Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1511975 times)

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
The Massive Mojave Mod Mashup Compatibility Patch Mod (MMMMCPM) is public
« Reply #2655 on: June 14, 2013, 02:12:13 am »
Ladies and gentlemen, it is finally done. The Massive Mojave Mod Mashup Compatibility Patch Mod (MMMMCPM) is public in alpha v0.0.1.0. Public testing is now open.

While war never changes, New Vegas certainly has! I dove headlong into compatibility hell with the explicit purpose of improving New Vegas. The goals I seek to accomplish are:

• MASSIVE Mod inter-compatibility
  • MASSIVE Mod intra-compatibility
  • A MASSIVE change log

In other words, at least:
mod (A) working with mods (a1, a2, ect) for mod (A) working with
mod (B) working with mods (b1, b2, ect) for mod (B) working with
ect. In the words of Shakespeare “O, that way madness lies…”

The entries made to accomplish such have been documented in a MASSIVE change log for the sake of suggestions, learning and mod integration. Most entries are ‘copy as overrides’, new entries made by myself use data from other mods. Seek permission from those authors before adding to your mod(s).

The best way to show what has changed is through comparing these videos:

MMMCPM alpha v0.0.0.3:  Raul's life is a hell, literally and figuratively.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sv8PALBsuw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sv8PALBsuw</a>

MMMMCPM v0.0.0.6 alpha: Strange things in Freeside
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WJHydYJiTg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WJHydYJiTg</a>

MMMMCPM v0.0.0.7 alpha: My power armor is powered
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aecZi5HE-Mg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aecZi5HE-Mg</a>

MMMCPM V0.0.1.0: "Go to hell and take your cheap suit with you!" --The Spy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0RLkdaLyMQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0RLkdaLyMQ</a>

The following mods will cause problems with MMMMCPM and the associated mods:

• MMUE – POP
  • MMUE – WMX
  • New Vegas Uncut 3: A Van Graff Scorned
  • New Vegas Uncut 1: Rotface to Riches
  • Ambient Temperature - URWLified Nevada Skies

Links are on the mod page.
Almost fool proof install instructions
(click to show/hide)

DOWNLOAD THESE MODS!
(click to show/hide)

Dial M for Mojave
1. Why is PNxEWeap32pistol ".22 Revolver" [WEAP:0B00080A] named .22 Revolver?
2. [00] FalloutNV.esm \ FormID List \ 0017BA31 <RepairMinigunForRealzImSeriousGuys>?
Why does Mission Mojave Ultimate Edition.esp have interface\icons\pipboyimages\weapons\weapons_powerfist.dds and everything else Interface\Icons\PipboyImages\Weapons\weapons_power_fist.dds?

Special thanks and credit to:
(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:15:19 am by The Illusive Man »
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #2656 on: June 14, 2013, 09:14:44 am »
So are you their PR team or what?

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
« Reply #2657 on: June 14, 2013, 11:01:49 am »
Nope. No teams, no group effort. It’s just me, FNVEdit 3.0.29 EXPERIMENTAL, a legitimate copy of New Vegas on one partition and a pirated copy on another.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2658 on: June 14, 2013, 05:58:22 pm »
I've been waiting over a year for Rainbow Six Patriots, only to learn it's being released on the X1 now.  I hope I didn't preorder.  Oh well, at least Payday 2 looks interesting.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Distind

« Reply #2659 on: June 14, 2013, 08:37:17 pm »
Nope. No teams, no group effort. It’s just me, FNVEdit 3.0.29 EXPERIMENTAL, a legitimate copy of New Vegas on one partition and a pirated copy on another.
So that's where you've been... I did have an urge to play NV again... Though I was considering checking out the fallout mod for Dwarf Fort instead.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #2660 on: June 14, 2013, 11:43:58 pm »
Unfortunately, I had to get rid of New Vegas until I can upgrade my computer. I like to play with a lot of mods, but unfortunately the game just doesn't run well enough to justify it taking up almost 20 GB of space on my computer.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2661 on: June 15, 2013, 01:33:51 am »
I really want to play Crusader Kings 2, but alas, my crappy laptop would have none of it. The base game looks fine enough on its own, but add the expansions and it looks fucking mind-blowing. Granted, the Muslims and Vikings are both a tad overpowered, but that's nothing a patch or two, be it official or fan made, can't fix.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
« Reply #2662 on: June 15, 2013, 11:27:28 pm »
So that's where you've been... I did have an urge to play NV again... Though I was considering checking out the fallout mod for Dwarf Fort instead.

Due to a combination of: FormIDs not staying the same of other people even with a standardize load order and people removing older versions of their mods while I was still bug testing MMMPCM! MMMCPM pretty much died, I will probable have to start over from scratch. Hell I can’t even use mod fusion of all of the mods, as a mods authors said no.

My mother fucking mod masterpiece, all that time and effort is pretty much now gone. Look on My Works, Ye Mighty, and fucking Despair.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2663 on: June 16, 2013, 08:55:53 pm »
So Alchestbreach never got to do your mod?

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #2664 on: June 17, 2013, 01:59:50 pm »
I got Fable 3 as a free download to XBox Live.  So far, I'm 45 minutes into the game, and I'm bored of out my mind.  I've seen nothing but long-winded dialog, linear quests, and rare and overly-simplistic combat.  I need to popl in another game and kill something as I'm sick of shaking people's hands!
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Distind

« Reply #2665 on: June 17, 2013, 02:08:47 pm »
2 was far better. Got it for next to nothing used.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2666 on: June 18, 2013, 01:21:49 am »
2 was far better. Got it for next to nothing used.
It's the only game I've ever played where you can draw a large crowd of people in the centre of town to watch you shit your pants. The amount of entertainment I've derived just from that really speaks volumes about my immaturity.

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2667 on: June 18, 2013, 01:31:23 am »
I have Fable: The Lost Chapters on steam and let me tell you, the character models have not aged gracefully.  They look dreadful.  That's probably part of the reason they're doing a HD remake.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2668 on: June 18, 2013, 09:06:53 am »
I have come to the conclusion that Mass effect fans are no longer allowed to complain that the ending to ME3 was the worst thing that ever happened to the franchise. (Also, claiming that it was the worst thing ever in anything, is just silly.)

I came to believe this after seeing Mass effect: Infiltrator. I'm not going to complain about graphics or anything like that, it's a game for a phone and I'm amazed that it looks as good as it does. My issue with it is that the story is rubbish and I have no idea why they have voice actors for the game íf none of them can bother to act. Either they are all just phoning it in (although I suppose delivering lines as dumb as that game has isn't very rewarding.) or simply cannot act at all.

Bah. I know that the game was just some cheap attempt to cash in with the success of the main series, they have also released some books and apparently an animated movie as well, but I just cannot believe how little effort they put into the story and voice acting. From the reviews I've read I've gathered that some people have enjoyed the gameplay so it's not all bad... Which makes the bad story and voice acting just seem even worse when compared to an otherwise decent/mediocre game!

Were they originally making an completely unrelated game and then just slap the mass effect title on it half way trough? Didn't they just care? Or was it that only a part of that company is competent while the rest of the crew are always on drugs?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #2669 on: June 18, 2013, 09:17:31 am »
At risk of sounding like a corporate shill, that sale on GOG.com is fucking insane. It's basically 50% the entire catalog along with 80%-90% off for the daily deals. I must say, it makes the Steam sales (especially the recent ones) seem rather insignificant in comparison.