound is now taking pre-orders:
http://playstarbound.com/

Apparently they're doing their own kickstarter type deal with levels, goals, the whole lot. Already down for 600k and looking to hit 750 before too much longer. That said, it isn't a kick starter and the money is immediately sent to them, so, be a bit wary of putting too much in. They seem competent, but I've seen excelent designers fail at business horribly.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #2276 on: April 17, 2013, 01:55:39 am »
(click to show/hide)

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2277 on: April 17, 2013, 02:29:10 am »
(click to show/hide)

Took me a second to realize you were talking about TWD.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2278 on: April 17, 2013, 03:31:42 am »
Man, my Minecraft crashed right as I was about to finish up the components for my nuclear reactors...NEI likes to crash at random while "updating screen events."  Yes, that was "reactors," plural.  Three of 'em, to start with, and a design that makes 'em 100% safe, 100% efficient (only ever need to replace the uranium cells), very compact, and easy to automate.  I'm gonna need more uranium...
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 03:33:18 am by RavynousHunter »
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2279 on: April 17, 2013, 04:58:38 am »
Ended up winning a copy of Bit Trip Runner on TF2 after winning a contest I didn't realize I had entered until after I had beat the boss.

It appears to be a music side scroller and I think it has a series around it.  Anyone else know about it?