Author Topic: Video Game Thread 2.0  (Read 1515952 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Video Game Thread 2.0
« Reply #5445 on: January 19, 2015, 06:03:46 pm »
So, what you're saying is, this game is going to explode all over the internet thanks to the Streisand effect.

I mean, I have to play it now.

Not really? The problem with Hatred is that it's a pile of crap by itself and isn't something that can even be enjoyed ironically. People would look at it and decide that it's not even worthwhile. Any hype it receives will be short-lived.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5446 on: January 19, 2015, 06:46:09 pm »
Hatred, in two "sentences".

GAIZ LOOK I'M SO EDGY. LOOK AT ME!
Considering all the butthurt it's generated from you alone, I'd say it's definitely doing something right.
Well, for one, GTA doesn't encourage you to commit mass murder.
I'd say it very much does. GTA has always been just as much (or likely more so) about killing random NPCs, creating stupidly ridiculous police chases and generally fucking about in the big old sandbox it gives you as it is about the story missions. If the designers didn't intend for you to do that sort of thing, they wouldn't have left weapons like flamethrowers, katanas, chainsaws, rocket launchers and the like that are rarely, if ever, actually used in any story missions just lying around the map, or implemented the 6 star wanted level that's never actually used in any story mission (unless GTA V has bucked that trend).

Just the game doesn't specifically ask for or reward certain activities doesn't mean it's not encouraged.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:53:12 pm by Art Vandelay »

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #5447 on: January 20, 2015, 08:42:13 pm »
Doom: The Golden Souls 2 is in development.

Get hyped, kiddos.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5448 on: January 20, 2015, 09:16:10 pm »
Personally, my favorite part was how they cried about the devs being neonazis.

The claim for this was one of the devs liking a facebook page run by european neo nazis.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #5449 on: January 21, 2015, 03:12:10 am »

The claim for this was one of the devs liking a facebook page run by european neo nazis.

To be fair, liking a neo nazi page does look quite bad.  Not sure what else people are supposed to make of someone who does that.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5450 on: January 21, 2015, 03:17:52 am »

To be fair, liking a neo nazi page does look quite bad.  Not sure what else people are supposed to make of someone who does that.

Not really. Hell, I've liked a bunch of stupid pages on Facebook, neo-Nazis likely included, just for the sake of taking the piss. Unless you know for certain that they take Facebook as seriously as everyone else seems to, it's probably a little soon to be calling them neo-Nazis.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:00:51 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #5451 on: January 21, 2015, 03:54:39 am »
If we got judged by the random shit we liked on FB, all of us would be ostracized.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #5452 on: January 21, 2015, 06:10:51 pm »
So, what you're saying is, this game is going to explode all over the internet thanks to the Streisand effect.

Not really? The problem with Hatred is that it's a pile of crap by itself and isn't something that can even be enjoyed ironically. People would look at it and decide that it's not even worthwhile. Any hype it receives will be short-lived.
Despite my earlier overeactions it's really just boring.
Image Jack( that one furry webcomic) but without the Batshit insanity and furry/demon dicks that made it so timeless.

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5453 on: January 21, 2015, 07:56:33 pm »

Despite my earlier overeactions it's really just boring.
Image Jack( that one furry webcomic) but without the Batshit insanity and furry/demon dicks that made it so timeless.
As I predicted: Postal-lite, with nothing that makes it funny.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #5454 on: January 22, 2015, 08:16:58 am »
So, it seems like my idea for Public Menace is still viable...good.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5455 on: January 23, 2015, 01:03:12 am »
Look what I just did.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5456 on: January 23, 2015, 02:15:52 am »
Congratulations Art.

Meanwhile I am trying to make Sulik stop shooting the Chosen one in the back. A gave him the .223 Pistol since I thought that, at least he wouldn't burst fire allies to shreds like he did with the 10mmSMG but instead Sulik just killed Chosen one with a single bullet from .223 pistol to her back...

Well, fuck you too. I guess you'll have to make due with the sledge until I find the super sledge for you.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5457 on: January 23, 2015, 05:17:12 am »
Yeah, NPC companions with guns are a recipe for disaster in that game. If you ask me, the only thing they're good for are pack mules and meat shields.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #5458 on: January 23, 2015, 05:55:52 am »
Yeah, NPC companions with guns are a recipe for disaster in that game. If you ask me, the only thing they're good for are pack mules and meat shields.
They're not nearly as bad as they were in Fallout. And if you give Vic and Cassidy rifles (hunting rifle, sniper rifle or heaven forbid... The Gauss rifle) they will be really good backup and can even take out most of the enemies.

The burst fire weapons are a problem (First thing to do with Marcus... Tell him to put down the minigun and slowly back away. He will happily punch enemies for a while and I seem to remember he used the plasma gun pretty well too. Too bad he has no armour in the unmodded game.)

Besides, I am playing Killapp's Restoration project and am discovering both the good and bad sides of it. Like the fact that very first quest for Marcus impossible to go on caravans from Broken Hills... And that is no bug, the quest means removing the caravan master and apparently no one takes his place.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
« Reply #5459 on: January 23, 2015, 05:48:30 pm »
I can't be the only who think Geth are adorable in a odd, ugly way.