Author Topic: A Political Test that Sucks Less  (Read 5612 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
A Political Test that Sucks Less
« on: August 29, 2013, 11:30:22 pm »
The problems with the Political Compass have been made clear at this point IMO, so I was glad to find an online political test that sucks less: The Political Test.

You are a social-democratic cosmopolitan. 1 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 3 percent are more extremist than you.

(Alternatively, my results can be found at this link.)

If I started a Cosmopolitan Party, would we all drink cocktails and be called "the Cosmos" for short? Because that would be kind of cool.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
Re: A Political Test that Sucks Less
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2013, 11:31:52 pm »
Ooooh multiple planes.  I like.

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2013, 11:44:12 pm »
You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat. 14 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 70 percent are more extremist than you.

To be honest, I felt I was neutral on too many things.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 11:49:39 pm »
You are an anarcho-collectivistic. 0 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 2 percent are more extremist than you.

I'm not entirely sure what this means, save that I don't seem to have many gray areas in my beliefs. I think they're saying I believe in working together for mutual benefit, but I've honestly got no idea how they define "anarcho-collectivistic". Or what that even means.

[le web search]

Wikipedia: "Collectivist anarchism (also known as anarcho-collectivism) is a revolutionary doctrine that advocates the abolition of both the state and private ownership of the means of production. It instead envisions the means of production being owned collectively and controlled and managed by the producers themselves."

Okay, yeah, I'll buy that. Sounds like what I was saying in my AI government thread.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2013, 11:54:02 pm »
You are a Social Democrat. 10 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 36 percent are more extremist than you.

On the other hand, I find it hillarious that as an engineer in environmental sciences, who choose my career path out of a deep feeling of ecological responsabilities, I still apparently am more anthropocentric than ecological ; according to this test, of course. I guess because I eat meat and agree with medical animal testing? Give me a break. This, and other questions that I felt were a bit vague, leads me to believe that while it's a interesting test, it's far from a complete one.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 11:58:15 pm »
I took the test, and found it to be very poorly written in places. They offer no description of their methodology, which makes me wonder a bit if they're not just pulling it all out of their ass.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2013, 12:06:05 am »
I took the test, and found it to be very poorly written in places. They offer no description of their methodology, which makes me wonder a bit if they're not just pulling it all out of their ass.
I'm more interested in how they define their terms. There is little information at the end of the test that explains the results.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2013, 12:06:39 am »

Ok, how the fuck is my secular rating so damn low? I not only answered "strongly disagree" for every question on religion, but also weighted all but one of them.

I liked the political compass test a lot better.

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2013, 01:08:42 am »
You are a cosmopolitan Social Democrat . 14 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 33 percent are more extremist than you.

Looks like I'm almost a centrist. I didn't weight anything, though.
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2013, 01:26:01 am »
You are a Social Democrat. 10 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 8 percent are more extremist than you.

I didn't think to weight them, though.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:29:27 am by PosthumanHeresy »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2013, 01:29:37 am »
I'm surprised you scored anthro Eva
also
Religious education should be a compulsory subject at all schools.
does this mean like bible study or things like the tenants of islam for dummies cause I mean I think its important to know the tenants ofa  religion and also studying myths etc
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 01:36:57 am by kefkaownsall »

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2013, 07:09:03 am »
i didn't find this test to be any help, especially since it seems to USA-centric. according to the classical definitions, i'm to the left of extreme left wing, since i'm not on the chart anymore (anarcho-pacifist), but according to the test, i wound up a cosmopolitan social democrat without understanding why, and i'd be on the terrorist charts if i were in the US due to my beliefs that you can do whatever so long as it doesn't hurt anyone else...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2013, 07:24:53 am »
Forum full of capitalistic fascists! I thought we were supposed to be commie pinkos!

You are a Trotskyist. 3 percent of the test participators are in the same category and 0 percent are more extremist than you.

Suck my extremism! :P
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2013, 07:30:06 am »
Forum full of capitalistic fascists! I thought we were supposed to be commie pinkos!

that's what bugs me. i AM a commie pinko! give me my pinkiness dammit! just because i didn't strongly disagree on everything.... you know what, i don't think the political grid can pinpoint you what you really are with a multiple choice test, perhaps a politoligist, if it matters to you that much...
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2013, 07:38:57 am »

that's what bugs me. i AM a commie pinko! give me my pinkiness dammit! just because i didn't strongly disagree on everything.... you know what, i don't think the political grid can pinpoint you what you really are with a multiple choice test, perhaps a politoligist, if it matters to you that much...
What's funny is that I too believe that you should be able to do what you want as long as it's not hurting others, and I'm pretty satisfied with mine. I used strongly agree/disagree for when I think there's no exceptions.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.