Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1517659 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #3945 on: December 29, 2013, 12:41:47 pm »
i need 5   does anyone have that for 2

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3946 on: December 29, 2013, 02:14:50 pm »
I have spares, Kef.  Hit me up on Steam, should be able to find me through either Tlaren or Siraj.  The gryphon avatar is hard to miss.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #3947 on: December 29, 2013, 03:53:59 pm »
My newest baby, adopted yesterday:

(click to show/hide)

Sadly I couldn't get the sound set up so for the rest of yesterday I mopped up BioShock 2.

I can't tell if that was a worthy sequel or another simple expansion of the first game like most game sequels...

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3948 on: December 29, 2013, 04:05:07 pm »
Shenmue is really the one that matters the most there.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #3949 on: December 29, 2013, 04:16:30 pm »
Yeah. I was fascinated about that game since 2000, the same time I was fascinated about the Dreamcast itself. And I knew nothing about that game and what I would get into in the future. It's kind of like back in 2007 I wanted to play BioShock and when I finally got to play it last year (or as this year is coming to a close, 2012) I absolutely loved it, even with a few moments of reluctance.

I can certainly tell it's going to be one damn fine game, like four discs (and the Dreamcast was a pretty powerful system then) and lots of content.

Already, and I'm considering filling in a wishlist of games (like Bangai-O, which the next time I find that game I'll grab it regardless of price. Good thing it shouldn't be that expensive since I one time found a factory sealed (keyword: factory sealed) for just $100). And also, Japan-exclusives like Ikaruga (which was released here in North America, but on the Gamecube, and it's still not cheap).

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #3950 on: December 29, 2013, 04:27:04 pm »
My little brother bought me XCom and Civ V to be downloaded from Steam for xMas.  Got them downloaded (though I have no clue what XCom is).  Now I just need to find the time to play them.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3951 on: December 29, 2013, 06:18:11 pm »
My little brother bought me XCom and Civ V to be downloaded from Steam for xMas.  Got them downloaded (though I have no clue what XCom is).  Now I just need to find the time to play them.

XCOM is a tactical strategy game.  It can be... ... very unforgiving.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #3952 on: December 29, 2013, 06:27:21 pm »
Thanks to Cerim I finished my badge. :D

I have an extra #1 if anyone wants it. If you can, I'd like to get a couple of the others so maybe I can craft the badge again.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3953 on: December 29, 2013, 07:30:09 pm »
My newest baby, adopted yesterday:

(click to show/hide)

Sadly I couldn't get the sound set up so for the rest of yesterday I mopped up BioShock 2.

I can't tell if that was a worthy sequel or another simple expansion of the first game like most game sequels...

It's more of the same from Bioshock 1 really.  Only difference is instead of a wrench, you get the drill.

Ironbite-which is only fun the first...50 times you use it.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3954 on: December 29, 2013, 08:13:12 pm »
Battlefield 1942 is free on Origin, so it's gotten a bit of a revival. The old Forgotten Hope mod even has one very well-populated server with a max of 128 players that seems to be perpetually active; you just need to use 7-Zip or something to extract the individual .exe files for the mod into one folder and add it to the Battlefield 1942/Mods folder, then download a no CD compatibility patch from ModDB to get it to run.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #3955 on: December 29, 2013, 09:44:53 pm »
XCOM is the bastard lovechild of Dark Souls and Command and Conquer, with a bit of Alien added for flavor. It's also got perma-death like Fire Emblem. Carelessness is punished without mercy, but with careful consideration of your actions and a bit of luck it's a fun ride.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #3956 on: December 29, 2013, 11:36:37 pm »
I turned off Ironman oddly enough I found Normal especially ironmanless kind of easy classic is douchey  BTW buy Enemy Within it has mech suits.  Also thx 4 the card.
I got a gamestop gift card for xmas so I bought KH 1.5 and I actually skipped all the destiny islands tutorial fights since they are super hard on proud.  I hope the game gets more easy since the difficulty seems to be from not having dodging or blocking (any KH vets will tell you need blocking to do anything.)  Also the camera really really really sucks.  Even on manual rotating the stick a little jerks it way too much
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:40:34 pm by kefkaownsall »

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #3957 on: December 29, 2013, 11:53:36 pm »
Just started playing BioShock Infinite today. I was starting to get discouraged since some people expressed disappointment in the game. As for me, I am so far loving it. This is like, a huge improvement over BioShock 2, even though I've also been annoyed by the plasmid vigor system (i.e. you can only carry two at once and you must replace one of them). To me, that's not a big deal because how often did I used the other plasmids in the previous games? And then, there is also the same for the weapons, though I'm currently yet to obtain the third and beyond, but now that's going to be a bitch.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #3958 on: December 30, 2013, 12:13:23 am »
Just started playing BioShock Infinite today. I was starting to get discouraged since some people expressed disappointment in the game. As for me, I am so far loving it. This is like, a huge improvement over BioShock 2, even though I've also been annoyed by the plasmid vigor system (i.e. you can only carry two at once and you must replace one of them). To me, that's not a big deal because how often did I used the other plasmids in the previous games? And then, there is also the same for the weapons, though I'm currently yet to obtain the third and beyond, but now that's going to be a bitch.

Well, it's so fast to replace your Vigors on the wheel (and Gear in the menu) that you're technically carrying all of them and just need to swap them out. Way easier than the first two with Plasmids and Gene Tonics, where you needed to visit a Gatherer's Garden and Gene Bank to make any changes.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #3959 on: December 30, 2013, 07:55:43 am »
(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet